• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Hype, Impractical, and Impossible Combos Thread

WrestlerGuile

Reaction score
Steam
EVoDRAgQUEEn (If a Skullgirls Sequel comes out)
PSN
FASTERLANED
Painwheel Unknown Unknown
This thread is all about those combos which aren't the most practical or BnB-like. Those combos which are just you showing off instead of finishing the battle quick and cold. The combos that make people go "Oh shit! Did you see that? That shouldn't have happened! Oh shit..." Remember TODs?

Well this thread is all about the best of the best showing off their cool ass combos that just wouldn't make sense, needs super tight timing, or just looks cool. Even if TODs are impossible now, just take a crack at it. Or do you want to try the Cerebella Run and Devil Horns combos, show off a really funny burst baits, maybe even try constant rejumps.

As of now,the "hype" combos I've tried was using Parasoul's j.MK, j.d.MK and Napalm Tears to make a flying combo, and I think its possible but needs the timing. I've been actually trying the Cerebella Run-cancel combos and Devil Horns DP combo we saw in Vanilla, but they seem to be impossible now, but I'll keep trying.

What can you do? Just post videos or post every attack your combo consists of. In all just have fun with this! You can even show failed attempts at your combos.

Inspirations of this thread are here and bits of here(especially in 8:05 and especially-especially 9:36). Also, TJgamer's Peacock-Cerebella Lock-n-Load combos seem to take a shit-ton of focus and perfect execution, so that inspired this thread too.

I've been actually trying the Cerebella Run-cancel combos and Devil Horns DP combo we saw in Vanilla, but they seem to be impossible now, but I'll keep trying.
My bnbs for cerebella against light characters are devil horns combos, the ones that still work are practical and do a large amount of damage (all my bella combos do between 8.7k-9.5k for 1 bar.) Run-stop combos are pretty worthless now from a damage stand point, they have good reset options though.

This thing sounds like @gllt in thread form.
Wait for me to put my stuff on video...I was unconsciously waiting for this thread, now my true bored train mode addict power shall shine in its final form, MUAHAHAHAHAH(sees gilt's post)ahahah...ok, maybe I don't have anything THAT impracticle and useless, but I think I can compete for the hype and impossible stuff

Countering a burst still counts as them hitting something, ie they can block.
... At least it was that way, haven't kept up to date whether that ever got changed.

It's this way, still. Like gllt said, use it just for style.
I mean, this is the impractical combo thread.

Reactions: gllt
I think the pulsr combo counts as being impractical now. Also fortune has j.hp xx headspike combos still but they have to happen on the exact frame when the opponent lands.

um i have one. i was up late and i decided to figure out what do to do if i launch the enemy....with head right next to it.

so s hk > delay > fiber upper M> j mk > axekick M> zoom> s lk > s mk > s hk > j mp >j mk > axe kick M > super.

in some cases the head will get hit by the first j mk and the axe kick which allows for a crossunder..... strange isn't it?

Anything's possible if you believe hard enugh

Reactions: BeatNinja and gllt
[av]http://a.pomf.se/qerrci.webm[/av]

c.LK, c.MK, c.HP, jump, j.HP, airdash, j.MP, j. HP, land-jump, j.LP, MP, HP, airdash, j.HP, the IPS kicks in and it's :RDP:KK.

This seems to be very doable mid-stage!

pretty sure all these are impractical as hell maybe
the c.mk run stop s.lk combo became one of my main burst baits...never think something is too impractical for actual use :)

the c.mk run stop s.lk combo became one of my main burst baits...never think something is too impractical for actual use :)

I find it too hard to do but that was a while back, maybe my execution is better now.

