• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Palettes of Skullgirls

Just got it in retail with 16 wins, cause I spent 10 wins in typing of the skullgirls mode. So I guess that confirms that easy mode is a possibility. I guess it works even though totsg disables achievements.

So I guess if you gotta type fast, it could be a more enjoyable way of getting the palette. deathblow doing like 90% health 1v2 is pretty satisfying as well. It also gives the opportunity to see the new phrases to type.

Do you have to do it with Big Band on point? Do you specifically have to do it from sMP? Does it work if you DHC into level 5?

It doesn't matter how you do it, you just win the match with Satchmo Deathblow. As long as that's the move that does the winning hit, you're good.

I did it by building meter then inputting the LVL5 input without bringing up s.MP.

Reactions: SpaceCadetKeon
i just tried this out. got it in local vs on win #26. looks very cool.

:PUN:

Hm, I just did 26 match-ending Satchmo Solo: Death Blow kills in local vs again, and still no palette

Are we sure it doesn't need the DLC colors
=P

please tell me you're playing retail and not beta

maybe you do actually need the DLC color pack then, should have worked

I'm wondering that myself, might try later to get it on my ps3 that I know does not have color pack

I'm wondering that myself, might try later to get it on my ps3 that I know does not have color pack

Could you or someone else who doesn't have the color pack DLC on PS3 verify for me whether or not the code to unlock palette #10 works for Eliza, Beowulf, and Robo Fortune?

you'll have to tell me the code I've never heard of that

Reactions: Wenzel
ok so I googled it like I should have in the first place and it doesn't seem to work at all
like it doesn't say "palette unlocked" at all and no one gets palette #10 open
is it still Down, R1, Up, L1, Square, X?

ok so I googled it like I should have in the first place and it doesn't seem to work at all
like it doesn't say "palette unlocked" at all and no one gets palette #10 open
is it still Down, R1, Up, L1, Square, X?

I tried the same thing and got the same result.
Which is to say it didn't work.

You gotta pick Big Band and get a perfect in Arcade mode 3 times and then against Marie you gotta parry everything she does without getting hit and then at the last possible second you do Satchmo Solo and Jotaro will hop in and destroy Marie and then you'll fight the true final boss, Jotaro. Beating him unlocks this palette.
It works ! Thanks @Zidiane !
BBjojo.png

I tried the same thing and got the same result.
Which is to say it didn't work.
Yeah, I've been noticing this since Eliza release for PS3.

There's this topic:
http://skullheart.com/index.php?threads/question-about-the-10th-palette-ps3.7838/

I have no #10 for Eliza, Beo & Robo, despite using the code after each character's release. Beo's #10 would be cool since I like Alex (SF3). Maybe this should go in the bug section too if it is a bug.

Ideally #10 would be unlocked by doing a character's tutorial instead of a code (not sure why one exists). A code doesn't require effort with a character to earn that color, unlike story, arcade, online wins, but maybe I don't know the whole story. Not a huge deal, just an observation.

Last edited:
Reactions: BallotBoxer
So if BB has a #26 palette does that mean Parasoul can have a Asami Sato palette.....no okay.

Is anyone else not able to save an entourage that includes the super sekrit palette? Whenever I try to the game say that it was saved, but when I try to load it the game just reverts to whatever was saved beforehand. :(

Nevermind, this problem was fixed in the most recent beta patch :/

Last edited:
Mr. X and Pizzarino were talking about organizing an update back on page 26. If they need any screencaps I'm up for helping out.

Speaking of summaries, pages 28-30 of this thread was like
b22xYRh.jpg
Too bad the other characters don't have secret palettes to hunt too.

As for the PS3 Palette Unlock Code for the DLC characters, does it matter if the code was used before? I tried it and I don't think it works. Maybe I'm not inputting it correctly...

Is there a collection of all of the colors for all of eliza's different winposes anywhere?

That would be 200 different pictures. SGC is dedicated but I don't think we're that dedicated.
I mean... you can literally see all of the outfits of one color in two minutes (I timed myself, yes). Training mode, 1v1, death allowed, 1 pixel, then s.hp, hold button, rematch, repeat. There's a lot of outfits, and it's a tad tedious, but it would take one person not even an hour to gather all the outfits.

it would take one person not even an hour to gather all the outfits.

Then why don't you do it?

Then why don't you do it?
Because I don't want to. I don't even have PC SG installed, or Steam for that matter.

I wasn't asking why no one had done it already, or demanding someone do it, I was just curious about whether or not it had been, and noted that actually getting the screenshots (on a pc setup) shouldn't be that time consuming when it was implied otherwise.

I just remembered Robo-Fortune's palettes that didn't get in.

Dorothy, Doraemon, Metal Sonic, Marina, etc.

tumblr_n912d8csT31qfgjyzo2_500.jpg
Here's the picture someone posted a while back.

Last edited:
Here's the picture someone posted a while back.

You shouldn't double post. Just edit your last post.

All characters only have 25. What are the colors you see?

All characters only have 25. What are the colors you see?
did you miss the entire secret 26 palette controversy w/ big band or

Reactions: Era
Does anyone else have 26 colors? Can we experiment to find out?
I guess I missed it.

To recap, everyone but Big Band has 25 palettes, who has 26. There are no other secret palettes (as of now).

Win with Satchmo against a Solo Eliza using Dio's colors?

Win with Satchmo against a Solo Eliza using Dio's colors?
This us actually what I was thinking.

I got the palette and I never played vs any elizas using dio colors afaik

I think I fought Painwheel and Squigly? Something where I could build up enough meter over the course of a match without too much trouble landing the final blow. Either way, it was a ton of matches vs computer winning with the level 5. (I lost count, but was aiming for 26 wins with the super. Thankfully, you get a prompt indicating when you unlock the palette.)