• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

What signs are there for Zelda not to return? Sakurai said it himself that he wanted more female characters in the game.
there are none which is why when the quote that i was talking about is silly, for think theres a small chance she won't be in it. I know she's going to be in it, and that's why it bugged me when that person was thinking she likley wouldn't be in it, even though their rant was about something else entirely.

It's subtle, but it's something. Though he might be pulling a Mike Z and just experimenting, as his comment was "Do note that all images are still in development. This and past pics may be different from the finished product. Thanks for understanding."

You sure he's not saying that because Pit's wings look extremely crooked in that shot?

Not to mention his pose pretty much sucks. The bow's on the other side of his leg and he can't pull that bow back any further without physical complications. And his wings do look kind of messed up. Though I like his overall appearance. The basic colours thing Sakurai is going for is really well done. It's making all the characters look really nice. Even Pit, who I genuinely dislike with a passion.

There are other people who don't like Pit? I thought I was alone, neat!

Aww man, Pit is one of my favorite Nintendo characters cause he has a, ya know, personality. Especially after Uprising, which is in my top 3 favorite games of all time.

Cause I mean, the rest are just kinda blank. Other than Luigi, Samus (at times) and the FE characters.

I like Pit too...
Oh well, opinions. They Subjective.
Anyway, hopefully we'll get some good reveals this week. I hope Sakurai used up his troll energy over the past two weeks

I hope Sakurai used up his troll energy over the past two weeks

Sorry, but at Chateau Sakurai, you get
c2daf969a6a21e4923366b9d31dfb5b8.png

Aww man, Pit is one of my favorite Nintendo characters cause he has a, ya know, personality. Especially after Uprising, which is in my top 3 favorite games of all time.

Cause I mean, the rest are just kinda blank. Other than Luigi, Samus (at times) and the FE characters.

Bowser is amoung my favourite characters of all time. He's so passionately persistent and it really inspires me.

Alright guys, been a while since we had a franchise discussion for Smash Bros.
Let's talk about Pokemon
What kinda characters would you want playable?
What sort of stages?
What Pokeball/assist trophies?
Or just regular trophies?

Personally, I think we'll get a lot of X & Y and Black & White, due to the fact they're the two Gens this time.
Playable, I kinda want the Pokemon Trainer mechanic to come back
Stage-wise, I want N's Castle
Pokeball-wise, I want Meowth to comeback
And regular Trophy I want Ghetsis

I want a good playable Mewtwo, though I'd take Blaziken.
Stagewise, fighting on the Luminose City tower would be cool. Maybe an actual gym instead of a random floating platform.
Pokeballs could be anything, though I would like to see Giratina this time.
Regular trophy, gimme my Poke-babe Elesa. BW 1 version with the short hair cause goddamn do I love short
jY7UTuc.gif

Alright guys, been a while since we had a franchise discussion for Smash Bros.
Let's talk about Pokemon
What kinda characters would you want playable?
What sort of stages?
What Pokeball/assist trophies?
Or just regular trophies?

Personally, I think we'll get a lot of X & Y and Black & White, due to the fact they're the two Gens this time.
Playable, I kinda want the Pokemon Trainer mechanic to come back
Stage-wise, I want N's Castle
Pokeball-wise, I want Meowth to comeback
And regular Trophy I want Ghetsis

Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken Poke trainer
Mewtwo, Pika, Jiggz
Pokemon Colesseum for the lolz (I really want that volcano stage from Battle Revolution though, as well as the City one on the water)
Not sure on pokeballs right now

how about instead of Pokemon i just answer this question in general since i don't care much for the pokemon series.
What kinda characters would you want playable? Travis touchdown, a FE character who doesn't use a sword, a shin megami tensei character.
What sort of stages? an advanced wars: days of ruin stage.
What Pokeball/assist trophies? Don't care that much
Or just regular trophies? Don't care that much.

You guys gotta remember Platinum wasn't out when Brawl came out. So there might be some stuff from that in Smash 4.

