• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Tabletop Games Thread (And Roll20)

It's compilcated, here's how it goes.
White Wolf has The Original World of Darkness, Onyx Path had a lot of stuff from White Wolf and they made the New World of Darkness.
Paradox bought White Wolf from CCP, White Wolf gets back on the block and is rebooting the Orignial World of Darkness as One World of Darkness.
New World of Darkness is rebranded as Chronicles of Darkness and is allowed to continue to exist by licensing things out from White Wolf while still allowing them to have their own take on splats and previous things/feel.
(They also get to do 20th Anniversary Editions of Original/Old World of Darkness)

Changeling: The Lost is Onyx Path, basically.
Changeling: The Dreaming is White Wolf.
Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition is a lil' of both.

On that note, my gm and the head nech translator recently got in touch with the original publishers.

They're discussing the possibility of making our English version official...!

Good luck with that.
If it gets adjusted properly to not have some...questionable parts, I might consider purchasing it.

Anyway, back to Changeling.
Currently, it's sitting at $80,000. and Already has quite a few stretch goals smashed, and at the least, it's going to have a companion book, as well as a "Book of Kiths" (basically what the Fae turned you into)
I wish it luck and hope some of you are interesed, because like I said, at the least at the $10 level you could potentially get every 1E book (Which is like an $100 value )

Good luck with that.
If it gets adjusted properly to not have some...questionable parts, I might consider purchasing it.

They won't be compromising or censoring the creativity by even an inch. Nechronica is a very special game thematically and tonally, and we're all very firm on protecting what makes it emotional and beautiful. At most they might consider a new artist, but the actual written material will remain exactly as is in all its bittersweet glory.

Last edited:
They won't be compromising or censoring the creativity by even an inch. Nechronica is a very special game thematically and tonally, and we're all very firm on protecting what makes it emotional and beautiful. At most they might consider a new artist, but the actual written material will remain exactly as is in all its bittersweet glory.
Why does this sound like you were paid to say it

Reactions: Jutsei
Why does this sound like you were paid to say it
I just really, really love the game. It's been one of the three best gaming experiences of my life ^_^
I've cried several times.
Admittedly, part of that is probably because Rak is a top notch GM and storyteller. He has been gm'ing shit for decades. Most certainly wouldn't be the same without him.

I've been thinking of running a very short 3-4 session campaign for it over winter break (I've done side-plot gm'ing for raks game when he's busy) for anyone who might be interested. I know Paperbagsniper was, at least.

You'll need a proofreader, a professional editor and a ton of footnotes for the references.

Been a while since last post, but Changeling: The Lost's 2E kickstarter has 1 week to go and quite a few stretch goals left to get
You can get some cool stuff with a relatively low buy-in, if you're interested. You could even get (almost) every 1E book if you want!
(Shilling 'cuz I want it to be the best it can be)

In non-shill related news, Humble Bundles offering a Third Party Bundle of cool D&D 5E (and some pathfinder) books.
It includes the (fantastic) Tome of Beasts, if you're interested!

Lastly, in some unfortunate news, Chaosium (The license holder of the Call of Cthulhu RPG) has opted not to renew the license with Cubicle 7, who have developed quite a few games under license.
What does this mean? Same thing as what happened with Fantasy Flight Games and Warhammer. Everything's gotta go.
If you were interested in any books in the World War Cthulhu, Cthulhu Britannica, or Laundry series, you'll wanna act now, and act REALLY fast.
Thankfully, they're sane, and are offering all PDFs in that series for 25% off, if you're missing a few.
At some point, they plan to reboot a lot of the books with a different system, (until now, they were relying on Call of Cthulhu's basic RPG system, so who knows, maybe this is for the best)

Another bump but, holy shit.
Bundle of Holding is going absolutely ham right now, insane amount of deals right now.

Starting at $18, and capping at $30 if you're feeling Generous, there is The Dracula Dossier, which gets you Nights Black Agents (Spies vs Vampires), as well as The Dracula Dossier, which is basically treating Bram Stokers Dracula as if it was a real event that happened, and is widely regarded as one of the best campaigns ever made

If Tolkien-esqe journey and fellowship is more your bag though, there are a Pair of One Ring bundles, one that has the game + quite a few supplements, and another one that has many more recent books, including one if you wanna get your Riders of Rohan on.

