• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

New footage with direct audio. Arena Ferox looks to be a good stage. Tourney legal too, maybe I hope

Also nice use of Id ~ Hope. Great choice on the stage.

If you don't play competitively why do you give a shit what's tourney legal? It has no bearing on what you do or will play.

I'm gonna put all the tourney legal stages up my butt then poop them out then no one will want to play on them
and that's how ruin singlehandedly destroyed comp smash
ahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahahahahyahahhhhhahhaah

If you don't play competitively why do you give a shit what's tourney legal? It has no bearing on what you do or will play.
HEY, you there! QUIT THAT!

Reactions: Hemijack and Jutsei
Unless you like watching tourneys and don't want to be bored by TOP TIERS ONLY NO ITEMS BATTLEFIELD.

I like people playing what they want...Cause I'm certainly not playing for thousands in pot money. Like I would certainly be pissed if I was playing in a tournament and then I got killed by a random stage hazard, item spawning slightly closer to someone else, or because I picked the smash equivelent of deejay just to appease fans.

The argument is always that smash players should just "adjust," when like everything is done basically in the name of reducing random variables so that it ultimately is reduced down to reflexes, knowledge, and footsies. I mean the game might have these things with items on but beating someone with no variables leaves no excuses. Whereas some items are almost certainly inescapable death.

Last edited:
Unless you like watching tourneys and don't want to be bored by TOP TIERS ONLY NO ITEMS BATTLEFIELD.

Melee has a colorful enough selection of tourney-legal stages so I'm sure Smash 4 will too. Plus we now have alternate-skinned FD's. I wouldn't worry about that too much.

The only thing I see that would keep Arena Ferox from being legal is some runaway loops on some transformations. They aren't permanent though so it should be legal or counter pick, I think. It might just end up like Pokemon Stadium transformations where both players wait out some of the less desirable ones haha.

There was a time in my life when I thought legal stages only consisted of stages that were structurally identical to Battlefield or Final Destination.

Well you wouldn't be too wrong with that, but that's more of a byproduct of the real reasons more than anything else.

Melee is just full of some pretty bad competitive stages haha.

Pokemon Stadium is legal though, despite some of the transformations (the fire one with 2 pillars...) being really really bad.

Pokemon Stadium without the transformations though, is my favourite stage (thank you P:M)

tfw street fighter regional name mix ups in smash

35c.jpg

New footage with direct audio. Arena Ferox looks to be a good stage. Tourney legal too, maybe I hope

Also nice use of Id ~ Hope. Great choice on the stage.
It has that one transformation with the wall, but since it's a transformation like Pokemon stadium, it should be fine.

More new footage.

I'm a little sad that Viridi is just a picture and not a full 3D model, but the actual stage looks a lot more fun than I first thought. The second section isn't as clusterfucky as I expected. The only thing is that one three sided room of doom when DK uses the Home Run Bat. Looks cray.

I played project M for the first time yesterday with a couple friends, I found that 1v1 was plenty of fun but with all 4 players it felt a lot harder to get what was going on and react fast enough T~ T, although I never had that problem in brawl.

I played project M for the first time yesterday with a couple friends, I found that 1v1 was plenty of fun but with all 4 players it felt a lot harder to get what was going on and react fast enough T~ T, although I never had that problem in brawl.

I get that feeling too. Brawl as a four player party game is a lot of fun, and the slightly slower nature helps it a bit. If I'm playing Smash, it'll rarely be one on one, hence why I prefer Brawl for that.

PM is much better for One on One, that is for sure. Everything is catered towards it.

Did you try Ivysaur? Solarbeam is the coolest thing ever, and feels so satisfying to pull off.

I just down air L-Cancel to Knees with falcon, it is really fun. also running up to someones face and triple reversing a falcon punch can be the scariest thing ever for them.

More new footage.

I'm a little sad that Viridi is just a picture and not a full 3D model, but the actual stage looks a lot more fun than I first thought. The second section isn't as clusterfucky as I expected. The only thing is that one three sided room of doom when DK uses the Home Run Bat. Looks cray.
I'm usually not the one to laugh at some voice clips of a character but holy cow I know what you guys are talking about wit Fox now. Christ... That was comical.

I'm telling you
that has to be his Star Fox 64 voice actor or something

Did you try Ivysaur? Solarbeam is the coolest thing ever, and feels so satisfying to pull off.
No, I only got to play Mewtwo, masked man Lucas, Ness and Ike before I had to leave. But I did fight an ivysaur and that solar beam is amazing.

I recommend trying P:M Ganondorf, even if just to feel all those buffs they gave him. He is faster, stronger, he's the first member of the DK crew he has better reach, better normals, much better recovery time on his moves, and most importantly... they got rid of his awful run animation from Vanilla Brawl.

I believe the only thing they didn't completely change for P:M was his Brawl "Grab 'n Choke" Side-B... which was buffed.

IT'S COMING GUYS

THE REVEAL THAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

ME

RUIN RUINS THE ENTIRE GAME
COMING TO NINTENDO WII U AND 3DS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

Reactions: Hemijack and Φ
I recommend trying P:M Ganondorf, even if just to feel all those buffs they gave him. He is faster, stronger, he's the first member of the DK crew he has better reach, better normals, much better recovery time on his moves, and most importantly... they got rid of his awful run animation from Vanilla Brawl.

I believe the only thing they didn't completely change for P:M was his Brawl "Grab 'n Choke" Side-B... which was buffed.
Didn't they just turn him into Melee 'Dorf (a.k.a. FalClone) other than the choke?

Didn't they just turn him into Melee 'Dorf (a.k.a. FalClone) other than the choke?
His attacks are based more around his Melee form, but I think there are properties on some of his moves that are not from his Brawl or Melee iterations.

Personally I think if we're getting a Newcomer, it'll be someone heavily requested in America...
Someone with a Big backing behind him
... I don't know who your'e talking about.

Me?
Why yes, I would agree.

Everyone will be stunned by Ruin's fantastic "Unpopular Opinion" moveset, filled with all sorts of destructive subjectivity that will set any forum ablaze!

Be sure to keep those RPG fans away from his awesome final smash: "Super Paper Mario is a Terrible Game"! They won't know what hit them once he gets set off!