• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Also some people think that because it's a month away, character reveals will kick into overdrive.
If Ganondorf is actually shown tomorrow, I'm going to eat a hat.

If they're right, hopefully that means stage reveals will kick into overdrive as well. And I mean moreso than they've already been. 3DS is still missing Metroid, Yoshi, Kirby, Star Fox, F-Zero, Pikmin and Wii Fit representation. (And any franchise still left unconfirmed)

I don't think we'll get any new Mother stages... *Sniff*

If they're right, hopefully that means stage reveals will kick into overdrive as well. And I mean moreso than they've already been. 3DS is still missing Metroid, Yoshi, Kirby, Star Fox, F-Zero, Pikmin and Wii Fit representation. (And any franchise still left unconfirmed)

I'm going to say that Pikmin and Wii Fit are going to have the same stage on console and handheld - call it a hunch.

As for Metroid, gimme dat Fusion stage. Prime Hunters would be okay to so long as there's a gunfight among the other bounty hunters in the background.

There are also words for people who believe the new entry in a franchise will always be the best for no reason other than because it's new.

Oh no, optimism!

If we were all pessimistic and worried it won't be as good as a previous one, why would companies even attempt to make a new game? They'd just rerelease old ones. Look out for The Last of Us: Remastered Remastered coming to PS4 early next year!

And I still think we might get another character reveal trailer this month, with one last one for next month.
It's either that, or a big ole' trailer dropping a bunch of veterans, and the rest of the newcomers with trailer.
We'll know if we ever get news for our Nintendo Direct this month (assuming Hyrule Warriors Direct didn't cannibalize it)

I wanna say the last newcomer reveal will be the day before the JP release

How awesome would that be, a timer for release, then all of a sudden, CHALLENGER APPROACHING "Here's our last new character <barring DLC>! Now get the game!"

I REALLY hope DLC will be (EVENTUALLY) supported, eventually.
Sakurai deserves at least 6 months of break time once he's finished with this beast, he could use a vacation before working on it some more.

But I agree, one last treat before it launches would be good.
Watch it be Ridley for the maximum drawing out of that character.

Reactions: Lavama
Well, they did find the placeholder data for 16 tracks and 4 cups (that would contain those said 16 tracks) as well as more Karts in Mario Kart 8. I'm sure that if there IS DLC planned, by the time the game is released and data mined, we'll know.

Well, they did find the placeholder data for 16 tracks and 4 cups (that would contain those said 16 tracks) as well as more Karts in Mario Kart 8. I'm sure that if there IS DLC planned, by the time the game is released and data mined, we'll know.

Whoa what. Goddammit why didn't I know this sooner.

In terms of DLC for Smash, it's possible, but I won't hold my breath.

Also some people think that because it's a month away, character reveals will kick into overdrive.
If Ganondorf is actually shown tomorrow, I'm going to eat a hat.

What I'm expecting is 1 newcomer trailer this month, 1 newcomer trailer next month, and 1 more veteran reveal next month (probably Wario). Everyone else unnanounced will automatically be unlockables. I'm also expecting at least 1 character from each franchise with multiple characters to be unlockable, as well as all the 3rd parties.

If they do start going crazy with reveals I'll be really surprised and disappointed; I don't want to know everything before the game launches.

Oh no, optimism!

If we were all pessimistic and worried it won't be as good as a previous one, why would companies even attempt to make a new game? They'd just rerelease old ones. Look out for The Last of Us: Remastered Remastered coming to PS4 early next year!

Okay, let me fix that.

There are also words for people who believe the new entry in a franchise will always be the best for no reason other than because it's new. Even after the game launches. No matter how good or bad the game is, because quantity over quality.

DON'T YELL AT ME or I'll cry.

Also that would still make him a swordsman. Just, a little more unique I s'pose.

Still though, we got a month before the final roster.
Unless, like, Sakurai is holding a few special characters for the Wii U version, who will be free DLC characters for the 3DS version when it comes out.
Which I HIGHLY doubt

I don't want him to use a sword. That'd make him sword-user #3,439 in this game.

