• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Dream Thread

EvaXephon

Video Game Streamer / Unpublished Indie Game Dev
Reaction score
Website
www.evaxephon.com
Steam
EvaXephon
PSN
EvaXephon
XBL
EvaXephon
Cerebella Double
Have you ever had a really interesting or really weird dream that you'd love to share with others ? Talk about your interesting dreams here!

Here's one that I had two nights ago. A really weird, really vivid dream that felt like I was watching a Tim Burton film that took place in the late 1800s. It felt like I was watching events unfold for some weird characters I dreamt up, rather than starring in the dream as the "main character". It's long, so I put it in quote tags.

In this dream, there was a depressed goth-looking man named Edward Forgotten and a beautiful goth-looking girl named Sally Remembered. The Forgotten family and the Remembered family had been feuding for many years - feuding so badly that they sometimes murdered one another. The two families had hated each other for so long that neither family actually remembered who or what had originally started the conflict, but they still hated one another passionately.

It was forbidden for anyone in either family to socialize with members of the other family - but Edward and Sally went even further than that, and fell in love with one another. The two of them knew that their families would never approve of their love, and so they eloped elsewhere in the country, got married, and began their new lives together under the new surname of "Amnesia".

Edward was very well-educated and enjoyed being around children, so he became an elementary school teacher. He had a very troubling girl in one of his classes - a morbid girl who was always talking about blood, death, and sexual things, despite being far too young to know anything about the subject (especially in a setting with no Internet). The obvious conclusion was that her parents were abusing her, but she lived with the kindest lady in town, who had adopted her. Nobody suspected her adoptive mother of child abuse, but Edward wasn't convinced.

Edward told the morbid girl's mother that her grades were suffering and that he wanted to begin tutoring her, and the mother agreed. When Edward was alone with the girl in her home, a bunch of weird paranormal things started happening - ghostly apparitions, strange noises, the girl appearing and disappearing whenever Edward looked away...and then, he saw the strangest thing of all - while looking out of a window in the morbid girl's house, he saw his wife Sally - and then he saw the morbid girl put a noose around her neck and drag her away.

Edward wasn't sure if he was hallucinating or seeing something real. He freaked out and tried to leave the house, and ran into the morbid girl's adoptive mother along the way.

"Mr. Amnesia, where are you off to in such a hurry?" She asked.

"I can't stay here. I have a bad feeling about my wife. I have to go make sure she's okay!"

He bolted past the woman and got to the entrance of the house. He pulled the door open, and standing there in front of the door was the morbid little girl.

"Leaving so soon?" She asked. "Have a pleasant evening, Mr. Forgotten."

Edward walked past her, and then froze in place. He slowly turned around.

"...How did you know that name? How do you know the name Forgotten?"

The girl smiled. "It's my last name, after all."

It turned out that the little girl was raped and killed a hundred years ago by a man from the Remembered family, which triggered the feud between the two clans. Unable to pass on peacefully, she remained in the world as a ghost who carried on a "life" as a never-aging orphan that was obsessed with blood, death, and sex. Every now and then, a well-meaning family would adopt her, only to discover how twisted she was, and put her up for adoption again. She had never forgiven the Remembered family, and was set on killing Edward's wife Sally for revenge. Until the girl took Sally's life, she would never be able to pass on peacefully.

...and that's where the dream ended. My alarm clock went off. So many good dreams have ended that way, JUST when they were getting good...

Posting from my phone here, so gonna cut mine short. Might edit later.

Basically, I was some indie game dev, and I'd just gotten my first game published. It was some typical fantasy RPG fare, nothing particularly special.

Then I kinda flashed forward some time, and three more games in the series had been released. Buuuut the sequels were all... different. The games has gotten incredibly surreal - sorta David Lynch, Eraserhead-esque. These vivid , grey images of the games flashed one after the other. Pretty fun, honestly.

I'll post more when not pressed for time.

Reactions: EvaXephon
There's this short one I had early last year that stuck with me.

Somehow, I had managed to build a time machine. A high-tech, capsule-shaped time machine.

With it, I decided to travel five years into the past. When I came out of the machine, I was still in my house, as it was in 2008. I took a couple of steps forward, when suddenly my dog, Bailey, a Shetland Sheepdog, walked up to me. His ears were lowered, he was wagging his tail, he was so happy to see me. So I crouched down and began petting him.

And then I said, "Hey Bailey...

...I missed you."

i dreamed people played skullgirls

This thread probably has the least replies / views on Skullheart, but gosh darn it, I had another interesting dream and I'm going to post about it.

