• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

THE GUNDAM THREAD

So I went back and played a buncha the Gundam Dynasty Warriors....the game's are a giant mixed bag...honestly the third was probably the best with the most stuff to do. Despite an utterly stupid story, at least it tried to be unique. 2 is probably my second favorite. Reborn is only good in that it had a buncha fan favorites the previous games were missing as well as new grunt mobile suits and main character MS variants. But ugh...I just can't get over how dumb Japanese Judo sounds compared to his almighty english voice. Seriously, it bugs the crap out of me that we got 3 really high quality games...ok 2 high quality games with pretty decent to good if not stupidly over the top voice acting AND LOCALIZATION, and then Reborn is a digital-only title with a wastebin of pretty bland DLC that it really really didn't need and didn't add anything to the game really. And they kept it Japanese-voices only. I wouldn't be so fucking bugged by this if all 3 previous games weren't totally in English and had more to them with space battles and more overall meat with story mode, mission modes, replaying shortened and simplified versions of a few of the Gundam series, etc.

A RED CRESCENT
COMMUNIST GUNDAM CONFIRMED?

confirmed image is totes legit

some more info
11538113_854153734620770_1256450428696337599_o.jpg

Uugh, I wish some more of these would come over here and get localized. I love Gundam so much, but there's so many other things competing for my attention, I feel like I have to force myself to keep up with what's going on with Gundam these da-

Holy Shit another one? Welp, time to get hyped!

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
you could hype yourself up by watching Build Fighters.
it was the best Gundam series to come out in the past 2 years.

also on the topic of gundam dubs
fuck canada aside from G Gundam and Scott McNeil
other than that F91 had the best dub because of Tom Wyner's Iron Mask speech
every other spinoff dub is a solid okay
the best part of the 0079 movies was Steve Blum as Char

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
I should go do that...I've heard good things.

the dub of Unicorn sounds good.

also, Dynasty Warriors Reborn came out long after Bandai stopped doing dubs on their own.
so.... yeah, was not surprised that there was no dub on that.
but fuck both seed and seed destiny as two separate campaigns.
that was fucking torture going through that bullshit condensed.

Speaking of Seend and Seed Destiny (kill me now), I'm wondering why it seemed so...popular...I mean, of all the gundams I see randomly perusing the internet, Gundam Seed series seem to come up a lot. I mean...its just a wimpier retelling of the original with elements taken from Zeta and Double Zeta...like...seriously, me and my friend just recently put ourselves through it. All we EVER saw, was a painful comparison to better Gundams. :/

yeah SGM had the misfortune of coming out on the 10th anniversary of SEED which why they put in fucking everyone ever that appeared for two seconds in that show

I want the next one to have more G Gundam
and more Gundam X
and Harry Ord

but I know in my heart that they're just gonna put Build Fighters everything in it because that's what makes the money
a bloo bloo bloo
I just want my Chibodee Crocket and Jamil Neate and Harry Ord
a bloo bloo bloo

Wait, Bandai stopped doing Dubs on their own? Welp...that explains A LOT...poor .Hack movies...

Anyways, as far as the Dynasty Warriors Gundam (or whatever the Musou name is), I have to admit, the unique Gundams created for the games were pretty cool. Honestly I'm more of a nostalgia guy towards the earlier gundams...so...I don't really have any idea who I'd like to see appear in the next games...maybe more random Char mobile suits? I dunno...D:

I need to watch more of the new Gundams...I put myself through both Seed and Seed Destiny, so there can't possibly be anything worse than that, eh?

hey, any time is a good time to watch Build Fighters.
it had Domon Kashu in Build Fighters Try.
it was nothing but he was there.

also Build Fighters in general is just a fun series that basically re-ignited my love of Gundam, not just my interests in the model kits.
like, there's so much stuff they do with Gundam from past and present and it's great.
and the characters are all really likeable in some way or another.
and Meijin Kawaguchi makes a great Char clone.

also, IT'S FREE TO WATCH!

and you can also watch Unicorn and Gundam Seed Stargazer.
also the Astray PVs.
why couldn't we have a Red Astray TV series? ;-;

Last edited:
Uugh, I wish some more of these would come over here and get localized. I love Gundam so much, but there's so many other things competing for my attention, I feel like I have to force myself to keep up with what's going on with Gundam these da-

Holy Shit another one? Welp, time to get hyped!
you know that RightStuf just released Turn A Gundam and announced blu-rays for 0079 along with DVDs for Gundam X, ZZ, Zeta, Victory, and the Turn A movies, right?

Gundam X and Victory getting localized is pretty cool news.

well
Gundam X getting localized is pretty cool news at the least

you wanna know what isn't getting localized?
Back-On's opening of Build Fighters Try. :( not even on iTunes...
and all we got is this combo video of Leo from Xrd as the only version that isn't nightcore'd.

nibun no ichi > cerulean
reiji > sekai
old battle system announcer > try battle system announcer

I agree with everything except about nibun no ichi being better than cerulean.
Cerulean is just too fucking good.

you know that RightStuf just released Turn A Gundam and announced blu-rays for 0079 along with DVDs for Gundam X, ZZ, Zeta, Victory, and the Turn A movies, right?

Gundam X and Victory getting localized is pretty cool news.
I knew none of this. I am very much behind on my Gundamu D:

Need to pick up Turn A. I'm more fond of it then I really should be XD

X getting localized is pretty cool. I didn't really like Victory, but I kinda liked Uso...maybe I'll give it another shot in english XD

you guys probably missed the new Gundam announcement.

WHICH IS WHY I TOOK THE LIBERTY OF SCREENCAPPING TONS OF SHIT!
new gundam design and name.png

new gundam gunpla.png
new gundam gunpla grunt.png
new gundam gunpla weapons.png
new gundam 100 frame gunpla.png
new gundam tamashii figure.png
new gundam money shot.png
new gundam artbook.png
new gundam world project.png
new gundam iron blooded offense.png
YOU CAN THANK ME LATER YOU NERDS!

I couldn't upload everything I got but the last thing you need to know is the series' name

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans.

Last edited:
and last but not least, the main character
new gundam character.png

I'll definitely buy that kit.
looks great.

also, dem MC EYEBROWS!
move over Wing Penguins.

I think they said it was a full anime.
they didn't mention anything about OVAs.

they had not great translators though, so they might have and I didn't notice.

they'll get to it eventually.

also in the press conference, one of the bandai heads said that they were happy with the success of Build Fighters and Unicorn.

so.... those could be hints.

wow, this kid in this commercial is like, HOLY MOLEY.

Sometimes it feels like there's a new gundam series daily. And then I remember I haven't kept up with the series in forever and look at all the shiny new shows and models and drool.

history is bound to repeat itself
I mean
remember the 90s
gundam was out the ass there