Lastly, Monte Cook has his revenge with a pair of bundles.
The Cypher System, which is basically his Numenera system touched up, and has a pair of settings made just for the system

And the revival of The Strange, which is basically the premiere game if you wanna do a bunch of universe hopping with your pals.

Ravioli ravioli finally started Pathfinder as an Armor Masteroli (Fighter archetype)

So, we're playing Skull and Shackles, the pirate-themed campaign where you get to kill a lotta Chelish Hellknights n shit. We have 2 DMs mastering and something like 8 players or more in the campaign; the quirk however is that not all players need to be present except for the Alchemist who became Captain. I got introduced while they were boarding a ghost ship.

I made this silly but serious backstory for my character before learning that everyone else pretty much had nonsrs BGs and characters.

The crew, all anti-Cheliax, anti-slavery people, consists of:

- A Tiefling Grenadier Alchemist who staged a mutiny after learning the (now former) captain wanted to sell the crew as slaves; it's a long story actually. Cheliax defector who considers demons abominations and is extremely brutal with Hellknights and worshippers of Asmodeus. Wants to gather enough power to sail South and is taking any Feat that can help him become a dragon. CN
- A Grippli Grenadier Musketeer rescued after the mutiny. Exploded the fleeing captain's head with a crit. His name is Kermit Thefrog. Yes, basically this. CG
- An Undine UnMonk who doesn't speak because he has a funny accent that few people take seriously. LN
- An Aasimar Oracle. One of the few normal people. CG
- An old Gnome Bard who likes to prank the Captain. CN
- An alcoholic Human Barbarian/Rogue who is also the chef on board. CN
- The Half-elf Witch of the ship because ships need some magic backup. CG
- An Aasimar Swashbuckler who was captain of another ship and was rescued by the party. Has a purple beard and that's it for his BG. CN iirc
- And then there is me, the guy always in full plate armor who never takes it off and clearly doesn't belong on a ship but it's there for reasons. I also have 9 in Swim while in full plate and only -2 Armor Check Penalty. CG

As you can see this is 100% coherent.

@ArgonBern asked me to notify him (And this thread) whenever a Warhammer 40K bundle might occur.
It just now has

Dark Heresy Bundle is live on Bundle of Holding.
At least, the first Edition...
Still want more? Say no more, there's a second bundle.
Not quite my style, but I know there's some vehemant God Emperor servants in here, so I figured I'd link both.

Gonna be playing in the first episode of a very short campaign of Tenra Bansho Zero tomorrow.

So far, in terms of beginner friendliness, I'd say the the JTRPG's I've played go like this:

Terna Bansho Zero > Nechronica > Tokyo Nova

Tenra's character creation is a little bit more time consuming than Nechronica's, but the battle system is also a lot simpler and lite compared to the other two IMO from what I saw in gm's tutorial. It's basically just a system of simple checks and counter checks. It does have an interesting risk/reward system in combat though, allowing you to make potentially worse and worse things happen to your character in exchange for better dice odds and effects. So it's combat is not completely outclassed in that department, even if it's not nearly as tactical.

Nechronica's character creation (and monster creation, if you're a gm) is simple and understandable to the point of being addictively fun to create stuff. The battle system is probably the most complex of the three, and you'll probably need to see at least one battle to visualize how counts work (and a bit of experience to understand all the nuances). A bit daunting but rewarding for it.

Tokyo Nova's character creation is the most complex. Part of that is because of the game's unique way of using cards in favor of dice. You'll have to wrap your head around the card checks, since they change the way almost everything works compared to other trpg's. But even beyond that, character creation is heavy. It's a very intrigue and social combat oriented game, so the web of connections and mental skills you need to work out when creating a character can be really daunting (it took me 3 days to work my sheet together, with guidance!). It's worth it though, it's a very interesting and unique take on cyberpunk (with some fantasy elements) and the system is great fun once you figure it out.

I'd still like to get a Ryuutama one shot game in sometime.

I love when there's a lawful amidst a band of chaotic chucklefucks

Yah opposites are great for chemistry. In muh Nech campaign, my character is pretty much the X to the other face's Zero. They really balance each out, it's great fun.

