• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I thought the problem with Soul Calibur 5 was that you could play as anyone as a clone character. Most of the time you had little reason to actually choose a main character as you can mostly make what you wanted. Trust me, that Pyramid Head was never far from the select screen.

Mii's provide an interesting scenario where they're technically their own thing. If you choose another character it's just another character, no drawbacks.

Also, did we talk about Mii's being assigned to nicknames? That would be cool, I hope it would also work for custom moves in general.

Not necessarily on the size changes; If the size/weight factors only do size classes like Mario Kart (small/light, medium, heavy/large), then a tourney standard could be agreed upon. You may be right on if there's no default move loadout, however, since custom specials being unlocks means there needs to be a default anyway if you are expected to unlock others (beyond unlocking the characters themselves.)

I'm doing the thing where I stay up really late to look at a shitty picture again.

It's Saturday, dude, no Miiverse pics on weekends. You can go to bed.

OR NOT, because super infodump time! Among other things, Lugia is back as a Poke Ball summon, Kirby has a new color based on Meta Knight sans-mask, and more.

Reactions: Jutsei
It's Saturday, dude, no Miiverse pics on weekends. You can go to bed.

OR NOT, because super infodump time! Among other things, Lugia is back as a Poke Ball summon, Kirby has a new color based on Meta Knight sans-mask, and more.
ARE YOU SERIOUS. THANK YOU.

e3hzWZO.jpg

200px-BombBoo.png
Top right, Kirby Palette Swap

You know, after looking at the Mii page it sure seems plausible for them to have events revolve around them. Those character-themed hats are a little hard to pass up.

Like "Defeat some of Smash's greatest faces, and their cosplayers!?"

Peach's golf club confirmed. I remember people were worried that it's gone and was replaced with the tennis racket only.

Apparently Lucina's hints at a lot of her moves having different properties than Marth's. Nothing said, but it says her Shield Breaker is different...?!? Judging from the picture, it looks like it causes dizzy status (though it could be customized)

C8Jpd8e.jpg

Holy shit the Ike Kirby
OH GOD MK ALT KIRBY WITH MK POWERS
FOX. META. KNIGHT.

xfM77yV.jpg

Dragon canon Gunner and Date Masamune Swordsman too cool.

I'm so using that samurai outfit for my Mii.

I hope we get a plant-based weapon skin for the gunner, I've got a character that that would go great with

Apparently Lucina's hints at a lot of her moves having different properties than Marth's. Nothing said, but it says her Shield Breaker is different...?!? Judging from the picture, it looks like it causes dizzy status (though it could be customized)
Marth's does that too? If you break someone's shield with shield breaker... they go into dizzy state... did you know that? Please tell me you knew that...

So unless I got a false translation, metaknight's tornado now has a vacuum effect.

I wish there was a trash can item so I can put Meta Knight in it.
There already is. Although there isn't enough space for Meta Knight now, after they shoved Ridley into it.

What did I tell you?
All he needs now is four levels of x-factor and he'll be completely balanced,
ensuring complete
Global (Smash Power)
saturation.

Reactions: Rellek and Lavama
you sure that isn't an unmasked meta knight there, pally

Unmasked_Meta_knight.png
Meta Knight is a very deep blue, while this Kirby color looks like more of a dark purple/black. I mean, I highly doubt Bomb Boos are the inspiration for this color, but they look pretty damn close to one another. Of course it could be an unmasked meta knight and the screenshot is just really shitty quality and way too dark. Though if it is, that raises the question as to why Kirby has an unmasked Meta color instead of Meta Knight having a maskless alt.

because meta knight wouldn't not wear his mask to a battle
dude books it the minute that shit gets scuffed
he can't let anyone know that he's adorable
NO ONE CAN KNOW

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
because meta knight wouldn't not wear his mask to a battle
dude books it the minute that shit gets scuffed
he can't let anyone know that he's adorable
NO ONE CAN KNOW

And Little Mac wouldn't wear his pink jumpsuit to an official match, but you can keep that on.

And Little Mac wouldn't wear his pink jumpsuit to an official match, but you can keep that on.
Meta knight wears his mask because he doesn't want anyone to see his real face.
Little mac wears his boxing gear for practicality mostly.
Kind of a big difference. It's not out of character for Little Mac to walk out of his house with his pink hoody on.

Meta knight wears his mask because he doesn't want anyone to see his real face.
Little mac wears his boxing gear for practicality mostly.
Kind of a big difference. It's not out of character for Little Mac to walk out of his house with his pink hoody on.

The real reason is I don't care and just want a maskless alt. It's smash ffs, shit don't have to make sense.

or walk out with his pink hoodie than rip it off to reveal his second pink hoodie

Fingers crossed.

It's a reference to Five Nights at Freddy's where one of the robots trying to murder you runs down the hallway just like what Fox is doing. That'll only leave you a few seconds to close to door before he reaches you.

he's also the best part of the game
everything else is shite but Foxy is great

Foxy's a piece of work, I'll tell ya what. Now how about that G-g-g-GOLDEN FREEEEDDDY?

unlike you i didn't stutter
Honey, did you really have to back sass me? I think we need some time apart.

Anyway, just a little while longer until the game comes out.

EB's 20th anniversary is coming up in japan soon

Sakurai is getting that Ninten reveal locked and loaded