• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Canada The GirlyStyle Man Cave SkullGirls Diaries (vancouver)

Dear Diary, why is everyone so far away. Sob.
Dear Diary,
I don't like getting punked by Peacock so hard. I am glad that Skarmand lives far away.
:PUN:

Reactions: mcpeanuts
We can be... friends?! What is this frightening concept?

Lol, but in all seriousness I would be down to play some Skullgirls this weekend. I'm free anytime basically.

I am busy this weekend with some extra work stuffs.

But do you guys want to invade eSpot next Sunday? They have a Fighting Game gathering there every weekend.

I am busy this weekend with some extra work stuffs.

But do you guys want to invade eSpot next Sunday? They have a Fighting Game gathering there every weekend.
At what time?

I would go depending on the time.

I should be game for any weekend, hopefully we can all get together before the month ends.

I should be game for any weekend, hopefully we can all get together before the month ends.

i will probably hold something early in february

I am going to espot tonight, probs be there around 6pm

I'll bring a set up if people are going to show up.

gas guys :) i will be there every sunday, lets try and make it a thing.

we can have weeklies there and monthly tourneys at the office

gas guys :) i will be there every sunday, lets try and make it a thing.

we can have weeklies there and monthly tourneys at the office
It was fun. We introduced SG to some new guys.

Reactions: GirlyStyle
Hey guys there's a Vancouver tourney on Feb. 8 - who has side tourney interest?

Also everyone start learning ST - it will make you 3x better at SG I promise also it's da bes

Also everyone start learning ST - it will make you 3x better at SG I promise also it's da bes

Hmmm, I've been thinking about learning a second fighting game. Maybe I'll give it a try. Although, learning a game that old is pretty daunting. I imagine it would be difficult to find beginners to play with.

What version do you play on? Will I need a console or is PC fine?

You can practice via ggpo emulation; all casuals offline take ace either on Dreamcast setups or, more frequently, at Movieland Arcade on Granville (which is not good for learning; everyone too strong). I can post all th necessary DLs when not at work.

Fundamentally it's simple. It's very neutral game heavy on the same ways SG is. Biggest barriers is learning how oki works, what the fuck is going on with throws (they are 0 frames, have no whiff, and don't have a traditional teching system), and inputs (no leninancy making reaction/clutch DPs hard to learn and reversal window is one frame).

I will have ST at all my gatherings and will probably focus on it until (no offense) the local SG scene gets stronger. The ST scene here is super talented. I can show prettying all the little tricks of the trade whenever anyone is down.

Pencil me in for sure, I'll let you know if something horrible happens and I can't make it, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Requesting pretty nail polish from @hlvn

Last edited:
Pencil me in for sure, I'll let you know if something horrible happens and I can't make it, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Requesting pretty nail polish from @hlvn

sweet! Looking forward to playing you

I won't be able to make this one ;_;

I'm totally down for anything between March 23rd and March 30th though.

I'm in there.

I won't be able to make this one ;_;

I'm totally down for anything between March 23rd and March 30th though.

D: D:

we will do something then in March also.

Know anyone from area who is interested?

I'm in there.

you are a man who is pure of heart

Everyone should learn how to play VF5FS. Including me I have not touched it in a couple of months.

Yo @hlvn don't go breaking my heart twice

I won't be able to drive up myself, but I can definitely swing a train ticket if anyone in the area is available to scoop me?

Also any info on a hotel in the area for the night would be helpful.

I won't be able to drive up myself, but I can definitely swing a train ticket if anyone in the area is available to scoop me?

Also any info on a hotel in the area for the night would be helpful.

You can crash at my place if you want

If you find out where your train would end up I can come get you probably and help you get to the space

You can crash at my place if you want

If you find out where your train would end up I can come get you probably and help you get to the space

Apparently the train station is literally two miles from the venue. Happening. <3

What time are the doors open and how late do you guys usually stay?

Last edited:
Reactions: Choose Goose
Yo just throwing this out there I might need to crash at your place, I'm still working on a place to stay.

anyone want to volunteer for streaming duty? i.e. bringing something like a mic and mb a webcam? could do exhibitions/tourney's from that with commentary.

Yo just throwing this out there I might need to crash at your place, I'm still working on a place to stay.

yeah no problem man its totally open to you if you want. i suggest bringing a sleeping bag if you do

Also you said Feb.4th in the main post and then Feb.1st in the post mid way and also talked about some side thing on Feb.8th, which day is it? :S

Also you said Feb.4th in the main post and then Feb.1st in the post mid way and also talked about some side thing on Feb.8th, which day is it? :S

Sorry, it is indeed the 1st. On the 8th there is a tourney in Van for SF that I will be at if people wanna go.

Changed the front page date accordingly. Sorry for being confusing :S

What time is this at? I don't see that listed in the front page (note I may have pre-existing plans, that's still up in the air).

What time is this at? I don't see that listed in the front page (note I may have pre-existing plans, that's still up in the air).

If it's the same as the last get together, it should be 5PM

It's in Vancouver on West Broadway. Girly's office.