Last edited:
I promised myself I wouldn't gush about Nechronica any more, but last month we had a session that was an absolute testament to good roleplaying and coordination, and is easily one of the top 3 sessions I've ever had. Been meaning to talk about it~

So, went like this:

Principle characters involved in this story, for reference:
Zona, my character. Described above. Class is based around mutations.
Hilda, MemeD's character. Class is based around mutations and eating other mutants.

So, MemeD went on a trip to Japan for Comitek, and thus was absent for a few weeks. They and the DM agreed to fluff this as them sneaking off to a certain in-universe location...which we find out a few sessions later is the settings equivalent of R'yleh / Azathoth's Court. Oops.

Meanwhile MemeD and gm have been conspiring secretly.

Weeks later. Big chapter climax time: the settings equivalent of the godhand descend on the island we're stuck on. Start sinking it, psionically flay and liquefy tons of npc's, etc. lots of bloodpumping horror. The opposing gods also show up to hold them off, and the place becomes a nuclear battlefield as they roll against eachother with the powers of destruction. Then the not-godhand - in an act of sadism towards us - summon Hilda, who they captured and horrifically mutated into what can only be described as a hybrid between a centaur and an anglerfish. Player actually had a JP artist friend draw a sketch of it while he was in Japan <3!

So this is pretty heartbreaking for my character. They were like sisters, and Hilda has now gone completely insane and now is preaching the flesh gods gospel on repeat and moving to eat us. I thought quickly, and went back and retrieved some of the text we had from an earlier session in which Hilda made Zona tearfully promise to kill her if she ever went fully berserk. I rewrote, abridged, and reformatted parts of it into a dramatic flashback to that scene, right as the GM engaged the brutal pvp battle. The music he chose fit both the flashback and the battle perfectly.

Battle starts, and Hilda lands a nasty critical hit on me right off the bat. Bites off half my body. However, despite being a borderline pacifist, Zona is fucking strong regenerative and transforming mutant (I accidentally min-maxed my build, hue). I morph my hand into an organic pilebunker (think the Xenomorph tongue, but shooting out of the arm after it splits in half down the middle) and land an unblockable armor piercing blow on her mutated half, blowing most of it away.

It grows back.

But! I knew that would happen (in and out of character), and that was all I needed. The blow delayed her and pushed her back out of attacking range. I then commence slashing her mutated form apart with my long reaching razor wires as she struggles to get back into attacking range. After an epic battle (wherein she used special evil monster skills like borrowing through the earth and water to try and get at me) She's finally reduced to an impotent torso that can't move, still screaming for us to "return to the earth". Time for the finishing blow!

So, Zona - being Zona - elects to hug her instead, pleading with her not to die and to come back, and trying to tearfully reminisce about good times. The other parties (in-character) clamor that this is hopeless and Hilda will probably regenerate and kill me instead.

Commence madness / mental corruption cure check on Hilda

Pass

With Zona's hug reminding her of who she really is, Hilda passes out as her two ego's rage against eachother. The corrupted one slowly dies as Hilda's memories are able to break through and give her strength to resist the madness.

Perfect session.

Aside from that, I'm also in a Tenra Bansho Zero and Tokyo Nova game.

Second TN game I've been in, but this one is unique in that the gm is taking a very light hearted, humor oriented approach to the cyberpunk anime setting. We're basically playing a rag tag group of bumbling misfits trying to make a living in super cyberpunk megalopolis. It's cozy, cute, and fun, never knew how much I wanted this.

Also revisiting TN, the system is a lot less complex then I remembered it. Combat's pretty simple, and character creation only seems daunting if you're overthinking it.

Last edited:
Reactions: shoryusatsu999
In other news...
Warhammer 40K: Wrath and Glory, the upcoming new RPG set on everyones favorite Grimdark is still in development, and it even got a comic showing off how it'll be played.
My friend is already planning to run an Adeptus Mechanicus only Campaign, of which I will participate.
But man, I just wanna run an Ork Only Campaign...
Really hope there's tons of support for the 12 Factions.

Interesting... would love playing a Chaos Space Marine of the Sons of Malice if only he was canon again...

