• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Skullgirls Modding Thread

@Fizzxwizz Well thanks for the answer. Your friend did an awesome job on the rainbow. And I see that you added Mike Z, you clever guy, you!

Reactions: Cadenza
Tried to make an alternate version of Class Notes, ended up not finishing for various reasons but I'll post what I had here anyways.

labnotes.jpg

(Brain Drain and R-Fortune were added in post, the game really doesn't like you messing with the boundaries of texture alphas)

Tried to make an alternate version of Class Notes, ended up not finishing for various reasons but I'll post what I had here anyways.

View attachment 9496
(Brain Drain and R-Fortune were added in post, the game really doesn't like you messing with the boundaries of texture alphas)
He just tried it, out of the blue. Nothing prompted it. No outside inspiration struck.
but it does look cool, though :P

That's super neat, yo!

What are the blueprints of?

Dr. Drain's Mean Dream Machine, of course. How else do you think Fukua was made?

Generic architecture blueprints I found offa google.

two old mods and one new mod

Based on the recent arcsys promo

I tried to replicate the look of negus' ps4 bug around the time that it happened, but I couldn't get it right and kinda gave up at this point

more or less a quick thing I did for jokes and kinda forgot about, I accidentally streamed with this mod on once.

YO that ASW stage is dope

If Steam Workshop supported SG, i'd totally toss some bones our way for it
=v

super late reply cause I'm a dingle.

Steam Workshop would be amazing, but given the stuff that would be involved in making it a thing, I doubt it'd ever be a thing. It would be a great boost to the modding community but part of me worries about the number of fanart appreciation dungeons that would get made. Honestly though, no bones about it, I can just make the files for any of these available. I'd just kinda hazard the usage of a stage like the ASW one cause the low light can complicate your ability to see stuff in matches.

Also slight relevance to topic, does anyone have any videos or tutorials that helped them learn Blender? This program terrifies me. It's like playing a fighting game for the first time except mashing on the buttons seems to have much more severe consequences. Whenever I try to do anything in it I get kinda legit overwhelmed.

Reactions: FirstNameBasis
Steam Workshop would be amazing

This will never happen because it'd require Lab Zero to make a modding API, which Mike definitely doesn't have the time to make. Skullgirls isn't exactly a game that thrives on user-created modifications, either.

Just so this post isn't me being a Deborah Downington, here's a pic of Val/Peacock outside Anna Killer. I'm pretty certain this is the only modded stage that uses custom geometry...

2015-06-29_00007.jpg

I like how Val's just looking at the screen like: "Yeah I'm eating a chocolate bar, why the heck are you staring for?"

Reactions: ACreationist
If I had the time, I'd probably do something with the announcer voice clips (if it's even possible) like use voice clips of Snoop Dogg or Stamper

from a small red barn in the middle nowhere

since I haven't gotten anything done in a while and I don't have much to talk about heres two projects I gave up on that I've had sitting around in retail

meridian rapid transit based on the end of robo's story mode. I gave up when I realized that the flat skyscrapers are actually incredibly small and messing with the textures gets messy, and that if I were to make any attempt to touch any of the buildings in the background the whole stage would probably break. I don't remember what exactly prompted me to start, I think it was robo buffs, but I also remember feeling weird about working on it because of the stuff that was going down in Turkey.

the death of this one was more self explanatory. It was a silly idea, and gehenna has WAY too much going on to easily replace most of the stuff inside it.

I need to get back to skullmodding. I'll probably wait till Beta is done being updated for good to use it as my testing ground.

I use UnpackGFS but I give .art files of characters and .png .dds of other textures and sprites.
How I can edit that .art files?

You can't. No one has figured out those file formats. (And even if they did, they would also have to defeat the hashing the game does to get them to load.)

You can't. No one has figured out those file formats. (And even if they did, they would also have to defeat the hashing the game does to get them to load.)
Just I want to change character sprites for this game.

Just I want to change character sprites for this game.
Late response, but I know that's what you wanted to do. That's what my answer was for. You can't because no one has figured out those file formats.