• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Foxhole

Denizen

Retired Member
Reaction score
180px-FOXHOUND_Logo.png

MILITARY PERSONNEL ONLY (Just Kidding)
So I recently told my parents that I plan on joining the military after I graduate from college. They were very supportive of my decision and they weren't dramatic about it at all, the whole talk lasted about 3 minutes. I made this decision only recently so I'm new to the experience and unsure about my future.
All I know for sure is that I want to be a soldier. In light of this, I thought it would be a good idea for this forum to have a thread dedicated to the armed forces across the world.

I have two brothers who want to join. One of them no so much anymore, but the other is still enthusiastic (he's 16 atm). I'd say the most important thing to decide before devoting your life is why you're doing it. Some people do it because it's in their blood, some because they're forced into it by a father or mother, some don't have anywhere to turn, some need the discipline, some want to serve their country while others just want to hold a gun. Like with anything else in life that's this serious a decision, be absolutely sure what your reasons are and why before going in, would be my advice.

@Zidiane thanks for the advice but I'm already 99% sure about my decision to enlist, as well as my reasons for it.

Now that we have that out of the way, are there any users on this forum that will serve, are serving, or have served in the military? I have a feeling that this thread will be pretty quiet...

I've seen that last 1% come back to haunt some people. Either way, wish you luck, I know it wont be easy.

The decision itself is not going to haunt me, I only said 99% because I'm very cautious about declaring certainty.
I guess for everyone's sake I'll say it this time. I am 100% certain about my decision and my reasons for it.

Please, the last thing I need right now is for people to doubt me, thank you for wishing me luck though.

Ah, the military. I've got a friend that wants to go into the navy, but it's certainly not for me. I am a spindly, lanky young man whose only feat of physical fitness is being able to run away really damn fast. I lack the physical strength, discipline, and desire to be in the military—I'd rather stay at home and make video games.

That being said, I wholeheartedly support those more courageous than I. After all, you're out there so I don't have to be.

...Sorry, I know I don't really have much to contribute to the topic at hand.

What branch are you intending on joining? I personally look forward to my self being in Uniform

Reactions: Denizen
Well like I said I'm new to this so I'm not totally decided on what branch to join.
I know I don't want to join the Navy or the Air Force, so I'm leaning towards the Army right now. It's nice to know that I'm not alone here.

@CHAOS_FANTAZY you have nothing to be ashamed of. We all have our part to play in society and if you want your part to be used making video games then I strongly support that decision, I love video games after all.
All you need in order to contribute here is your voice, so don't worry.

Reactions: Arcana
any idea what your aspirations might be when you finally join?

My aspirations huh?
Hmm, I guess I just want to do my best as a soldier.
I'm just going to go with the flow for now, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Hell, i might go into the marines, for some reason my family has fought in a lot of wars.
for example

Marine Gunnery Sgt. Gilbert Villa, Korea 1950-53, one of the chosin reservoir survivors, AKA "The Chosin Few" , still alive at age 83.
Army Sgt. Carlos Ramirez, fought in 'Nam, lived through Tan Son Nhut Air Base assault and Tet Offensive, died last year from Cirrosis

John Ramirez, my dad, fought in the invasion of panama in the Air Force.

some other i dont know the names of since they died in the civil war in El Salvador, couple in the army, some in the rebels.

My ancestors are lost to history so as far as I know I'll be the first soldier in my family.

well dude good luck, im still deciding what i should do, but Army or Marines is high up there.

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...
My rifle and I know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...
My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy.- USMC Rifleman's Creed

Sorry, i had to do it, my grandpa Gilbert made me recite when i was little, so its stuck in my head right now

I've made my decision, I'm joining the Marines and I'm enrolling in OCS after I receive my bachelor's degree.

Reactions: Arcana