I promised myself I wouldn't gush about Nechronica any more, but last month we had a session that was an absolute testament to good roleplaying and coordination, and is easily one of the top 3 sessions I've ever had. Been meaning to talk about it~

So, went like this:

Principle characters involved in this story, for reference:
Zona, my character. Described above. Class is based around mutations.
Hilda, MemeD's character. Class is based around mutations and eating other mutants.

So, MemeD went on a trip to Japan for Comitek, and thus was absent for a few weeks. They and the DM agreed to fluff this as them sneaking off to a certain in-universe location...which we find out a few sessions later is the settings equivalent of R'yleh / Azathoth's Court. Oops.

Meanwhile MemeD and gm have been conspiring secretly.

Weeks later. Big chapter climax time: the settings equivalent of the godhand descend on the island we're stuck on. Start sinking it, psionically flay and liquefy tons of npc's, etc. lots of bloodpumping horror. The opposing gods also show up to hold them off, and the place becomes a nuclear battlefield as they roll against eachother with the powers of destruction. Then the not-godhand - in an act of sadism towards us - summon Hilda, who they captured and horrifically mutated into what can only be described as a hybrid between a centaur and an anglerfish. Player actually had a JP artist friend draw a sketch of it while he was in Japan <3!

So this is pretty heartbreaking for my character. They were like sisters, and Hilda has now gone completely insane and now is preaching the flesh gods gospel on repeat and moving to eat us. I thought quickly, and went back and retrieved some of the text we had from an earlier session in which Hilda made Zona tearfully promise to kill her if she ever went fully berserk. I rewrote, abridged, and reformatted parts of it into a dramatic flashback to that scene, right as the GM engaged the brutal pvp battle. The music he chose fit both the flashback and the battle perfectly.

Battle starts, and Hilda lands a nasty critical hit on me right off the bat. Bites off half my body. However, despite being a borderline pacifist, Zona is fucking strong regenerative and transforming mutant (I accidentally min-maxed my build, hue). I morph my hand into an organic pilebunker (think the Xenomorph tongue, but shooting out of the arm after it splits in half down the middle) and land an unblockable armor piercing blow on her mutated half, blowing most of it away.

It grows back.

But! I knew that would happen (in and out of character), and that was all I needed. The blow delayed her and pushed her back out of attacking range. I then commence slashing her mutated form apart with my long reaching razor wires as she struggles to get back into attacking range. After an epic battle (wherein she used special evil monster skills like borrowing through the earth and water to try and get at me) She's finally reduced to an impotent torso that can't move, still screaming for us to "return to the earth". Time for the finishing blow!

So, Zona - being Zona - elects to hug her instead, pleading with her not to die and to come back, and trying to tearfully reminisce about good times. The other parties (in-character) clamor that this is hopeless and Hilda will probably regenerate and kill me instead.

Commence madness / mental corruption cure check on Hilda

Pass

With Zona's hug reminding her of who she really is, Hilda passes out as her two ego's rage against eachother. The corrupted one slowly dies as Hilda's memories are able to break through and give her strength to resist the madness.

Perfect session.

Aside from that, I'm also in a Tenra Bansho Zero and Tokyo Nova game.

Second TN game I've been in, but this one is unique in that the gm is taking a very light hearted, humor oriented approach to the cyberpunk anime setting. We're basically playing a rag tag group of bumbling misfits trying to make a living in super cyberpunk megalopolis. It's cozy, cute, and fun, never knew how much I wanted this.

Also revisiting TN, the system is a lot less complex then I remembered it. Combat's pretty simple, and character creation only seems daunting if you're overthinking it.

i'll really try to join you one day and see how it goes. you makes it look too cool

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
i'll really try to join you one day and see how it goes. you makes it look too cool

Ha ha, thanks <3 I feel I've really stumbled into a great set of groups with creative players and gm's who share my interests and passions. With TRPG's, that's really the ultimate thing, and often the hardest part. You get out what you put in, so the more passion you put into role play the more fun and emotion you'll get out of it.

On that note! Here's an environmental description that Rak belted out for the place we're now in in Nech

GM said:

The dolls clear a hill.

It wasn't a mere ship
It wasn't even a city
Lissandra looks like a lost world.