Including Miis, there are 7 people who use a sword as their primary weapon currently confirmed. Including Miis, there are 16 that use their fists/body as their primary weapon. This doesn't include Charizard and Bowser who technically use their claws nor Pikachu who primarily uses electricity.

Geesh, never realized how many sword users there are, I'm not complaining but goodness.
I'm still curious if they're touching Wario up to have more Wario Land moves?
I hope he still has that motorcycle

It's not that there are too many sword users.

It's just there are too many sword users that are virtually the same character.

IE Toon Link and Lucina to their counterparts.

Reactions: Hemijack and Smilax
We all knew it would happen, but Meta Knight's reveal officially has Smash 4's roster matched for numbers with Brawl. Even if we didn't get any more newcomers, just getting 2 more vets would put this roster over 40 characters (this counts PT's Pokemon, Zelda/Sheik, Zero Suit/Samus and the 3 Mii Fighter Classes separate from each other.)

r3___current_3ds_wiiu_ssb_characters_by_quas_quas-d7505vb.png

Look at that damn fine roster.

And with the rest of the vets, and one or two more newcomers, this game is gonna rock.

Would everyone agree that it's better than Brawl's roster at this point?

Aside from the obvious missing ones (Ness especially), I think so.

But the return of ROB, Wolf and Lucas would make me a real happy camper.

I was actually talking to a friend how awesome it would be for them to add Wolf.

I really liked Wolf.

I hope we still end up getting some secret newcomers that aren't clones (in the loose sense of just being based on another moveset).
I don't know why, I'm spoiling myself to the final roster the second I can, and getting the secret characters'll just be a hassle.
But still, I hope it happens.

I finally found out who will take the fighter slot of my Miis besides myself and Alexander. he will be an unstoppable force of destruction the likes of which no one has ever seen.

Surely no one can defeat the destructive might of,

1306_ghandi.jpg

GHANDI!

Smash Bros needs a good Civ rep
he seems like the Mahatma for the job

Holy shit.

I have been playing Brawl since December of '07 (what a month) and I discovered something I never knew about today.

Lucas's PSI Magnet actually does damage if you have it "open" right near an enemy. And it does pretty decent knockback.

Wow.

Also yeah I'm totally playing a buttload of Brawl to hype it and I remember why I love this game so much. It's my favorite party game, and I don't mean that in a mean, "competitive smash is a joke" kinda way. Brawl is a fun, casual party game.

I finally found out who will take the fighter slot of my Miis besides myself and Alexander. he will be an unstoppable force of destruction the likes of which no one has ever seen.

Surely no one can defeat the destructive might of,

1306_ghandi.jpg

GHANDI!

Reactions: YoYoCheese
Holy shit.

I have been playing Brawl since December of '07 (what a month) and I discovered something I never knew about today.

Lucas's PSI Magnet actually does damage if you have it "open" right near an enemy. And it does pretty decent knockback.

Wow.

Also yeah I'm totally playing a buttload of Brawl to hype it and I remember why I love this game so much. It's my favorite party game, and I don't mean that in a mean, "competitive smash is a joke" kinda way. Brawl is a fun, casual party game.
did you also know Lucas becomes amazing when you switch your controls to d-pad movement?

Holy shit.

You know... I didn't want to be the one to say it, but Robin's healing move isn't the ONLY one that damages opponents. I was like "But Sakurai... Uh..."

And I'm using this as further evidence that Lucas isn't returning ;P

I think Robin's Nosferatu will actually transfer Robin's Damage Percentage to the person who gets hit by it, only just doing damage when Robin has 0%

daily-en.jpg

"Pic of the day. Here's Beat! And Plant Barrier!! These are some of Mega Man's custom special moves. You might be able to use some signature boss-like moves from the Mega Man series, too."

So I join the battle, in bird-form I guess. That's cool.

Last edited: