• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The "Let's over-analyse social media updates" thread

Caleb

Savage Bypass
Reaction score
Steam
Von_Kalev
Cerebella Robo Fortune
The giant skeleton hands in her lineup shot have to play a role in her gameplay style, right? Necromancer Shinnok has three special attacks with giant skeleton hands, two are projectiles and one is a command grab. Devil's Flick is good to push the opponent away. Judgment Fist can work similarly to Peacock's Shadow of Impending Doom.

Sadly I couldn't find any gifs, so I can only provide you a video

I also wonder how is she going to move around? Is she going to hover or walk?

Reactions: Holy Goose

Holy Goose

Science Shark Supporter
Reaction score
Steam
eestifisher
Unknown Unknown Unknown
I also wonder how is she going to move around? Is she going to hover or walk?
She's going to fly around on her vacuum cleaner.

Necromancer Shinnok has three special attacks with giant skeleton hands, two are projectiles and one is a command grab.
Oh yeah, we need a Shinnok palette for Marie.

The giant skeleton hands in her lineup shot have to play a role in her gameplay style, right?
Well, she has them in her concept art for a reason...
I want to believe!

BellaFeng4Eternity

Feng and Jam Waiting Room
Reaction score
Steam
BellaFeng4Eternity
Cerebella Squigly Double
But Marie's story mode probably would be very lore-heavy. I hope so, at least.
Yeah. I'm thinking her story would revolve around how she and Patricia became friends and how she became the new Skullgirl afterwards. Should be pretty interesting to say the least.

Reactions: Holy Goose

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
Cerebella Painwheel Unknown
vacuum cleaner can make wind yes plz..? T_T More expecting some touhou movement tho.
I'm pretty sure the main way her vacuum cleaner is gonna work is like Rachel Alucard's wind from Blazblue. Rachel is in her gameplay inspiration after all and another inspiration she has is "Mega Maid" who can use a giant vacuum to suck in or expel out objects.

Holy Goose

Science Shark Supporter
Reaction score
Steam
eestifisher
Unknown Unknown Unknown
and another inspiration she has is "Mega Maid" who can use a giant vacuum to suck in or expel out objects.
Originally, it's stated that Marie could interact with the corpses of her opponents via the vacuum cleaner to gain some sort of a bonus.
I hope this demonic cleaning appliance will have more functions. Too cool not to have.
Mega Maid palette when.

Yeah. I'm thinking her story would revolve around how she and Patricia became friends and how she became the new Skullgirl afterwards. Should be pretty interesting to say the least.
I hope to get more information about the Skullgirl's connection to The Trinity.
And more lore on Double.
Always good to have more lore on Double.

Reactions: BellaFeng4Eternity

Corridor89

Reaction score
Double Painwheel
I unironically hope Marie's story is something extremely melodramatic -- to the point where it feels out of place with the rest of the game. Just really hammer in that Marie is a young girl who gave up her entire life for the sake of avenging her best friend and that in-spite of Marie's devotion, her own indomitable willpower will ensure that she remains weak as the Skullgirl and possibly make her quest fruitless.
Not to mention that her best friend was specifically engineered to kill her and that Peacock's own aloofness and irreverence contrasts so heavily with Marie's somber and tragic personality.

Bankenstein8

Reaction score
Big Band Beowulf Unknown
I unironically hope Marie's story is something extremely melodramatic -- to the point where it feels out of place with the rest of the game. Just really hammer in that Marie is a young girl who gave up her entire life for the sake of avenging her best friend and that in-spite of Marie's devotion, her own indomitable willpower will ensure that she remains weak as the Skullgirl and possibly make her quest fruitless.
Not to mention that her best friend was specifically engineered to kill her and that Peacock's own aloofness and irreverence contrasts so heavily with Marie's somber and tragic personality.
Also it feels highly likely that she’ll die even in her own story mode.

BellaFeng4Eternity

Feng and Jam Waiting Room
Reaction score
Steam
BellaFeng4Eternity
Cerebella Squigly Double
I think it would be amazing if you have a fight where it's playable marie vs boss marie. Framing it as marie fighting against the skull heart's influence or something like that.
That would be cool but I doubt it'll happen unfortunately. But, yeah. I can definitely see her dying at the end of her story which would be very sad to see. :(

tristePinguino

Droppin' combos like they're hot!
Reaction score
Filia
Forgive me if this is kinda off-topic (I don't feel like this warrants its own thread), but do you think we can expect an update to the game's intro after Season 1's completion?

Reactions: Caleb

Holy Goose

Science Shark Supporter
Reaction score
Steam
eestifisher
Unknown Unknown Unknown
Forgive me if this is kinda off-topic (I don't feel like this warrants its own thread), but do you think we can expect an update to the game's intro after Season 1's completion?
Logically speaking, we should.

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
Cerebella Painwheel Unknown
Far as I know, we have only got updates to the intro when the game got named updates (specifically, Encore and Second Encore). I don't think they will make one just for Season 1, but if we get a named update after Season 1 (which I think is a possibility), we could.

Bankenstein8

Reaction score
Big Band Beowulf Unknown

I noticed they replied to two of the comments here.

"Attendees are allowed to film and take photos at the booth as long as it's not a "stationary setup" like a tripod, or using flash / lights. We encourage players to share their Dahlia footage!"

So there should be some footage of Dahlia pretty soon then.

"This is from her walking animation. Love that confident swagger! Not all of her animations are cleaned up yet, but this one just screamed 'social post'!"

Which would imply that the majority of her animations are cleaned up, so I'm guessing she'll be around the same as Umbrella was when she was first released into alpha.