• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Canada The Skullgirls Alberta thread! Fight me!!

Evilweevle

Of course i meant to do that!
Reaction score
PSN
Mrfossy
XBL
Mrfossy
Ms. Fortune Cerebella Squigly
ok so this is to see if there are any other skullgirls players in Alberta, Canada, other than myself.

if you are located in this region then at very least lets play some online games, im located in Calgary, so if you are nearby then let yourself be known!!!

GOSH DANG I'M IN EDMONTON.
ohhhhh I should hate you cause you're in Calgary, but you're a Skullgirls player so you can't be that bad.

The main reason I'm bumping this is because today in CMPUT class at the University of Alberta, somebody in front of me was watching Skullgirls matches on their laptop. Said person also has a Skullgirls icon on their desktop.

IF YOU, PERSON, READ THIS, I CHALLENGE YOU TO A BATTLE THURSDAY, THE NEXT TIME WE MEET IN CLASS.
I'M THE ONE WEARING THE STUPID HAT THAT'S ALSO IN MY PROFILE PICTURE

WE SHALL DO BATTLE LIKE GENTLEMEN. ENGUARDE!

Last edited:
Just noticed we have an Alberta thread. I'm so zetta slow.

I might not be able to replace the guy in your class, but I'm over at the UofA if you ever feel like playing a complete stranger.

I might not be able to replace the guy in your class, but I'm over at the UofA if you ever feel like playing a complete stranger.

Well I'm at the U of A right now.

We'll organize a time. Make this happen. Brah.

ohhhhh I should hate you cause you're in Calgary, but you're a Skullgirls player so you can't be that bad.

The main reason I'm bumping this is because today in CMPUT class at the University of Alberta, somebody in front of me was watching Skullgirls matches on their laptop. Said person also has a Skullgirls icon on their desktop.

IF YOU, PERSON, READ THIS, I CHALLENGE YOU TO A BATTLE THURSDAY, THE NEXT TIME WE MEET IN CLASS.
I'M THE ONE WEARING THE STUPID HAT THAT'S ALSO IN MY PROFILE PICTURE

WE SHALL DO BATTLE LIKE GENTLEMEN. ENGUARDE!

yo we hold tournies in calgary every 3 months on a sunday and theres a bunch of edmonton guys who usually come down. its mostly for games like sf4 and marvel etc since they have a lot more players, but i always take a setup for skullgirls as well.

the guys are planning something for may long weekend so you should see if you can make it to that and we can play a bunch of games. im pretty much the only serious player in calgary.

in the meantime though we should play online. ill add you and we can see if we can get some games in.

tfw no car tho

but yeah, online sounds good. I don't have Xbox, but I have PC.

it says you have psn? you have a ps3? i sent you a friend request already

yo edmonton is fucking free at skullgirls. your resets suck, your combos suck, your characters suck.

anyone wanna prove me wrong?

yo edmonton is fucking free at skullgirls. your resets suck, your combos suck, your characters suck.

anyone wanna prove me wrong?

Well considering Goodbye and myself seem to be the only people repping Skullgirls in Edmonton... that seems just about right.

I might be able to make it down to Calgary for the May long weekend though. Is there a website or something for it so I can check venue, games, etc?

Well considering Goodbye and myself seem to be the only people repping Skullgirls in Edmonton... that seems just about right.

I might be able to make it down to Calgary for the May long weekend though. Is there a website or something for it so I can check venue, games, etc?

noo i dont think its gonna have its own website or anything like that. its mainly just discussion among the calgary guys on SRK. not sure what games are gonna be happning yet for certain (cept for marvel, sf4, probs injustice, KI maybe) but ill keep people up to date.

im always up for SG casuals but i wouldnt think its likely wed get enough for a full tourney going since im like the only person who plays here.

