• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Palettes of Skullgirls

So. For real. The unlock method is 20 satchmo's?

Every character needs an illuminati alt srsly c'mon guys

I may (or may not) have unlocked this palette by doing a thing too. Just like Muro did (or didn't) because it's true (or it isn't).

I'm sure the people who attempted 20 satchmo solo kills and did not unlock the palette can confirm that 20 satchmo solo kills are in fact not what unlocks the palette.

Reactions: Dr. Oddwin
After 19 satchmo solo kills, I unlocked it!

Attachments

• 0712bb.png
    0712bb.png
    435.3 KB · Views: 1,320
Since some people are being intentionally obtuse, I bothered checking for myself!

Big Band's #26 is unlocked by winning some 20-odd matches with Satchmo Deathblow. It is not automatically unlocked by the color pack DLC, or by beating Marie 300%.

2015-07-11_00004.jpg

I'm sure the people who attempted 20 satchmo solo kills and did not unlock the palette can confirm that 20 satchmo solo kills are in fact not what unlocks the palette.

This.

But I got some 20 Satchmo Deathblows and I didn't unlock it.
Is it cause I didn't buy the color pack?

Big Band's 26th palette doesn't require the color pack to be unlocked.

Since some people are being intentionally obtuse, I bothered checking for myself!

Big Band's #26 is unlocked by winning some 20-odd matches with Satchmo Deathblow. It is not automatically unlocked by the color pack DLC, or by beating Marie 300%.

Did you unlock it by Satchmo Deathblow? I did Satchmo Solo!

Did you unlock it by Satchmo Deathblow? I did Satchmo Solo!

Satchmo Solo is the move that freezes time and lets Big Band play the trumpet. Satchmo Deathblow is the followup that does tons of damage. You can't do damage with Satchmo Solo.

I got a "You've unlocked a palette" message the second I won my last game with Satchmo Deathblow, so I assume that's the unlock condition.

Wait..... There are unlockable colors? I was adding along really retardedly hard "unlock" conditions.

Is this the only one?

Satchmo Solo is the move that freezes time and lets Big Band play the trumpet. Satchmo Deathblow is the followup that does tons of damage. You can't do damage with Satchmo Solo.

I got a "You've unlocked a palette" message the second I won my last game with Satchmo Deathblow, so I assume that's the unlock condition.
Oh sorry,I thought "trumpet time+236PP=Satchmo Solo". You're right.

I've already done 20 Satchmo Solo: Death Blow kills several times over, in couch vs mode even, and still no Jotaro palette

Do said Death Blow kills need to be in a certain mode?

I've already done 20 Satchmo Solo: Death Blow kills several times over, in couch vs mode even, and still no Jotaro palette

Do said Death Blow kills need to be in a certain mode?

not just killing a character, winning the game with the super?
I've been trying it exclusively in qm just in case, I probably only have ~10 because I keep fucking up the input after a-train lol

I did this in retail if it helps
If the palette really is supposed to unlock at 20/25 match-winning Satchmo kills out of training, then something's up

If the palette really is supposed to unlock at 20/25 match-winning Satchmo kills out of training, then something's up

Most achievements don't unlock from stuff you do in training mode, so the same might be the case for this palette. I had it unlock by grinding it out in local versus, so try that.

does it have to be out of s.mp or can it be comboed/dhced into for kill?

I never used S.Mp and never did try to combo into it or DHC into it

got it

FAF1C3B9A4BE525A80453DA56569CB030A6776F2

I didn't do it in versus at all just to be safe, all the wins were on QM, didn't count how many it took but it was probably about 20 yeah

Reactions: Vagplus
this thread is giving me a headache

hmu when we have an 100% EXACT way of doing it

yare yare daze

20-odd wins with Satchmo Deathblow *is* an exact way of doing it. I'm not sure if it's exactly 20, it may be a bit more, but that's the method. I got this in local versus by just grinding it out, so I'm pretty confident that's the method.

Ah well, the cat's out of the bag anyway.

A pity too, I imagined the uniqueness of the palette could be preserved if the secret was shared mouth-to-mouth rather than on a forum.

That said, this is Big Band's palette number 26. Surely someone can guess how many satchmo kills are required to unlock the palette which is numbered 26.
I did that already, 25 match-ending Death Blow kills
yeah I stopped trying at 25 times.
:)

I did it two more times just to be sure, so either totsg disables this kind of unlock (which it probably does) or this is doesn't work in the beta. Either way, I don't think I want to grind that out again.

why did you grind it out in TOTSG in the first place

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
omg it is real fake, finally i can get some sleep tonight

I did it two more times just to be sure, so either totsg disables this kind of unlock (which it probably does) or this is doesn't work in the beta. Either way, I don't think I want to grind that out again.
Whatever the unlock method is, it does not work in the Beta. I would also recommend against testing things like this the Beta anyway, quite a lot that is not gameplay related is disabled.

Can confirm that winning 26 matches vs the training dummy means nothing.

OK, I guess I figured out that the possible reason for it's 26 or so times is because sMP into 4 trumpet notes into Satchmo Solo: Death Blow is 26 hits exactly

but I did exactly that, sMP > trumpet noisex4 > Satchmo Solo > Satchmo Solo: Death Blow and still no mysterious palette

About ready to start some blood sacrifices over here ;_;

Muro already said it, win 26 matches with level 5 and it's yours. I did it in local versus, a mixture of trumpet -> lvl 5 and cancelling into it after specials and unlocked the palette after 26 wins.

Reactions: Pickles