Ahead of them, stretching all the way to the horizon is a city of magic and glass. Three moons, shattered and pulsing, two dimensional and four, float slowly in the air as they repair and re-shatter themselves, the clocks upon them whirling madly in a blur of hands. The blocks, streets and spires of the city are filled with light and sound. Organs and bone. Great curling pistons of gold and brass rise and fall while great glowing chimes sound in the air. Floating arcs of pressed light and diamond flutter like steel butterflies between pillar to post and back again. Alien lights and ominous glows ripple and race down those empty streets and up those towering spires, speeding through the haunted streets like vengeful electric ghosts.

More alarmingly though is how the sky itself towards the furthest corner of the city is a hypnotic ripple of rainbow colours. Of shifting forms and shapes unreal made real. The thump of a heartbeat carries over the dreamscape and great pulsing arteries throb, full of rushing blood and power as the veins are deeply knotted within the city itself. Most striking of all, is a great glowing orb that throbs in the sky. It stretches outwards, rippling like molten wax. An oddly human face is upon it's moon-like visage as it twists itself into an impossibly long double-helix, crooning deeply as it threads itself around the enormous spires, towers and ports of the lost city. The sky behind it, the sky that -is- it pulses white and then gold, sinking more of it's roots deeper into the lost world.

Hilda can blatantly remember that this, what is there, is part of the Sum of all Fears. An extension of the City of Forms, the hand of the Tree of Ages, creeping out from her realm and into our own. She will claim this banished land. She will snatch it out from under the Dragon who would keep it hidden and the Man who would unearth it.

Rak is a good gm.

Felt like sharing.
Golden Sky Stories is currently having a Kickstarter for it's first supplement: Twilight Tales
Which adds character types based on Yokai (Oni, Kappa, Ghost, etc), as well as some other depending on Stretch Goals.
It's basically this really cute RPG where you're a group of supernatural creatures in a small town trying to help the people who live there and make them happy
If you back at the $20 level, you get the original game, the supplemet and PDFs of every add-on/spin-off ever made for it (Which includes extra stuff, a spin-off based on Fae/Faeries, and another spin-off based on D&D Monsters)
Pretty good deal, and the current highest stretch goal adds a Magical Girl class, so that's another thing.

Last edited:
Angry Joe is two weeks away from putting his Game on Kickstarter.

I am intrigued and will be supporting it, especially because if it succeeds it will have Mortal Kombat & Dragon Ball as cross compatible spinoffs. You can finally have Ryu vs Scorpion that we really are not going to get any other way.

This weekends game was wild, going in top 5 favorite sessions now.

At the bottom of the ocean in a multidimensional mc escther city fighting one of the main antagonists (who is basically a villainous GUTS, and who has also become a biomechanical mecha knight hybrid with a giant sword made out of star fire, and is the chosen empowered warrior of a man-made eldritch god) to save the soul of a lost friend* (and the world).

Then he belts out this line:

The GM said:
"Then, I'm glad you're all here." it laughs softly as it walks backwards.

"I always knew I was going to struggle with this decision, the Sword or the Soul....but with you all here, you've made that choice for me."

The Sword and the Soul raises it's blade. "If I win, then the Banshee* dies. The Queen gets her clarity and the World will reject it's gods. We will reject the Heavens and create our own." The sword nods slowly. "...but if I lose, well...perhaps you'll all go to a good, far, far away place. One day. Together."

Metal as fuck.

Then she takes off her helmet and not only is he a she but HOLY SHIT SHE'S ME

The GM said:
The Saint snarls and grabs at the base of his head. It starts to pull...and pull. Steel shrieks, muscle and flesh split wetly. With a sudden tearing noise, the head of the Reaper comes off. The helm bounces across the ground and stops at E4's feet, leaking blood.

The Sword and the Soul, it's face is revealed. The hair is long and unkempt. The features are scarred and beaten, entirely soaked by it's own blood, yet it's visage....

"Goodbye Heaven." Zona says solemnly as she wrenches the blade out of the ground and opens up her meat-snake on her other arm.

I'm Zona.

So it turns out I'm a clone of her.