Yooooooo, Alberta. Come to UFGT.

noo i dont think its gonna have its own website or anything like that. its mainly just discussion among the calgary guys on SRK. not sure what games are gonna be happning yet for certain (cept for marvel, sf4, probs injustice, KI maybe) but ill keep people up to date.

im always up for SG casuals but i wouldnt think its likely wed get enough for a full tourney going since im like the only person who plays here.

Just looked at the Calgary thread on SRK. Screw that noise. So yeah, I'd appreciate it if you keep me updated.

I'd be fine with just casuals. Might enter Injustice for fun, but I mainly just want to play a long set of SG, lose badly, and possibly learn a thing or two.

oh yea ha ha theres a bit of drama going on atm in the calgary thread. usually its pretty chill though. but yea ill keep this forum updated on any developments once i hear them.

Yooooooo, Alberta. Come to UFGT.

cant. money is an issue atm

So any updates on that May long weekend tourney?

well we had a tourney yesterday but it was all for streetfighter. i had a casual setup with skullgirls on and was able to get some games in with a dude whos picked it up recently.

i also did a MM with a guy from edmonton who placed 9th at evo when it was skullgirls 1st year, but since he hasnt played in like 2 years it was basically free money for me. not that i really cared about the money it was just cool to see people semi excited for something skullgirls related.

i havent watched the stream archive yet but perhaps ill post it on here once i find it. dont be expecting anything spectacular though itt was mainly for laughs.

I thought you said there wouldn't be a tourney. Maaaan, and to think I was in town that day too. :(

I thought you said there wouldn't be a tourney. Maaaan, and to think I was in town that day too. :(

there wasnt a skullgirls tourney. there was a SF4 one.

Yeah, I miss-remembered that part. Was still under the impression that Skullgirls was definitely not happening though.
Oh well. Let me know when the next Street fighter tournament rolls around.

Yeah, I miss-remembered that part. Was still under the impression that Skullgirls was definitely not happening though.

we do them every 3 months or so. theres always gonna be a skullgirls setup there as long as i am there, but im the only guy who plays

theres another tourny going on this weekend (sun 3rd aug) again mainly for streetfighter but ill have a casual setup there as usual and will have skullgirls on it (doubt there would be enough for even a small tourny though)

here is the program deets for the day

So fight pub is looking like this -

Venue Fee : None!

Time : 2pm - 4pm
Cost : Free
Game : UMVC3
Details : Character ban tournament! When you register, you get to ban 2 characters, those 2 characters will be unplayable for the entire tournament by anyone and everyone. Character bans will be lowered to 1 char if we receive more than 16 entrants (HA!) and they are not banned if you get them from random select.

Time : 4pm - 6pm
Cost : $5
Game : USF4
Details : Edition select tournament! Enjoy fighting 10 other people playing vanilla sagat!

Time : 6pm - 8pm
Cost : Free
Details : Team tournament! We will select 7-10 captains depending on turn out and they will in turn randomly draw for the 2 other members of their team. Matches are Best of One and bracket is double elim format. When you sign up I will give you a ticket - If you lose that ticket you will not get another one and you will not get to play.

Time : 8pm - 10pm
Cost : $5
Details : Top 16 Street Fighter! I've been keeping track of everyone's match history (see my sig) and will be letting only the top 16 players in Calgary enter into this tournament. If you are from Edmonton, you will be allowed to enter.

Time : 10pm - Close
Details : Casuals and vomit/slap matches (this is not real, do not try to make people vomit and/or slap them). Also I heard someone is gonna call out Falken in Third Strike?!

i think marvel is not happening due to lack of interest. its been on the low for the last few months.

Apologies for not replying to that last post. Actually, sorry for not even noticing it until now.
I suppose there's always Canada Cup eh?

yea it would be great if we can actually get some people together and have local matches. i dunno how many of you there are in edmonton but calgary is seriously lacking in players. i may bug the vancouver guys too and see if they will come out.

Would also be nice if we could get some offline matches in before Canada cup. Don't have any real offline experience and having your first be a major is kind of intimidating.