• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Oh man, I just love the Forward-Air Robin used on Fox in the trailer, nice and meaty looking, with some crazy hitstun.

Oh man, I just love the Forward-Air Robin used on Fox in the trailer, nice and meaty looking, with some crazy hitstun.

1908391_774743422547602_5848727900238285010_n.jpg

I won't be convinced until he judo throws someone so hard they explode twice (SEGA SATAAN, SHIRO)
well, he does hit dudes with punches and kicks that explode.

and I don't think I need to go into which of the characters he's portrayed does that.

yeah but don't act like Segata Sanshiro isn't the greatest hero Earth has ever known
he gave his life to protect the Dreamcast
but alas
a true tragic hero

yeah but don't act like Segata Sanshiro isn't the greatest hero Earth has ever known
he gave his life to protect the Dreamcast
but alas
a true tragic hero
oh yeah he is. but then again anyone Hiroshi Fujioka plays is the greatest hero on earth.

because every character he plays is real. you think the stuff he's done is shows but it was all real life.

As I said, I'm 100% fine with the Roster ow, and eagerly await any future Veterans, as well as the remaining newcomers.
This is a great roster

It is a nice roster. Probably the first Smash game to make me vastly interested in nearly every single newcomer. As soon as I find a personal favorite, a new one is announced and I'm back to square one. It started with Villager, and I said to myself 'WELP. This is gonna be my character isn't it.' And then Greninja was announced, in which I said the exact same thing, and then Palutena, and now Robin.

It's like trying to pick a favorite child amongst the greatest children you could ever ask for.

And don't forget, we still have one or two newcomers left, not even counting unlockables.
As well as some veterans left to return.
Let's still hope for Wario, Meta Knight, and Ness.

Dr. Stewarts theme should be the theme for Final Destination.

Give the Captain his theme. the one that defines every fan's thoughts of Captain Falcon.

I know forever, he will be my hero. And now I know I'm not just a dreamer.

I wounder how many color's Robin will get (because you and I both know that were wondering if we will be getting atleast something resembling our Robins we used in our run throughs [obliviously not wondering if we can import them that would be ludicrous])

I agree. They're making Villager's alt colors change models, why shouldn't Robin's do the same.

To be fair, Villager's got a super simple model.
I mean,
zlCfzR7moQEG6Tq6xO.0_cinema_640.0.jpeg

you can't look at their hair or simplistic clothes and tell me a ton of detail is being put into them.
But with how complex Robin's model is, I can't see us getting anything beyond something like Link's SS tunic or Americario.

Ya know. I've always wanted like offbrand smash with like an original story and an art aesthetics that looks decent. All stars tried but it didn't scratch that itch very well...and airdashers online went away.

Sort of a bummer really.

Hope you guys like Lucina info:
zlCfzSKwan8kYb6zyf

"Pic of the day. Along with Robin, Lucina joins the battle!! Her physical ablilites are identical to Marth's--it must be in her D.N.A. However, where Marth's power is concentrated in the tip of the sword, Lucina's attack strength is balanced throughout the weapon, which might make her easier to control. She's also a little bit shorter than Marth."
zlCfzSKwa6YCEBWvAZ

"With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually."
zlCfzSKwbEI1Fr6F_j

"By the way…there's probably no chance you'll be able to see this in the game, but Lucina has the mark of Naga in her left eye."

Lucina confirmed for Roy 1.5, separate slot on the CSS, Eye of Naga in her eye.

One dumb argument closed, good. I have no issue with Lucina existing as a clone since she's supposed to be a "fake" marth in the games too, but this better not mean we're getting a handful of other clones. The roster doesn't need to be bloated any more, it's already big enough.

Back