• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Big Bando Husbando Combo Threadando

c.lk, c.mk, s.hk, call assist, M brass,
c.mk, s.hk, M brass,
otg c.mpx2, s.hk, H beat extend,
c.lk, s.mk,
j.lp, j.lk, j.mkx2,
c.lpx2, s.lk, c.mpx2, s.hk, H A-train, SSJ.

also works heavies, but the c.mk link gets harder and still breaks 10k without the second j.mk.

Reactions: Dime

c.lk, c.mk, s.hk, call assist, M brass,
c.mk, s.hk, M brass,
otg c.mpx2, s.hk, H beat extend,
c.lk, s.mk,
j.lp, j.lk, j.mkx2,
c.lpx2, s.lk, c.mpx2, s.hk, H A-train, SSJ.

also works heavies, but the c.mk link gets harder and still breaks 10k without the second j.mk.
This starter also works well with napalm pillar, updo, and probably some other other things, maybe lock 'n' load
You can preserve otg by skipping the second chain and go for a sliding knockdown or cymbal burst bait, at the expense of guaranteed damage of course.

pretty sure this is gonna be my airthrow BnB for the next while. does about 5.3K for 1 bar.

you can get to 5.5K if you just do L beat extend mash after the cerecopter has finished but this looks waaaaay cooler. probably can get some better resets from this one too.

c.LK c.MK s.HP
j.MP j.HP delay j.HK
tech forward
OTG c.HK xx H Beat Extend,
j.LK j.MK
s.MK
j.LP j.LK j.MK
c.LPx2 c.MK s.HK xx H Take the A-Train xx Super Sonic Jazz

Hey guys, so I've been working on this midscreen bnb from Mcpeanuts' thread and struggling with the timing on these two bolded/underlined moves. The s.MK gets blocked a lot of the time and I'm not sure why. And even when I do get that one, the j.LP is way off from where I need it to be(is this j.LP instant?). Any tips?

c.LK c.MK s.HP
j.MP j.HP delay j.HK
tech forward
OTG c.HK xx H Beat Extend,
j.LK j.MK
s.MK
j.LP
j.LK j.MK
c.LPx2 c.MK s.HK xx H Take the A-Train xx Super Sonic Jazz

Hey guys, so I've been working on this midscreen bnb from Mcpeanuts' thread and struggling with the timing on these two bolded/underlined moves. The s.MK gets blocked a lot of the time and I'm not sure why. And even when I do get that one, the j.LP is way off from where I need it to be(is this j.LP instant?). Any tips?

j.LK has way more hitstun than you think it does, delay j.LK j.MK a lot more. The link isn't tight at all if you know the timing for the jump series before it. The j.LP after j.MK is also instant, yes.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I've never been able to combo off a jHK. Tech forward means... move or walk? I'll try it in training this weekend.

I've never been able to combo off a jHK. Tech forward means... move or walk? I'll try it in training this weekend.
j.HK puts Big Band into a knockdown state when he lands. When you're knocked down you can ground tech by pressing a direction and a button. You can choose to tech either forward or backward. Choose forward, because that's the direction that lets you do a combo.

j.HK puts Big Band into a knockdown state when he lands. When you're knocked down you can ground tech by pressing a direction and a button. You can choose to tech either forward or backward. Choose forward, because that's the direction that lets you do a combo.

Oh, that's what it is. I use it a lot when I get knocked down, especially in the corner. Thanks!

Found a really fun, character specific corner combo using s. HK and Emergency Break. It works on both Peacock and Valentine. Big Band seems to be too big to catch before he hits the ground to save OTG, Cerebella is too heavy to get most of the links to work so you have to cut the combo pretty much in half, and everybody else just flies right over your head on the first Emergency Break. I'm trying to find a setup that'll make it work, but I haven't found one so far.

s. LP > s. MK > s. HK > Emergency Break
c. MK > s. HK > Emergency Break
c. LP > c. MK > s. HK > Emergency Break
c. LK > c. MK > s. HK > Emergency Break
c. MP x2 > s. HK > Emergency Break
OTG s. HP > Beat Extend (H) + Shake
Take The A-Train (M) > Super Sonic Jazz

Does 7.9k damage for 1 meter, or 9.2k if you have taunt.

Idk if this is old or not but here's something I saw today
Get that day one stuff outa here!

