• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

it's more that the game doesn't tell as much of a story compared to the other two games
but like I said
I really like Ness (even if I think that smash bros Ness is a bit of a boring interpretation of him)

Edit: TechPowah get it. He gets it.

we could have Giegue instead
his angry mewtwo form needs some love too ;-;

Only thing that disappoints me about the Duck Hunt newcomer is that their supposed playstyle reminds me a lot of Banjo & Kazooie.

Oh, what could have been...

Reactions: TailsWorld1
Guys, what if Giygas is a stage and nobody ever wins on it?

Supposed playstyle? From a character we haven't even seen in-game yet? I think it's still too early to even gauge Bowser Jr. and Shulk's playstyles yet, let alone Duck Hunt Animals.

Reactions: Crayolan
all I care about from Ludwig is the tongue move
because that's all I need to steal your girl

I would've been all "WOWWIE, they look hella fun! Can't wait to try em out!" if the leak had never happened. Note, this applies to all the leaked characters.

Reactions: Jake Was Here
Supposed playstyle? From a character we haven't even seen in-game yet?
All I know, according to sources quoting the leaker, is that an Aves and a Caniformia will work together to perform attacks. That's all I need to hear to be reminded of my good ol' N64.

So did anyone else notice the trophy descriptions in this game are self aware?

Examples:
5Z7B80x.jpg

G5XIPGH.jpg

It feels like Sakurai could have written these himself. I can't wait to just go through the trophy gallery, read all these and laugh my ass off.

some of them are a bit mean-spirited

and the medusa description can't even understand the cuteness appeal of gorgons
such lightweights

Apparently Sakurai changed his Mii on Miiverse and it looks a wee bit angry.

When it's all said and done, you know what the absolute worst part of this leak is? No reaction vids or freakouts over the unexpected newcomers. I mean, could you imagine the insanity a Duck Hunt Dog trailer would cause? Completely out of left field, no one was expecting it, but BAM, THERE IT IS. People would go ballistic, there would be meltdowns, it would be glorious. And now all that is lost. Not only for DHD (the one that would probably be the biggest deal), but for Shulk and Bowser Jr. as well. I know that I wouldn't be surprised by Shulk (though I would be very excited!), but Bowser Jr and DHD would throw me completely off guard. And years from now we won't even have videos of people freaking out to look back on and remember how big of a deal these characters could have been, like we do for every other newcomer.

I hate leaks.

I think it does have angry eyebrows now, yeah.

Seriously though, I feel Crayolan.
It's why I'm gonna try to pretend this "leak" didn't happen.
Or at least the character/video related ones didn't.

Good luck. Any surprise from now on will be feigned to the extreme, I just sorta lost all the hype for this game.

that the thing about leaks
they don't generate hype
they kill hype
they ruin lives and tear families apart
all so some jackoff can have his 15 seconds of fame before getting whacked by the vidya leak Yakuza

Coin battle shit. Ness tomorrow or riot.

Edit: Wait no spectator mode shit.

zlCfzSXcLdMccaVs2k

"Pic of the day. Spectator Mode is available even on the compact 3DS version!! In this mode, you can watch players all around the world fight and make bets with in-game Gold. Wager wisely by checking out the player names, rules, win rates, odds, fighters, and stage!!"

zlCfzSXcLvEIpuhj-d

"Being able to cheer someone on is what really makes spectating matches fun. This time, 1st and 2nd place will get prizes in four-player matches, and spectators can bet the gold they win on bonus Chances."

Reactions: Hemijack
I can count the amount of times I spectated online matches in Brawl with one hand.

Reactions: Rellek
Of course Sakurai would win in the second pic.

Sorry, did I say Sakurai? I meant Dedede, they are so interchangeable, I keep confusing the two.

Oh look, something I could be excited about if it wasn't leaked earlier today.

I can count the amount of times I spectated online matches in Brawl with one hand.
I can do that on 0 hands.

Leak 100% confirmed though. Up from 99.9999999%

The omega form next to the stage name was also in one of the leaked images

In case anyone is still in denial

Remember.

Tomorrow is Ness Day.

No no it's one of those play weddings

Kids do that all the time right

Just read the last fifteen pages. First Yu Wan's exclusion in SG, and now K. Rool and Isaac here too? This year has been an obvious sign to the coming apocalypse. #TeamFake 5ever << >>

Now that I can actually use the coins for something (trophies and buying power ups and outfits), I can see myself betting

Always pick Marth tho

also the Famitsu screens are out in good quality now
tumblr_nax1em77DJ1sxpdnko9_1280.png