• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

I've been messing around with Kenshi so far and he feels like my kind of character, but there's just one thing I don't like. If the opponent blocks bf3 or db4f from full screen (in possessed or balanced), Kenshi is negative enough that they can run up all the way from full screen. They don't get a punish, thank christ, but they get pressure, which is also bad. So like you see people holding block from full screen and you don't wanna use either of those moves, but those are the only moves he has that hit from full screen =/

I haven't tried every character yet but what I really want is someone with for example Sinestro trait where if you read full screen block you have this other thing you can do. Then the mixup is like, if I think you're gonna block I charge up my whatever-it-is, and if I think you're gonna do something I throw a fireball. Does anyone work like that? Doesn't have to be a powerup like Sinestro's thing, a stationary projectile like Martian Manhunter orbs or a slow projectile like George's Day Out would also work. I didn't watch any of the Kombat Kasts or whatever so I have no idea what anyone does lol

eh... Raiden has a variant that has the stationary lighting orbs. D'Vora has a low quick projectile with one of her bugs. and I don't think anyone has the Sinestro trait. sorry. :/

but hey Kenshi is like a really good pick so stick with him.

the only character I don't have some liking for is Kung Jin.
mostly because I tend to hate most bow and arrow using characters.

also Kano. but then again I've just never been a fan of Kano in the first place.

b-but Blanka Roll.

Blanka-rolling.gif

and you gotta love that and Kano's voice. "Ello my lovely, Uncle Kano's here and he's got you a present."

nah it's okay. I never personally cared for all of the ninjas, except for Sub-Zero cause the dude froze you in place. That shit is cool.

Kung Jin all day :)
I'm really liking him. He's got a decent projectile in his arrow, and with the Boujustu style he's got a lot of mixups, with a low and mid variantion on his staff swing (no one expects you to go low with it :3)
Overall loving him.

Fuck. I'm the only one who doesn't have the game huh.

And I dunno when I'll get it because I want it for PS4 and I dunno when I'll pick one up. Oh well. When's Jason gameplay.

So far feeling Kotal Khan and Takeda the most with Kung Jin not far behind.

I thought I would love D'Vorah, but I just can't get the feel for her.

I'm really stuck between Kotal and Takeda as mains though, I'm having pretty much similar amoutns of success with both (War God and Shirai Ryu).

Still haven't tried every character, going through story mode now.

And I dunno when I'll get it because I want it for PS4 and I dunno when I'll pick one up. Oh well. When's Jason gameplay.
pssst here's the mixup i too don't have the game. don't tell no one.... :I

:( I don't have the game either...

Hey...is Goro working for anyone else? I got the Kombat Pack and preordered, but still no Goro. I can play him in the special living towers and seen others using him, but when I go to download him, PSN says I have him and the game acts like the content doesn't exist when I go to download it directly from the game itself. It's pretty concerning for me. :(

Hey...is Goro working for anyone else? I got the Kombat Pack and preordered, but still no Goro. I can play him in the special living towers and seen others using him, but when I go to download him, PSN says I have him and the game acts like the content doesn't exist when I go to download it directly from the game itself. It's pretty concerning for me. :(
I'm in the same boat. I'll look into it more when I get back from my trip.

I haven't tried every character yet but what I really want is someone with for example Sinestro trait where if you read full screen block you have this other thing you can do. Then the mixup is like, if I think you're gonna block I charge up my whatever-it-is, and if I think you're gonna do something I throw a fireball. Does anyone work like that? Doesn't have to be a powerup like Sinestro's thing, a stationary projectile like Martian Manhunter orbs or a slow projectile like George's Day Out would also work. I didn't watch any of the Kombat Kasts or whatever so I have no idea what anyone does lol

Doesn't Necromancer Shinnok have something like that? He can do that unblockable skeleton hand that pretty much works the same as Sinestros meteor while still haveing faster but blockable fireballs.

Also, whoop, retail MKX in Poland has Goro by default. Another win for non-preorderers.

Doesn't Necromancer Shinnok have something like that? He can do that unblockable skeleton hand that pretty much works the same as Sinestros meteor while still haveing faster but blockable fireballs.

Also, whoop, retail MKX in Poland has Goro by default. Another win for non-preorderers.
I don't have Shinnok unlocked yet. I actually was planning on doing that tonight cause early reports are that he may be my kind of character.

You can cheat unlock Shinnok by getting the Samurai pack or unlocking one of his alt costumes in the Krypt. That's how I unlocked him :3

You can cheat unlock Shinnok by getting the Samurai pack or unlocking one of his alt costumes in the Krypt. That's how I unlocked him :3
that's weird since I unlocked Quan Chi's alt costume before beating story mode in MK9. wonder what made them change their minds on that aspect?

I dunno, I just know that after downloading the Samurai Pack (I had gotten the Kombat Pack), I could suddenly play as Shinnok. Friend calls me up, he had been screwing around in the Krypt mode, he'd gotten his first Alt Costue, he could use Shinnok. I guess it was an oversight? I dunno.

b-but Blanka Roll.
I was surprised to see he's got Athena's air roll into ground kick.

Really digging D'Vorah's aesthetic, though I'm not sure how I like her playstyle yet. She seems to be more "wait-and-see" and go in for a punish.

Have yet to try too much Mileena though I always have room in my heart for her, so she's next. Still digging Reptile too. And of course I'll have to try out my old main, Kitana... gah! too many options!!!

You can never try too much mileena, unless you look for rule 34 of her

Reactions: Spencer
Is there any way to keep track of your krypt progress? I've unlocked the whole thing now but I have no idea where I have things left and where I don't.

There's only 3 unless you count the last area you unlock via the coin gamble. Spider's Lair, Mausoleum, and Graveyard, unless I'm totally wrong on that and I missed somehing on the maps? :(

Nah you need a Kamidogu to go through it.
Krypt's fucking huge.
Gonna be unlocking stuff for a while.
No wonder they offered a $20 Unlock everything button for the tiny babies that want everything.

yeah but the netherrealm is really one small area, so I didn' really count it. But I guess it counts.

Funnily enough, I managed to unlock the gear room in Shao Kahn's Krypt and I ended up getting a spoiler skin.
Whoopsy daisy.
I'm gonna try and avoid delving deeper into the Krypt before I beat the game.
There's two spoiler outfits for
Liu Kang and Kitana
and I sure as fuck don't want that surprise taken away.

I don't have MKX yet, but I figure I'll ask, but do the Krypt graves have pre-set items in them? or is random?

I remember back during Deadly Alliance looking up a guide and going right for "Cooking with Scorpion"

Troy Baker is Shinnok
fuck is up with this guy's career progression
starts off voicing anime characters then middle aged dudes then old ass motherfuckers
is he just gonna be voicing zombies by 2017

Reactions: DRF_15
I have no idea if they're randomized or not, because I happened to get the two fatalities for my mains Erron and Kotal very early, but I think they're randomized
Most 5,000 things seem to be Brutalities, and most 1,000-3,000 things are fatalities or alt outfits.

Story mode was "eh" for me this time around. It had an absolute ton of moments that looked like someone was gonna die and then BOOM! Their ass is saved! It wasn't bad, but it was also pretty short. Not gonna spoiler anything but I feel the story was quite good, just not amazingly good.

I'm digging the story, and like with 9, I'm pretty impressed that they've created a fighting game that people could and do play only single player on (though where's the fun in that?).

@Jutsei Yeah, compared to other fighters they seem a lot more... dial-a-combo.

I'm still also failing to grasp how one's supposed to make their own combos aside from special moves/cancels and the preset combos, maybe I'm just a noob.
Launch them with something then while they're in the air hit them with something else that also launches them, repeat until you run out of gravity. For example this is the combo I've been doing with Balanced Kenshi:

b1 xx Rising Karma,
f32 xx EX Rising Karma
Tele-Flurry

This is the Possessed Kenshi combo I do:
b1 xx EX Demon Slam,
neutral jump punch,
f32 xx Sickle Lift

Reactions: Jutsei
Nah you need a Kamidogu to go through it.
Krypt's fucking huge.
Gonna be unlocking stuff for a while.
No wonder they offered a $20 Unlock everything button for the tiny babies that want everything.
20 dollars to unlock everything that you can just get by actually going through?
Whoever bought that really likes wasting money.

Reactions: Caleb