• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

It is a thing, you need to use atleast two interactables, there are two animations for her brutality to get this one you need to hold down after throwing her. But PS4 only for now, cause they are the only ones with the Tanya Update.
Thanks for clearing that up. I always have the tendency to throw Blanche whenever the opportunity presents itself.

'Tis but a scratch.

You see, Freddy is actually in the game, giving Jason an invisible piggyback ride for just such an occasion.

Jason - "Defying death and physics since 1980."

So, I never really played an MK game before. (I have played one of the older ones at a friend's house for a little while but that's it)

Does anyone know if the new MK is worth playing right now?

More and more bugs keep popping up and the PC port is garbage. I’d say sit on it for a while unless you already have an active local scene for it.

aren't they also fixing the bugs super frequently on the console ports?

you know, now that i look back at it Quan Chi was kinda of a pussy in MKX like everyone fucking kicked his ass in.

but he wasn't as bad as his older forms...

quan-chi-o.gif
so fucking goofy

Seems like a new one gets introduced with each update based on what I’ve been reading and watching. They seem to be having lots of problems handling gaining and losing meter in particular.

you know, now that i look back at it Quan Chi was kinda of a pussy in MKX like everyone fucking kicked his ass in.

but he wasn't as bad as his older forms...

quan-chi-o.gif
so fucking goofy
fun fact, this was actually the first introduction of Quan Chi.
before the games, before any mention of him.
THANKS DiC(k)!

Tanya comes out this Tuesday. I'm kinda hyped since I main Kitana and use Mileena as a secondary(Edenian Squad).
CGCiq6GUsAIZ_LG.jpg:large

Tanya Trailer

Her three variants appear to be weaponless, naginata, and bladed tonfas.

Ah, one of the more giggle-worthy Fatalities.

She looks great, especially with the redesign. Looks a lot better in-game.

I didn't expect her moves to be so.....badass.

Last edited:
Tanya looks really good, and she has a good variety of moves. The naginata variation looks really fun, especially with her teleports.

She looks better than I expected, but then again I expected nothing since I saw her as the weakest part of the Kombat Pass.
So this is one of those times when low expectations end up paying off

Tanya's first fatality look the most fake ever jesus. It encapsulates all the issues I have with fatalities.
Create large, gory holes in the characters for no reason? Check
All gore and no style? Check

Ugh. I wish we had more fatalities with actual substance to them. Something that was more than mindless gore and characters creating nonsensical holes in others with strikes that definately wouldn't.

I dunno, I'm kinda tired of fatalities in general. Probably just gonna stop using them until they start adding fatalities that are more than just implausible gore. More stuff like Cassie's second fatality and Lui Kang's first fatality please.

Oh, Tanya also looks kickass. Second fatality is pretty good I guess. Noticably more showy, so that's good.

Ugh. I wish we had more fatalities with actual substance to them. Something that was more than mindless gore and characters creating nonsensical holes in others with strikes that definately wouldn't.
Do you remember what game this is
:v

Reactions: BeatNinja
Do you remember what game this is
:v
Yep. And we've seen that they can make fatalities are well received or have a ton of shock factor that aren't all gore and blood. Jason's second fatality is honestly my least favorite fatality. The limbs fall off for such little reason it bugs me. It's an example of gore for the sake of gore, even if it means just having limbs fall off for no reason. Then we have Cassie's fatalities. Which have little to no gore, and are hilarious and sassy. Honestly, I just want fatalities, which are essentially an 'in-your face' to your opponent, to be more than just gore. There are more ways to brutally murder your opponent, some that may appear even more gruesome or shocking, that don't involve turning them into a pile of intestines.

I dunno. I like MKX, but I'm burned out on all the stupid fatalities. "Oh, I'm able to rip the sides of lower torso off with my brute strength!" "I can punch holes into people's heads that look completely different from the shape of my hand!"

I get the holes and stuff they make universal like the mouth hole you see in some fatalities, like Lio Kang's, but it sitll bugs me how quick they are to just have ppl put these mindless gaping holes in their opponents just to have those gaping holes.

killing rain because he couldn't get it up seems kinda petty, tanya

but I guess she's aiming for Kotal's Sunny D now

I hear ya, @North888, I hear ya.

I don't complain about violence because this IS Mortal Kombat, but I find most MKX fatalities manage to make violence boring, which is as impressive as it is sad. Though on that note I also don't like the concept of fatalities anymore, as it's one player still playing an already won game, so both have to wait longer for the next match, just so they can watch a cutscene they've already seen a hundred times.

On the other hand, I really like MKX's brutalities! Wish they replaced fatalities altogether. Short, quick, don't make the match last longer post-KO, to the point, juicy but not overdone, and are an actual taunt that matters (pressing buttons once the game is already won is just empty words, but actually meeting some special criteria during the match and still winning - now that's something!).

Fatalities need to be faster. A lot of them just drag on in this game. I feel like the Instant Kills in the older Guilty Gear games were the perfect length for a final move type of thing.

Why are they doing hotfixes for balance changes?

It must be great having to be online to play the proper version with your friend sitting right next to you. Absolutely terrific 10/10

you know, if you find fatalities take too long,
you could just, NOT do them.
like in tourneys.

I'll go ahead and tell everyone I fight online to not do them. I'm sure they'll listen.

Reactions: Muro and Arcana