Stages: Distortion World, Plasma Frigate, Frozen Opelucid, or Lumiose City would work well.
Pokeballs: I swear to god if there's not a Sylveon somewhere in this game...
Music: Giratina music, N's final battle theme, Colress battle theme, some kind of super mix of all the gym themes in BW2, Team Plasma/Flare battle theme, and Unova/Kalos E4 theme are all mandatory. Any other music on top of that would just be nice extras.

What kinda characters would you want playable? Travis touchdown

You're a good person.

Look guys it's Olimar's spaceship. That's cool... to Sonic at least.

daily.jpg

Last edited:
Either this Olimar's Final Smash and Sakurai hasn't put in the rest of the effects yet, or he's just using debug options to screw with us again.

Yeah. This update truly confuses me.

Though maybe I get it...? The ship is a different size from Olimar and Sonic, who both respectively got upsized to fit in Smash... different sizes... making something smaller...
modea15_080317awk04.jpg

RIDLEY CONFIRMED

The ship goes from Final Smash to item? Damn, I knew money was tight in Pikmin 2, but this is insane.

Yeah, I just read the Miiverse post.
Turns out the ship is a bomb that launches up, then lands some place random with an explosion
It's basically a random Warp Star.

That was from Izuna, Legend of the Unemployed Ninja.
It was a character request that is never going to happen in one million years

ftfy

Cause honestly 99% of character requests are never going to happen.

it's like
"OH GEE I WANT METABEE IN HE WAS IN GBA GAMES AND GAMECUBE DISCS AND THERE'S A CHANCE THEY'RE RELATIONSHIP WITH NINTENDO IS GOOD"'
317294-medabots_metabee.jpg

Oh, i've heard of Izuna! Oh, but she would be 3rd party, right?

^Oh man, haven't heard of Medabots in years.

Yeah, and Sakurai basically said a 3Rd Party character would have to be "Legendary" to be In Smash Bros

Yeah, and Sakurai basically said a 3Rd Party character would have to be "Legendary" to be In Smash Bros

This. Sonic is a huge rival to Mario and part of Nintendo's history. Snake was requested in by Kojima for Melee and Sakurai said yes but it was too late in development. Mega Man was synonymous with Nintendo for the longest time. See: Captain N.

Related to that, the only other character I can see being in is Simon Belmont, and even then, that's only a 1% chance. Heck, even Pacman I have a hard time seeing because he never was anything for Nintendo.

Maybe this means his final smash is different?

What could he possibly have as a Final Smash though? Rock Pikmin?

Actually, speaking of Newcomers that I think have a chance, this guy:
Dillon_the_Last_Ranger_artwork.png

Not only that, but you can pick up his game for 200 coins on the 3DS if you're in North America now for a week. ALttP is also on there... and ALbW comes out soon. A hint towards a reveal possibly? One can hope.

Glad to know I'm not alone on this.

This. Sonic is a huge rival to Mario and part of Nintendo's history. Snake was requested in by Kojima for Melee and Sakurai said yes but it was too late in development. Mega Man was synonymous with Nintendo for the longest time. See: Captain N.

Related to that, the only other character I can see being in is Simon Belmont, and even then, that's only a 1% chance. Heck, even Pacman I have a hard time seeing because he never was anything for Nintendo.

Technically Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden could count considering Ninja Gaiden was more synonymous w/ Nintendo in the early days. Plus Team Ninja DID make a Dead or Alive game on the 3DS and we all know that those two franchises are in the same canon with each other. (At least I think that's been established by now)

What could he possibly have as a Final Smash though? Rock Pikmin?

I'd love to see an enemy from Pikmin attack. Like, the Goolix, Plasma Wraith, heck a Bulborb.

His new Final Smash probably has something to do with Pikmin 3, more than likely
Maybe that fucking freaky final boss appears and chases Olimar?

While I'm not usually on board with characters that aren't complete Nintendo classics, I am slightly on board with this dylan character. He's not much of a new twist and his moveset might be somewhat bland, it would add a new character archetype to the Smash-verse. Still though, not a big chance at all but I wouldn't mind seeing that. It doesn't seem totally out of place.

Back