• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Terraria thread

TheGoggledGamer

Water and Metal
Reaction score
Steam
TheGoggledGamer
Peacock Big Band Fukua
With the terraria tread dead as the old skullheart away I thought I might as well start up this tread again :)
From were we left off from the previous thread we were talking about the chance that someone mayhaps create a server for all of us to play on, but no one was actually will do so (understandable considering its a pain in the ass to host a server [and no I cannot do it as I don't have the reliability and resources to do so]). But I'm glad that there will be huge amount of content coming our way (if I remember correctly there will me 700+ items and more bosses to shake a dirt rod at). Its gonna be a great time :)

Last edited:
I'm surprised Terraria is still getting content, I thought the devs were working on Starbound?

I'm surprised Terraria is still getting content, I thought the devs were working on Starbound?
I believe they worked on Terraria 1.2 as bit of a side project to Starbound as the people who didn't go to work on Starbound treated like they were working on 1.2 like a new game [speculation]
Also cant wait for trex/raptor familiar/pet

Reactions: 80% Lean
Steam says I put 100 hours into Terraria. I enjoyed it immensely, though with all the other games out, I don't know if I'll have much time for 1.2.

I'll exhaust 1.2 with my friends through hamachi then put it down again. I enjoy the game quite a bit, it's going to be fun.

I believe they worked on Terraria 1.2 as bit of a side project to Starbound as the people who didn't go to work on Starbound treated like they were working on 1.2 like a new game [speculation]
Also cant wait for trex/raptor familiar/pet
Starbound is the brainchild of Tiyuri, who was the lead pixel artist for Terraria, but is no longer involved with the game.

Terraria is led by Redigit, the guy who made Super Mario Brothers X. Someone new besides Tiyuri is drawing the assets for 1.2; the games don't have any devs common.

Edit:
I'll exhaust 1.2 with my friends through hamachi then put it down again. I enjoy the game quite a bit, it's going to be fun.

I know you probably hear this a lot, but opening ports is SO much better than Hamachi. Reduces game lag, and allows you to do other cool stuff like Teamspeak. Feel free to PM me if you want help with port forwarding.

Just something to help get hype :)

I know you probably hear this a lot, but opening ports is SO much better than Hamachi. Reduces game lag, and allows you to do other cool stuff like Teamspeak. Feel free to PM me if you want help with port forwarding.

We use hamachi for the fake LAN, I can't port forward because I can't get my router information in my dorm. And me and my friends already have a ventrilo server. The lag doesn't affect us in any meaningful way.

I can't port forward because I can't get my router information in my dorm.
Ah, a good reason to use Hamachi! Didn't know there was such a thing. lol

Man, I'm so pumped for 1.2. I played the hell out of this game back then and already loved it then, but man, when the 1.1 update came out... my god. Great times getting everyone together with Minisharks to fight the Wall of Flesh for the first time, messing with wiring, farming mimics, throwing holy water EVERYWHERE, THIS SONG, Skeletron Prime, and Blood Moons in hard mode? Man, that was such an amazing update.

People exploring 1.2 and it's bizarre and I like it :P

How many people are going to take on 1.2 fresh, and if not what items are you gonna bring.
Personally I'm gonna bring the Moon trinket, flipper, Magic dagger, an emblem, and my Robo hat/ Archaeologist shirt.

I think I would want to do a fresh start. Makes things a bit more fun for me having something to really look forward to after playing through all the past content again.

Terraria updated to 1.2 not to long ago and already it's a blast.

Legit spoiler of a new bio (no pics)
GAH THE FUCKING SPIDER BIOME IS FUCKIN RIGHT NEXT TO MY NEW HOME ;_; IT'S LIKE ALL FLESHY AND THERE SEEMS TO BE NEW "DEMON" SPIDER ALTERS AND AND IT'S RIGHT ON TOP OF AN NICE AND FREINDLY SNOW BIOME TO

The Water Fall of Content!

If my laptop was more reliable (it hasn't crashed during Terraria in awhile but still cautious), I wouldn't mind trying multiplayer with you guys.

EDIT: Oh whoa, my old world got updated too. Wasn't expecting that. May start a new guy again but leave some things my old new guy got.

Last edited:
The Water Fall of Content!