My PC, by far the most soft hearted, gentle, and spiritual party member, is a clone of the most savagely metal blood knight in the setting. All her cherished memories of her family (from when she was alive) are potentially fake, which means her parents may not be watching over her from Heaven, as she so dearly believed and hoped. Instead, those memories belong to someone else...someone who's heart has long since been broken...

Goodbye Heaven, hello

E M O T I O N A L
-
B
O
S
S - F I G H T

God, I love these games.

Last edited:
Bundle of Holding strikes with some cool hits once again
Delta Green has a bundle of pretty much all it's recent books. Delta Green isa modern day Call of Cthulhu game where you are a secret agent who eventually gets unwound by the stress of burning work and the Mythos, I have literally heard NOTHING but good things about Delta Green, give it alook
Second, there's Eclipse Phase, with another bundle. I've heard this is a pretty great sci-fi setting with Horror, if need be.
I'm sure there's more that can be sid about that.

But yeah, that's what's new in Tabletop Gaming bundles.

But there's also some other news
D&D has revealed it's annual Adventure for this year.
You'll be headed to Waterdeep and take part in a grand heist to steal some very magical artifacts. Be careful, because might be tangling with Xanathar himself!

Lastly, Geist: The Sin Eaters will be getting it's Kickstarter for 2nd Edition next week... Very exciting

Been a while since I last posted in here, woopsy.
Anyway, lotsa good deals going on right now
Drivethru RPG is hosting a 75% off sale on ALL Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, and Mage: The Ascension books. That's insane savings, especially for one book that came out THIS year. Managed to basically get 7 books for the price of one normally priced WoD Book.
Sale here
Second, Bundle of Holding is at it again with a Two Part Arthur Pendragon Bundle, if you wanna bring your players to Arthurian Times.
Regular ole' bundle with the newest edition (and a very long Campaign)
And a Bundle of older things w/ a buncha settings if you wanna do some backwork

And lastly, Bundle of Holding has a bundle of Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine, a chill system made for slice of life type RP with some weirdness and heartwarming tales to it
It also comes with Nobilis and basically all written material for it so far so.
Pretty good deal there too.

Hello all! Been a while since I last showed up here. Mostly ‘cause been busy with school and gamedev, but I’ve been playing a ton of TRPG’s within that time too!

>Rak’s Nechronica game enters it’s final chapter. Still best gm and best game I’ve been in. So many emotional and hype moments.

>Finished two TBZ oneshots. Definitely in the trinity

>Played LOTS of Tokyo Nova. Been in three campaigns (finished one, entered a third), ran a oneshot, and currently GM’ing my own campaign (been going since last summer).

My current characters include:

• A dark skinned white haired (totally not Altera, totally) mutant weapon girl herald of the new world (Nech)
  • A half-succubus office lady by day, biker by night (Tokyo Nova)
  • A mutant dragon girl mecha pilot who summons a spirit bonded magitech dragon mecha (Tokyo Nova)
  • A death elemental magical girl who is good with spirits but has poor social skills with the living (Tokyo Nova)

Lot of stories to tell! Would love to share if anyone is interested.

Also, some friends who speak Japanese in my group are also currently working on continuing Tokyo Nova's fan translation project by buying and translating the games many, many expansions.

On that note, one of the reasons I’m posting here! I’m planning on hosting another Tokyo Nova oneshot in the coming weeks, in order to spread the love for this wonderful game! If interested, or you just want to spectate, please let me know and I'll send an invite to the server! This has become one of my favorite games for sure.

Last edited:
Lot of stories to tell! Would love to share if anyone is interested.
Hey!
I recently found a group to play with so I'm super excited to hear some stories!
I've only ever played the DM's homebrew (first campaign, been going on for the past few months and wonderfully balanced and designed I think) so I'm interested in hearing some of your stories and hearing about stuff from other systems and DMs.
^-^

Been playing "the Harrowing" scenario from Pathfinder first edition. We're a Chaotic-aligned group full of fuckheads:

-a full-charisma swashbuckler that uses that one feat that allows him to add charisma to attack rolls and damage rolls. Also has charisma to AC because he has a level in scaled fist unchained monk. CG, Wisdom 8 and is obsessed with dragons
-a half-ling rogue with the creepy doll trait. CG
-a feyspeaker druid gnome who got a permanent reduce person spell, has absurd DCs for illusions spells and is obsessed with the first world. Also has a fey-touched animal companion who is annoying as fuck. CN
-an then there's me, a witch/harrower who just wants to get the fuck out of the imaginary world we're trapped in and be done with it. CN

Last session the swashbuckler wasted a day crying with a paladin npc over an armor we found because it was made out of bronze dragon scales. Then THEY FUCKING BURIED IT AND GAVE IT A FUNERAL.