now for some really impossible bella stuff :
THIS IS MADNESS! (vs parasoul only)
midscreen:
c.lk c.mp s.hp run stop c.mk kanchou --> i'm actually not even sure it is really possible, try it out, i couldn't manage to pull it out yet
c.hp
j.mp j.hk (restand)
c.mp c.hp j.lp mash j.mp (restand)
s.hk run stop
c.lp c.mk s.hp deflector lvl3 (my favorite gombo ever)

corner: (medium counter hit or higher)
c.mp c.hp
j.mp j.hk (restand)
s.hp run stop
c.mk (classic just frame link)
j.lp mash j.mp (restand)
s.hk run stop
c.lk (just frame link) c.hp
j.hp double jump
j.lk j.hk (restand) (parasoul only stuff)
c.lp c.mk s.hp deflector lvl3
excellebella (uber tricky to pull out, i shall put a video where i show this part cuz it's awesome looking)

every string and link except maybe run stop c.mk kanchou are possible, tried them myself, but don't have video footage to prove it yet for all of them.

EDIT: here is the corner lvl3 excellebella link (super hard)

Last edited:
Reactions: CaioLugon
Should update the OP to Meter-Eaters, but since there is no "Edited comment" alert, well, you get this.

I have some silly combos i like to do. Ppl probably already know these but meh ill post anyway:

peacock Avery's combo:

j.MK j.HK, land, jump, j.HK adc j.HK, land, jump j.MP j.HK, land, jump j.LP j.MP j.HK, land, jump j.LK j.MP j.HK, land, item drop
works off normal launcher too just launch-> j.HK adc j.HK.

parasoul jumping stuff (double or big band):

j.HP , land, jump j.MK j.HP, land, jump j.MK j.HP, land. jump j.LP j.HP, land, jump j.LK j.HP, land, etc
can go into it off: lk mk HP HP xx Lshot, s.LK xx Lshot, jump j.HP, land, jump j.MK j.HP, etc

Reactions: WrestlerGuile
I found a ridiculously hard (and impossible in a real match due to using much more than 5 meters in a row) Big Band link that I can only describe for want of capture equipment.

Midscreen, Satchmo Deathblow's wallbounce normally happens fast enough that it's nearly impossible to react to it before the opponent hits the ground. However, BB recovers just fast enough that a level 3 can be linked afterwards without using OTG. Following it with a tauntboosted SSJ can lead to a 1v1 ToD for 9 meters.

You don't need much to record with OBS, and it's really simple. Consumes waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less everything than Fraps.

Reactions: dragonos451
I must also note that I am a PS3 player.

Sorry, didn't know about it.

Looking at on of the inspiration videos, I see players now no longer using j.MK, and Run is burst resistant. I'll see if its true now.
EDIT: Confirmed.
EDIT: I mean all for Cerebella.

Last edited:
Looking at on of the inspiration videos, I see players now no longer using j.MK, and Run is burst resistant. I'll see if its true now.
EDIT: Confirmed.
EDIT: I mean all for Cerebella.
Er...I still use j.mk (never really understood why people use j.lk instead, but whatever)
What do you mean "burst resistant"?

What do you mean "burst resistant"?
Burst resistant means a move that can actually ignore being hit by a burst or wont get hit by it at all: a great example is Painwheel's Hatred Guard-using attacks.

Burst resistant means a move that can actually ignore being hit by a burst or wont get hit by it at all: a great example is Painwheel's Hatred Guard-using attacks.

Those attacks have armor which eats through the bursr, but when a burst hits armor the person that burst can block immediately.

Yet approximately 0 bursters successfully block anything after hitting armor. Weird.

Yet approximately 0 bursters successfully block anything after hitting armor. Weird.

You're still subject to a mixup. Or I'm wrong! I'm open to being corrected.

Damn, I hate not being able to check it myself (holidays are bad for you)
As far as I remember, armoring through a burst makes the opponent able to block, at least for lock'n'load.
I don't see why other armored attacks would be different about this. The only true burst baits are those that make the burst whiff entirely (hitting armor, on guard or assist will allow them to guard)

Armoring bursts can still be a good tactic for keeping pressure which is why Painwheel does it. Anyways, back to the topic!

I knew I was but insurance never hurts.

don't mess with the masters, you may make them angry...and you don't want them to post "angry" stuff :^|