If my laptop was more reliable (it hasn't crashed during Terraria in awhile but still cautious), I wouldn't mind trying multiplayer with you guys.
I'm playing on my laptop right now and before the update it was mostly fine (the lighting would bug out everynow and again but it stopped that for a long while now) and now it's still running just fine if not better (and I've been exploring in different terrain and with some of my more intensive weapons [on my older world] and everything checks out)

I'm playing on a laptop too. Now that I think about it, Terraria crashed when I still had Portal on here (which would crash on me if I played too long/too much crap was happening on screen) and after I uninstalled it it hasn't crashed since. Coincidence maybe? I still don't trust myself to be host just in case.

Also, I just tried using my Meteor Hamaxe to get a statue and an empty gold chest and I'm only hitting the walls in the background. The heck? Do I need to use something else now to retrieve such items?

Also, I just tried using my Meteor Hamaxe to get a statue and an empty gold chest and I'm only hitting the walls in the background. The heck? Do I need to use something else now to retrieve such items?
Stuff is now pickup by pickaxe, hammer for walls, and axes for wood

also like an hour into the game and already I can do strider like stuff this is gonna be good

If anyone does decide to create a server please share with the rest of the class (and if not tell us a server we can crash >:3).

Just a warning Skelitron Prime can now spawn in older worlds (or maybe just hard mode in general) when ever he wants so be careful when visiting older worlds.

There's a new Blood "moon" in hard mode
It's called Solar Eclipse which causes B-list monsters (Vampire, Swamp monster, Frankenstein, and even a Terraria original mini boss) and you get hard mode drops from this, too. From my encounter I got a mechanical worm and a new item the Broken Hero Sword (not a weapon).

Reactions: Jutsei
There's a new Blood "moon" in hard mode
It's called Solar Eclipse which causes B-list monsters (Vampire, Swamp monster, Frankenstein, and even a Terraria original mini boss) and you get hard mode drops from this, too. From my encounter I got a mechanical worm and a new item the Broken Hero Sword (not a weapon).
That is fucking incredible

Reactions: TheGoggledGamer
I AM A CRAVEN COWARD OF A GAMER
I can't stand giant bugs when I'm alone;_; (I'm fine with, like, tarantulas but GIANT BUGS NO NOWAY) So I'm, admittedly having a little trouble starting and instead spending more time in my spiderless world rather than the world in which I'm literally surrounded by bugs ;_;

Oh.
They added a bug biome.
Lovely.

I maen I'm more or less over my spider phobia. I mean I still hate them and they make me flinch sometimes (TARANTULAS SHOULD NOT BE THAT FUCKING BIG AND HAIRY), but that's still a tough pill to swallow.
I mean it could be worse.
You could be like Maximilian, who has a phobia of spiders because he was nearly killed by a black widow once

Reactions: TheGoggledGamer
That actually kinda makes me want to get a server set up so we can conquer this new and exciting/scary world together... but besides the fact that I shouldn't be the one setting up the server (I don't even know how and the one thing I looked at for it looked overly complicated) and I also forgot about schedule conflicts. I'd pretty much be restricted to around night time in my area (PST/West coast) due to work.

I also heard about the Crimson.
Which apparently is like The Corruption, but worse?
Hard to say I've been to afraid to get near it without adequate equipment, but yes exactly like the corruption, expect more ground enemies

That actually kinda makes me want to get a server set up so we can conquer this new and exciting/scary world together... but besides the fact that I shouldn't be the one setting up the server (I don't even know how and the one thing I looked at for it looked overly complicated) and I also forgot about schedule conflicts. I'd pretty much be restricted to around night time in my area (PST/West coast) due to work.
I, too, wish I could host a server, but atlas I don't have a stable computer that stays on for more that 2hrs at a time, that I can use. (My laptop internet goes off every 2hrs because I tend to have to get up and do stuff around the house or whatever and the good computer is generally always in use by untrustworthy people)

More tales of hard mode
First off if you have gone to the sea you should you can get (3?) dyes there Black, Purple, and Lime(?). Also you my want to grind on the sea life for awhile you may find something "nice"
The Solar Eclipses weilds more items - new at 11
Broken bat wing
Death Sickle

Also harpies drop large harpie feathers which can make harpy wings
And there's a new cannon that put's the star cannon to shame
And bosses drop Hallow ingots to build hallow armor and if you beat them enough you get a trophy to hang on the walls
However you can't get to the harder stuff in hard mode in old worlds so I guess I actually have to continue in my new character in the new world

More tales of hard mode
First off if you have gone to the sea you should you can get (3?) dyes there Black, Purple, and Lime(?). Also you my want to grind on the sea life for awhile you may find something "nice"
The Solar Eclipses weilds more items - new at 11
Broken bat wing
Death Sickle

Also harpies drop large harpie feathers which can make harpy wings
And there's a new cannon that put's the star cannon to shame
And bosses drop Hallow ingots to build hallow armor and if you beat them enough you get a trophy to hang on the walls
However you can't get to the harder stuff in hard mode in old worlds so I guess I actually have to continue in my new character in the new world
Don't be a coward, make a new character like me!
Everything leading up to hard mode will be a grind if you have the best equipment in the game.

So far my new playthrough has been good, I remembered why I hated playing a medium core character and switched to soft my first playthrough and did that exact same thing again (This game will just kill you randomly sometimes if you aren't checking your HP every 5 seconds like a paranoid maniac, and even then there are super cheap deaths like falling down a pit before you get the grappling hook or any other mobility equipment, and the worst part is that most of your equipment is super hard to replace, if you can replace it at all in some circumstances, so you end up having to grind for hours to get to where you were simply because of one mistake... It just messes with meaningful play instead of generating any. I think Softcore is still too little of a penalty, since I often find myself dying and realizing it's not even near worth it to go back and get my stuff, but a small penalty is much better than one that's stupidly big. Anyway, rant over.
Minor spoilers for new stuff:
I'm sad I didn't get the crimson in my world. There's supposed to be a new boss and everything.
My first playthrough I just did the convenient/efficient thing, and threw together a big house for everyone to live in, but making a small village is... so much cooler, to say the least. When you make their houses individually and choose their room mates and stuff, you actually kind of care about them a little bit. Of course you still don't care about their deaths, the goblin invasions and blood moons and all that defense stuff would be so much better if NPC's had some significant differences in appearance instead of just a different name, and spawned a grave when they died, instead of just coming back from the dead like nothing happened.
I got the party girl to move in, reading the wiki makes it seem like she's super rare so I'm pretty happy with that.
I found the boomstick, and I really wish it was better. What kind of shotgun shoots 3 bullets?
I thought they were buffing Starfury? Why does it suck now? This was my favorite pre-hardmode weapon, but now it only shoots 1 star. It's useless. No, really, I'm dumbfounded- where are the other 2 stars?

So I guess Terraria 2 is happening?

And in my new world I'm going to try and make my little spawn area look like something more than a giant box full of smaller boxes. Maybe use tunnels that lead to different NPC houses.

Well 1.2 was kind of a let down, I enjoyed playing it but I maybe got 10 more hours out of the game. The problem is that the end game has become a grind where the best drop rate is 1% and the worst is .025%. It doesn't help that the game becomes a complete joke after you get Spectre armor and magnet orb. Then once you get leaf blower or the heat ray you can pretty much afk kill every boss and heal yorself faster than they can damage you. After that I have no incentive to get the rarer suff when there will be no benefit. Nerf magic pls. In terms of real content they added very little. Most of it is just grinding.

I found this thing called an Extractinator and man... I really love this thing! Turn slush/silt into something useful like ore and money? Hell yeah!

Was digging underground in the snow biome and found a large cave filled with spiders everywhere.

Nope.png

Also found the Crimson west of my spawn, though it took a little while to get there. After encountering the local wildlife, see above picture. Not getting anywhere near either place until I get better junk.

Got it during the sale.

Not a single clue as to wtf is going on.

So apparently this game kept updating while I wasn't looking . . . like newest update was like 2 months ago . . .
From skimming the update notes things added are
New Bosses: Ice Queen, Duke Fishron, Santa-NK1, and Everscream (ok Santa and Everscream are old but last I played was near Halloween :P)
New NPC's: Stylist and Angular
Stuff To-Do: Bug and fish catching
Quests: from the Angular
Items: Fish Swords, items made from Fish, Fishington Fish-Fish, FISH Mounts and Minecarts, Molov's, Fireworks, and new armor including Beetle Armor and new Suminor Armor
Music: UnderGround Crimson
And more stuff to make the game more atmospheric and less fiddly (like quick heal uses best potion not first potion, and ore stacks higher)
TerrariaJoe.jpg

I felt like I needed a picture so instead of something relevant here's something awesome.

Reactions: Solblade44
I've done many things in Terraria, but I have not done any of the seasonal events. I really should get around to that this year.