But other than that I'm having fun. Also playing the Carrion Crown AP but that deserves another post entirely.

Last edited:
Hey!
I recently found a group to play with so I'm super excited to hear some stories!
^-^

Ha, sure! Any you'd like to hear in particular?

There's Rak's Nechronica game, shared a few stories above and on previous pages. But more fun things have happened. Two truly epic battles, and some of the most emotional moments I've ever had upon learning The Truth (TM). The scene wherein she confronted her past went from bittersweet to truly uplifting and heroic.

Then there was a recent Tenra Bansho Zero oneshot. I played a genki tomboy monk girl. Had a really funny gag sequence at the end of that one with the other pc's involving a flubbed Seduction roll.

And Tokyo Nova, wherein my cyberpunk manakete dragon-girl is currently preparing to pilot a god-killing magitech dragon mecha to defy causality and kill time traveling skynet that's trapped the world in an eternal loop of destruction.

Ha, sure! Any you'd like to hear in particular?

[ ... ]

And Tokyo Nova, wherein my cyberpunk manakete dragon-girl is currently preparing to pilot a god-killing magitech dragon mecha to defy causality and kill time traveling skynet that's trapped the world in an eternal loop of destruction.
ok excuse me but what
I ain't ever played any blazblue games but that's what I imagine the story to be
It sounds whack, but in an amazing way

Also interested in your Nechronica story
I remember reading about the game here through you and it's what got me interested in the first play

Setting up my acutal first game, gonna be Golden Sky Stories with at least one Monoke.
In the mean time I've just totally given up on trying to play Pathfinder and I'm just gonna resolve to steal ideas and reverse engineer them into D&D stuff.

What parts of Path are you having trouble with?

The crunch and apparently 2E doesn't get any better so fuck it, I'll just steal ideas from it.
2E apparetly being worse is just a sign that yeah I'll just recycle ideas from it

"Crunch"?
Welp it's okay. Path 1E is basically D&D 3.5

Also fuck 2E. That shit is going to be what 4E was for D&D. Just seeing the new alignments for clerics based on their deities pissed me off. Threw all my ideas for a NE inquisitor of Pharasma out the window.

Edit: for your stealing of ideas, I never tried but I think you could try converting some Society scenarios to D&D's system. Some are really good, like the ones about the Jeweled Sages. Not sure if someone tried converting entire APs to 5E but who knows, although you'd have to know some of Golarion's lore.

Last edited:
In other Tabletop news............
Chaosium is planning to continue working with the creators of the Call of Cthulhu Video Game last more to make more video games based off the Tabletop game, which is great, the devs expressed interest in covering our boy Nyarlathotep next.
The Dungeons & Dragon book for May is a collection of scenarios called "Ghosts of Saltmarsh"
Paranoia is getting its own video game as well (Tragically singleplayer)

And I'm sure you all saw Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2...

Onyx Path also kickstarted "The Contagion Chronicle", a book for having crossovers with all the Chronicles of Darkness splats trying to stop some weird shit form happening.

Update: HOLY FUCKING SHIT THEY'RE MAKING AN ALIEN RPG

Last edited:
This kickstarter is aiming to reprint the Kingmaker adventure path from Pathfinder following the success of the CRPG by Owlcat Games based on it and the campaign's 10th Anniversary coming up.

The books include a softcover compendium with the CRPG companions and how to include them into your campaign and a 5E bestiary usable to convert the whole adventure path to DnD 5E.

Not sure if I'm going to pledge, but I'd recommend this for a variety of reasons:

-Having played the CRPG, I can safely say the campaign is great. You explore the wilderness and uncover the (well-crafted) mysteries of your soon-to-be kingdom, while also building it as soon as Module 2 kicks in, coronation and all.

-The CRPG's roleplaying options for your kingdom are limited for obvious reasons, but on PnP... oh boy... the possibilities are endless given how this was originally conceived as a sandbox campaign.

-The companions from the videogame are fantastic, and a book for a PnP version of them with personal quests is an excellent idea. Jaethal's storyline, for example, as dark and brutal as it may be, is excellently written, same goes for Octavia's and Regongar's relationship dynamic and Nok-Nok messing around the Kingdom. I wonder if Kalikke and Kanerah will be included, since they were DLC.

Two out of 4 sessions into a short scenario of Dracourge!

It's another cool Japanese RPG from Incog Labs (Golden Sky Stories, Maid, Nechronica).

D2e59luVYAE3J4M.png

The basic premise is that The Sun is actually an evil hatefilled eldritch horror that wants to murder us all, and Vampires are actually good guys who wanted to save us despite being cursed by the sun. The progenitor of vampires sacrificed himself to seal the sun, and now the world exists as "The Everdark" an eternal nocturne where (sometimes) noble vampires fight amongst themselves and against the occaisional eldritch cult of the sun.

Interesting game so far! It has a heavy, heavy emphasis on social combat. Vampires here gain their sustenance through "warmth" - which can be blood but also any sense of intimacy or love. They're emotion eaters, basically. So the game is heavily focused on politicing through vampiric court, and social combat plays out as a chess board where everything from a literal stab in the heart to a kind word is a mechanical action you can perform.

It works out pretty well! Surprised how interesting the mechanics work out. Would recommend.

Also it's chuuni as fuck, every single skill name is double written in JP and German.

ok excuse me but what
I ain't ever played any blazblue games but that's what I imagine the story to be
It sounds whack, but in an amazing way

It actually did start out as a slightly Blazblue inspired campaign, as a result of one of the players discovering a Blazblue homage in the item list (“Blue Blaze” a magical prosthetic arm that gives you a suite of magic related bonuses, and fluff says it maaaaybe has a demon inside). It helps that Tokyo Nova’s lore - which involves isolated arcology” megalopolises created after post-apocalyptic shit - has some parallels with Blazblue, despite predating it.

Also since half the PC’s are also Ayakashi (including a succubus, a werewolf, etc.) it also ended up becoming a bit of a Darkstalkers campaign too.

So Blazblue x Darkstalkers basically. And then mecha got involved.

I like my character a lot tbh. The mecha piloting is fun, and I like her feisty-and-feral-yet-secretly-dorky-and-vulnerable personality~

Also interested in your Nechronica story
I remember reading about the game here through you and it's what got me interested in the first play

That campaign has been so amazing that its hard to talk about a singular awesome moment ^_^

Most notable recently was the true necromancer meeting.

Every PC was isolated and given their own seperate session vision quest, each of which was completely different.

Mine was taken on a journey through a metaphysical maze where she encountered echoes of her past (her parents, the hospital where she died young), different versions of herself (a child self, and a potential future goddess self), and finally showed her resolve to the king of all ruin.

Session was a fun story in itself with a lot going on, would be storytime just to recount it!

It's been a long ass time.

I know these forums are kinda dead, but on the off chance any of the old crowd still checks in, wanted to drop in and say that the Nechronica campaign I was in finally finished!

It's been 4 long years, and the best gaming experience I've ever had thanks to an incredible storyteller of a GM.

I made lots of great hopefully lifelong friends along the way, got introduced to many other great games, and ended up helping to weave the kind of story I always wanted to play through ever since I first played Final Fantasy as a kid.

Since I'm big into gamedev, currently working with the artist for my game to do a little character design project for my character in the game. WIP sketch:

seBwZgs.png

Still just trying to nail the hair style and face/eye design down. Not shown: hidden third eye under hair and mermaid head-fins.

I'm hoping to one day adapt the story into a game. I'd love to share it with everyone I can.

I've also had a lot of other great tabletop experiences. Finished a 2 year Tokyo Nova campaign, had tons of great oneshots with friends. We've had so much fun together and I've made so many friends and bonded with them over these games.

If you have the time and you're interested, I encourage anyone who's interested in these games to jump in. They're a great way to spend an afternoon, have fun with friends, make friends, and create something magical together.

Reactions: Fumako