I had a dream about two gentlemen who were trying to stop the apocalypse.

This dream had a very Lovecraftian vibe. It took place in Victorian times. The two gentlemen (I call them that because they looked very refined and wore top hats and monocles, etc) were professors of archaeology. While researching several different ancient civilizations, they began to notice eerie similarities in the writings of humans that lived thousands of miles apart from each other.

Several civilizations, around the same point in ancient history, wrote of encountering a godlike being and receiving prophecies from him about a coming apocalypse. All of the civilizations that wrote about this god seemingly vanished into thin air around the same point in time.

It was clear that something supernatural was going on involving this elder god, but the two professors couldn't figure it out, so they began to travel the world, visiting the places where these ancient civilizations lived, and investigating the ruins for more clues.

The professors encountered lots of deadly traps when investigating the ancient ruins of these dead civilizations. To avoid danger, they found children living in nearby villages and convinced these kids to help them explore the ancient ruins. The kids often got killed by ancient traps, but by letting these kids do the dangerous part of the job, the two professors were able to learn a lot about what was going to cause the apocalypse.

The apocalypse was going to occur once several ancient artifacts were gathered into one spot, and a ritual was performed. In order to prevent this from ever happening, the two professors started hunting down these ancient artifacts, with the intention of hiding them away and keeping them safe from anyone who might try to start the apocalypse with them. For decades, they traveled the world, exploring ruins, discovering new clues, and gathering these ancient artifacts, sending lots of children to their deaths along the way.

In this dream, I was one of those children. I was a little girl who was like a super-young Lara Croft. I was much more adept at navigating ancient ruins and avoiding traps than any of the other kids. I had survived several ancient ruins, and the two professors found me so useful that they had actually adopted me as their daughter (or become my "legal guardians" or whatever) and took me all around the world with them, and even told me all about the elder god and the coming apocalypse.

After collecting the last artifact for them, I learned something shocking - they were actually collecting these artifacts for the purpose of STARTING the apocalypse! They had no intention of keeping the world safe from the elder god; they wanted to summon him and end the world!

And so, I had to kill them. But because they were both extremely clever men, I had to devise a crafty and cunning way of outwitting them and tricking them into killing themselves. This had something to do with luring them into a swimming pool and outsmarting them to make them electrocute themselves. It worked, but my dream ended as soon as they both died.

I'd totally play a video game based on this dream...Victorian Tomb Raider as a little girl, with Lovecraftian horror and elder gods.

I once had a dream involving a demon-thing, a wrestling event, people being impaled to the ceiling of the building they were in (possibly for some bloody sacrificial thing), and Skullgirls characters showing up at the very end in an attemppt to rescue the victims. Pretty sure I've already shared that dream, though, seeing as I know I'd posted about it at the Wulf Den before the Great Crash consumed everything.

One time I fought Freddy Krueger in a dream. No bullshit.

We were in an abandoned warehouse and I defeated him by kicking him in the crotch. Then some cops showed up and were all "What happened here," and I said to them, "Man, I dropped this mofo." I woke up immediately afterwards.

The best bit is, in the dream I was all "Oh hey, it's Freddy, cool," and then when I woke up I was like "HOLY SHIT FREDDY KRUEGER JUST TRIED TO KILL ME"

Defeating Freddy Krueger in a dream is quite an accomplishment. :D

I once had a dream that was very similar to a Steven Speilberg film. I don't mean any one in particular; it just had a Spielberg vibe.

I was a little boy who discovered an alien artifact of immense power. I knew that if it fell into the wrong hands, it could take millions of lives, start wars, or allow a government to instate a global hegemony over the world. A shadowy organization was hunting me down because I had the artifact, and I had to run from them.

The dream kept cutting back and forth between me hiding from the organization, and scenes taking place in the organization's HQ. In these scenes, it was revealed that the organization was affiliated with no government, and was actually an independent organization created with the purpose of finding powerful alien artifacts and keeping them away from Earth's governments so that they could never be used for evil.

But, when the dream cut back to me running from the government, I had no knowledge whatsoever of the organization's true purpose, so I kept running from them. I, the "viewer" knew the secret, but I, the "protagonist" of the dream, still had to play the role of the kid running away from a shadowy organization.

Many of my dreams play out like a movie, in third-person, and have a "plot twist" of some kind. Little girl was a ghost all along, the professors were trying to start the apocalypse all along, the shadowy organization was made of good guys all along...