• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

*Coughs*

lozenge_tin_1260165218.jpg

Reactions: Hemijack and Lavama
Man I'm glad that got cleared.

There isn't really anything new at the moment unfortunately.

I wonder if the 3ds version will have its own tournaments alongside the Wii U version. Most likely small side tournaments.

Significantly fewer, primarily because it's on a handheld, making tournaments a pain in the ass to get working due to large numbers of 3DS's trying to connect to one another in a small space.

The Wii U version will be the standard tournament version. 3ds will just be the reason they don't need very many TVs for players to goof off with until their next match.

It could have it's own tournies due to different stages, but it would be hard to do stuff with cause a 3DS Capture Card to "stream" it would be hard to get. I mean, you can get them but they're like $500 and need to be hardwired into the system. No streams, no community.

guys, I have like, 7 characters I want to main in this game.

Seriously.

We're 29 days away from knowing the full 3DS roster.
Correction, we're AT MOST 29 days away. Gotta remember for when some small roadside store slips up and breaks release date.

I'll really appreciate if if y'all would be kind enough to use spoiler tags liberally when we hit September.
You're telling a fisherman not to reel in his catch and show that sucker to his fishing buddies.

AKA you're asking the impossible and if you don't want to see those catches, don't get on the boat.

I'm pretty sure I was the one who called revealing how to unlock characters without revealing the characters. Then maybe put the characters in a spoiler in the spoiler.

Though I'm not going to bother with obvious character unlocks like "Play five times on Pyrosphere!" or something like that.

Reactions: Jutsei
I'm pretty sure I was the one who called revealing how to unlock characters without revealing the characters. Then maybe put the characters in a spoiler in the spoiler.

Though I'm not going to bother with obvious character unlocks like "Play five times on Pyrosphere!" or something like that.
Yeah I remember, Dr. Sanity's eternally the cool guy of this thread.

Reactions: Dr.Sanity
Circle jerk all you want, but if I find some interesting stuff, it's gettin' posted. (I feel like I'm already a bad guy in this thread so I dun care)

I'm just gonna outright post the stuff.

Reactions: Rellek
Circle jerk all you want, but if I find some interesting stuff, it's gettin' posted. (I feel like I'm already a bad guy in this thread so I dun care)
There are no bad guys in Smash Bros! :PUN:

There are no bad guys in Smash Bros! :PUN:

Except Ganon. Bowser. Tabuu. Mewtwo. Sometimes Dedede.

And of course:

modea15_080317awk04.jpg

And of course:

modea15_080317awk04.jpg
Can you shrink down that image? It seems to be too big for my computer.

So that's what Wolf looks like without his fur and armor.

And of course:

modea15_080317awk04.jpg
It was more of a joke for Smash 4's lack of villains haha.

Would it be to much to just make a separate thread specifically for spoiler free smash talk?
-_-

I personally dont care much, but I'll try to be nice...

Would a spoil-free thread also mean ixnay on secret characters? It would especially sting if one of my top picks got confirmed and I couldn't gush because anyone revealed now is pretty much guaranteed not to be starter.

I won't tell anyone if you post in this thread. I promise :)

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Proper Spoiler Etiquette:
-Anything not officially announced (AKA leaks) should be in spoilers.
-Secret characters/stages/music/whatever that requires unlocks should be in spoilers.
-Full spoilering of everything not officially announced should continue until the American launch of the game.
-It'd be nice to give everyone a week after the American launch to do some unlocking themselves before immediately coming out and saying "THIS CHARACTER IS IN THE GAME OMG GUYZ".
-Lose all respect for anyone who doesn't have any manners when it comes to spoilers. Everyone has a different definition of spoilers, just cause one person is a bit more sensitive about them doesn't mean they should have to avoid this thread, DDB.

It's the same as trying to avoid newcomer trailers, you guys are going to have to be exceptionally skilled at browsing the internet.