Reactions: dekillsage
what's the best corner combo he has now? it's very unsatisfying that the bnb leaves all that undizzy...

my "good" combo does 9.4k but it's a bit hard on lights:

Here's my best optimization of the corner bnb as listed in McPeanuts' combo compendium thing

Only the final chain needs character-specific timing (Does not work at all against Squigly, maybe others). I usually replace the final ground chain with c.mp > s.hk > hk a-train ( > ssj) which makes the whole thing universal.

j.MK(x2) is actually Big Band's best normal in terms of damage-to-undizzy ratio at max scaling, so why go for one when doing two isn't significantly trickier? Three is probably doable as well if you can be bothered to learn the timing on different characters.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Man I haven't used bigband in a while but I found that more often than not, ending my combos with j.HK > air super did more damage than SSJ and didn't send the opponent flying out of the corner as well.

I'll try to remember what I used exactly.

EDIT: Actually, I might be thinking with an assist.

Last edited:
Is Painwheel and Big Band synergy a wheel big topic now? I'll throw in my piece.

I've been playing this team for about a month now actually waiting for Eliza to come out, it's pretty fun.

Man I haven't used bigband in a while but I found that more often than not, ending my combos with j.HK > air super did more damage than SSJ and didn't send the opponent flying out of the corner as well.

I'll try to remember what I used exactly.

EDIT: Actually, I might be thinking with an assist.
Tympany drive always does more damage than ssj at full scaling, but the damage difference is usually pretty closely offset by getting to use hk a-train if you end with a ground chain.

im definitely favouring using tympani as an ender for combos mainly so you can keep the opp in the corner.

also goddamn that painband synergy is just too damn good i may have to put real time into Pwheel now too lol.

Where did this belief that Timpani ender keeps them in the corner come from?

They're just gonna tech forward.

Just want to suggest that at least having a link in the first post to the beginning of the currently relevant section would be useful.

Also wow, that PW tag.

... so... I should keep using my silly s.MK s.HK (delay) M Brass Knuckles xx Super Sonic Jazz ender instead of learning something new?

Also wow, that PW tag.

I feel the need to mention that pulling it off feels frame perfect, and it's only doable on Double and BB.

I feel the need to mention that pulling it off feels frame perfect, and it's only doable on Double and BB.
Well yeah, it is frame perfect because you have to reversal the tag after the SSJ so he doesn't turn around. That doesn't make it less neat.

Just want to suggest that at least having a link in the first post to the beginning of the currently relevant section would be useful.

Also wow, that PW tag.
I'd bug Icky about it but I haven't actually seen him on Steam in weeks and he doesn't go to our locals anymore.

not if you dont push them all the way into the corner with it. plus for certain matchups you dont want the opp to be a fullscreen again after SSJ. tympani does more damage too.

Also, Tympani keeps them in the corner if it kills them. The next character will come in from the corner rather than midscreen.

Reactions: Flotilla
Is Painwheel and Big Band synergy a wheel big topic now? I'll throw in my piece.

I've been playing this team for about a month now actually waiting for Eliza to come out, it's pretty fun.

Ahhhhhhh I'm losing it over this combo

I added Caio's corner combo to the compendium. I still have my old one in there now listed as an "intermediate" corner combo. I haven't tested Caio's combo myself but I am assured it works on everyone (although it's apparently hard on lights) and he's the King of Brazil so who am I to second guess him.

I also added in a combo starting from Beat Extend. I am... mostly sure this works? I'm going from memory, I may have screwed up and put something in that triggers undizzy. I'll try to double check that when I have the game in front of me. It's definitely more damage to not shake when the combo starts with Beat Extend, for scaling reasons (I will never, ever remember this in tournament).

and he's the King of Brazil so who am I to second guess him.

The King of optimized stuff and farofa, if you're asking about those he's pretty much the guy to go. All hail Caio!
m(_ _)m We're not worth it!

Reactions: CaioLugon
I demand my skullheart banner now <3

But yeah, thanks for adding the combo peanuts, it's really not AS practical on lights but I confirmed it can be done on everyone.

Reactions: Mwisk and mcpeanuts
What's the combo that you do when they're not quite in the corner but they're too close to convert off a j.hk?

another attempt at optimization

same combo done 3 times(kinda)
(j.lk at the end is a better burst bait)

like why would you ever not do this

Thanks, found my new corner BnB. Simple, effective, reliable.