• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Generically Named Thread Where We Come Up With Ways To Help Skullgirls

85861636092934ec58f64f0f6ff45704.gif

I wonder if it is a good marketing ploy to mention the curator list sg has been added on in steam some are notable. but wouldnt know where to use that info at this point.

People also go to tournaments for the casual experience. Lots of people attend just to meet and talk to people and play a few games. The time spent in actual tournament is far smaller than the time spent socially. Your excuse is lame.
Also SG dinners. They're kinda a thing.

Reactions: Shin ATproof
SG dinners are totally a thing. That night at Hash House last year at Evo was boss and totally looking forward to some pizza at Rebel Up this Saturday. Also @render when's the next shindig at your pad, bro? I got drinks to mix and slutty brownies to bring!

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
SG dinners are totally a thing. That night at Hash House last year at Evo was boss and totally looking forward to some pizza at Rebel Up this Saturday. Also @render when's the next shindig at your pad, bro? I got drinks to mix and slutty brownies to bring!
Dear Shin ATproof,
Please think of the East Coast players and send me drinks, the anecdotes about those drinks, and slutty brownies.
Sincerely,
That other East Coast Solobella

Render said in passing that if fans raised money on their own to get a certain character in the game (or if just some rich guy) they would kinda sorta be obligated to make the character. But that he hopes no one gets the idea for that. I may have also been high.

Render said in passing that if fans raised money on their own to get a certain character in the game (or if just some rich guy) they would kinda sorta be obligated to make the character. But that he hopes no one gets the idea for that. I may have also been high.

I may have been drunk.

In all seriousness, though, I think that would be a little tricky. What happens if people give us a bunch of money to make a character, and then some of those people end up not liking the way the character turned out? I somehow doubt people would pony up the full amount to make a character and then give it to Lab Zero with no strings attached whatsoever.

And if that were to ever happen, I'll bet my vital organs that people wouldn't be able to settle on one single character they wanted in there.

Man, so much more stuff I want to add to this thread but I don't have time. :P

Also @render when's the next shindig at your pad, bro? I got drinks to mix and slutty brownies to bring!

Maybe sometime over Thanksgiving?

And if that were to ever happen, I'll bet my vital organs that people wouldn't be able to settle on one single character they wanted in there.
Where is this coming from? It's been my experience that the SG community has been nothing but unified in the face of character choices.

C7PMsil.png

Dear Shin ATproof,
Please think of the East Coast players and send me drinks, the anecdotes about those drinks, and slutty brownies.
Sincerely,
That other East Coast Solobella

I would swoop in like the fucking Batman with my party favors if I could, Bro! One day I'll make it out to EastCoast and we shall party.

Maybe sometime over Thanksgiving?

Call me~!

More people go to tournaments = higher tournament numbers = raised interest in the game = people buy the game to practice and participate in tournaments = increased popularity of the game

You also missed after high tournament numbers "more stream time for the game at said tournaments", which in itself raises awareness and interest.

I somehow doubt people would pony up the full amount to make a character and then give it to Lab Zero with no strings attached whatsoever.

I think you are severely underestimating how bad certain people want Annie.

Reactions: earlfriend
whats this I keep hearing about slutty brownies?
is that like... brownies without frosting or whatever?

You eat brownies with frosting?!
That sounds fucking horrifying!

Hey @Shin ATproof could you do a video of you making the Rainbow Road drink along with the story? PWEASE?

the only slutty brownies i know of are made with a cookie dough base, with oreos on top, then covered in brownie batter. they are definitely slutty.

You also missed after high tournament numbers "more stream time for the game at said tournaments", which in itself raises awareness and interest.

Slightly redundant but totally agree with it!

It's a desert lasagna of AWESOME!

You got a top layer of brownie
With an entire layer of double stuffed oreos in the middle!
Followed by a chocolate chip cookie bottom!!!

I know, I just blew your mind at the veritable ORGY of ABSO-FUCKING-LUTE deliciousness that can only be described as "slutty." You will love it and it will make you feel dirty.

Know how to make the TOTALLY INCREDIBLE become GODLIKE!?!? Throw a scoop of icecream on that shit! It's okay...we won't judge you even if Caligula would find it too debauched for his tastes.

Brownies with frosting sounds aight tho...

Hey @Shin ATproof could you do a video of you making the Rainbow Road drink along with the story? PWEASE?

That....could be arranged lol that can totally be arranged!

Reactions: akindhobo
I think it's kind crap that Skullgirls sells for the price of a downloadable game, when the full roster is 14 characters as apposed to Persona Arena's 13.
Sure it launched with 8 characters, but you just know the PS4 and PSVita versions will go out dirt cheap.
I hope they sell it for a proper retail price, so they see some money. Not even so they can make a sequel, just so they can make more of a profit.

there was a lot more in Arena that is in SG, it is more than just characters

Where is this coming from? It's been my experience that the SG community has been nothing but unified in the face of character choices.

C7PMsil.png
ExceptforBeowulf

I'll sure go to tournaments when they'll make them in the south of a little country in Europe, where there are very rarely gaming tournaments to begin with, imagine fighting game tournaments or hell Skullgirls tournaments.
But ya' know, all the world is America, and I'm just a lazy asshole.

I'll sure go to tournaments when they'll make them in the south of a little country in Europe, where there are very rarely gaming tournaments to begin with, imagine fighting game tournaments or hell Skullgirls tournaments.
But ya' know, all the world is America, and I'm just a lazy asshole.
HEY, we acknowledge some places. Canada exists sometimes.

Tournaments in Europe would be nice :(
They sure would.
Like a space in London comicon for Skullgirls tournaments even just one or two times a year would be a good start and much more accesible than the other side of the fucking planet

There's an anime-convention happening once a year near me but there's no way I'm able to set up a legit tournament there. Legit like, being able to rent space, have prizes, allow strangers to enter. Because everything else is just me hanging out with some friends and play some games. Problem is the con isn’t about video games, it isn’t about tournaments, and I don’t think there are enough players near me to even fill a bracket. Some people come from a greater distance for this con, but sadly not to play Skullgirls.

I tried to gather interest and have Skullgirls offline casuals when Pyrkon (one of the biggest cons and gaming events in Europe according to the number of participants) took place this year.
No one wanted to show up.

Poland why.