• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Hype, Impractical, and Impossible Combos Thread

I win
You seriously think you're winning anything with that?
Summer needs to end faster so I can record again, looks like there is plenty of people who believes they can compete with the raw awesomeness of minerals...and they deserve to be proven wrong the hard way.

Stupidly impractical; requires 5 bars to play the full song every loop, meaning this can only be used as an assist pickup after the point is dead. If you can think of a good song that fits in 4 notes, you COULD use this as a doublesnap though.

Well, as long as I'm still working on a general Shadow Of Impending Doom compilation, I figured that I might as well make something about the groundbounce properties you can get using a fully charged one. I don't know how common this knowledge is, but I'm sure it's news to somebody.

The main reason I'm excited for this video, though, is that I managed to get two insanely high groundbounces in the same combo:

Mind if I give Eliza some love on here? Spent 2 hours doing this... was a pain in my :PUN:.
Wanted to use as many boots as possible, because boots are cool.

The only hard part about this combo is the ending because see, what i did, was a.lp > a.hp > a.hk > a.dash cancel > immediate a.lk > land > Level 3: SO that I would be on the ground JUST before Peacock to do the level 3. This was too close for comfort, also because I'm dumb and play on 360 controller with the analog stick, but I make it work, and I've been up all night, and I'm tired now, so I'm going to go die, before I continue to ramble, and use commas, in areas they may or may not be needed, in order to make this run on sentence not as run-onie, but that isn't even a word, alright, I'm done, I think, kill me, but not really, unless I become a zombie, but if this was the skullworld I wouldn't really be dead, I'd be unable to die, like fortune. Cue Fortune head! :PUN:

Reactions: Rachel Phoenix
I don't even need to watch rakurin's video to be able to say it's probably pretty awesome. The symptoms in his post are clear enough :
-subject feels extreme fatigue.
-will to die, with a preference for an assisted death.
-belief in the fact the subject became a zombie.
-extremely late for the subject when video got post.
-subject talks about the vid like if he didn't care, but is actually proud of it.
-after or before talking about the video, subject writes completely random stuff.

Dragonos' seal of quality

Last edited:
Reactions: Rakurin
I don't even need to watch rakurin's video to be able to say it's probably pretty awesome. The symptoms in his post are clear enough :
-subject feels extreme fatigue.
-will to die, with a preference for an assisted death.
-belief in the fact the subject became a zombie.
-extremely late for the subject when video got post.
-subject talks about the vid like if he didn't care, but is actually proud of it.
-after or before talking about the video, subject writes completely random stuff.

Dragonos' seal of quality

Fairly accurate, not really late, it was like 9am. Of course I didn't sleep so it was early late..?

Also, because I'm still crazy, I tested this combo on the rest of the cast. Only doesn't work on Double and Big Band. Double falls too fast, and Big Band gets hit by the instant a.lk so he can burst. Possible to do it on everyone just gotta change the timings of things for each one.

Fairly accurate, not really late, it was like 9am. Of course I didn't sleep so it was early late..?

Also, because I'm still crazy, I tested this combo on the rest of the cast. Only doesn't work on Double and Big Band. Double falls too fast, and Big Band gets hit by the instant a.lk so he can burst. Possible to do it on everyone just gotta change the timings of things for each one.
I know the symptoms because I got experience with them myself.

But now you're lying : you are not crazy anymore, more like simply masochistic, as you are trying to make your stuff practicle, checking character universality and stuff. That thing needs an organized mind, and it means the combo isn't beyond the grasp of the human mind. It needs to so it can be hype. Now all the magic is gone.

Combo got downgraded from "crazy hype" to "cool".
I am displeased.

I know the symptoms because I got experience with them myself.

But now you're lying : you are not crazy anymore, more like simply masochistic, as you are trying to make your stuff practicle, checking character universality and stuff. That thing needs an organized mind, and it means the combo isn't beyond the grasp of the human mind. It needs to so it can be hype. Now all the magic is gone.

Combo got downgraded from "crazy hype" to "cool".
I am displeased.

I ONLY DID IT BECAUSE SOMEONE REQUESTED IT ELSEWHERE! I WAS CRAZY ENOUGH TO SAY YES TO A STRANGER! RE-PROMOTE ME PLEASE! <3

RE-PROMOTE ME PLEASE! <3
oh helllllll no.gif

NEXT!

Well, I finally got this compilation done. I probably could have gotten way more damage out of these, and I probably could have found a lot more wacky stuff to do, but I'm treating this a lot more like a proof of concept than a masterwork.

There are a few moves that I know for a fact won't work with this (i.e. Nightmare Legion). I also couldn't get Fenrir Drive, Tricobezoar, EKG Flatliner, or Bandwagon Rushdown to play nicely with Shadow Of Impending Doom, and not for a lack of trying. If anybody manages to find a way to pull these off, I'd love to see it.

Honorable Mention: I would have liked to have done Fukua's air grab and Valentine's Level 5, but I've already been sitting on this video for weeks and my recording window has closed for a few days, so . . .

idk what to think about this bait

I'm trying not to be mean so hard right now.
I'll let you live for now.
shhhh babe, it's not worth it. breath in and breath out. let all the negative chi flow out. Think of all the true cool combos you can make with Cerebella.

Reactions: LuxadeSwag
combo is meh

but that conversion tho

This ones after Hatred install is difficult for me.

Reactions: Natezer
MORE SHAKY CAM. LET'S NOT DO THAT PLs. at least put the camera on a flat leveled surface. if not for me, for the other people who might want to actually want to see your combo.

It's not that hard to see. Now please go and let Duck and Domo host Who yall like.

It's not that hard to see. Now please go and let Duck and Domo host Who yall like.
well sorry for asking for a bit of professionalism out of you, but it doesn't matter because the combo wasn't very flashy, you didn't finish the combo by trying to maximize the damage with a super at the end, and it started off with a basic Parasoul jump in combo with PainWheel assist shoved in so you could throw out two tears so that you can juggle the opponent. Also I'm not in charge of WYL anymore so basically it's up to Domo or Duck to step up to plate and volunteer to host.

MORE SHAKY CAM. LET'S NOT DO THAT PLs. at least put the camera on a flat leveled surface. if not for me, for the other people who might want to actually want to see your combo.
At least that frame rate is smooth.

Someone make this happen at evo and convert off it

It's not that hard to see.

Sure, I can technically see the combo on a shakycam that only covers 1/4th of the screen and has lower quality than MVC2 combo videos recorded on VHS over a decade ago, but I'd rather not have to.

Well, might as well throw this up while it still works. Actually found this stuff the day before Peacock lost assist + teleport cross-ups, which also breaks a bunch of side-switch stuff like this.

Guys, I feel lonely!
Anyway.
Run stops got 20% cooler.
40% cooler if you can do it in a match