• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Urgh, Dark Pit...he and Lucina are wastes of character slots.

Think of them more as bonus character slots.
Because that's kinda what they are.

Wastes of bonus character slots.

Reactions: Smilax and Φ
They should have been costumes...like the Koopalings.
The way I see it, less clones, more costumes and characters based on other characters but plays noticeably differently.

They should have been costumes...like the Koopalings.
The way I see it, less clones, more costumes and characters based on other characters but plays noticeably differently.

And the way the dev team sees it, we've got enough time to make a couple characters, but only model and stat changes we don't have time to give them new animations outside of taunts, intros, and one or two specific moves that wouldn't make sense for the character to use (Dark Pit's FS, Lucina's neutralB).
And since we can make a few more characters out of reskins, there's no reason not to, because it's better than nothing.

And the way the dev team sees it, we've got enough time to make a couple characters, but only model and stat changes we don't have time to give them new animations outside of taunts, intros, and one or two specific moves that wouldn't make sense for the character to use (Dark Pit's FS, Lucina's neutralB).
And since we can make a few more characters out of reskins, there's no reason not to, because it's better than nothing.
And this way, we will force the players to waste time unlocking characters they don't want. Now to go bathe in our giant piles of money.

But I do kinda forgive them because of Little Mac, Pac-Man, MegaMan and the enemies in Smash Run.

And this way, we will force the players to waste time unlocking characters they don't want. Now to go bathe in our giant piles of money.

They're not forcing you to do anything.
Nor do they receive any more money based on these characters, in fact logistically they probably lost money making them, not an awful lot but some.

You... you do realize that you don't need to unlock one character to unlock the others, right?
Also, Nintendo doesn't get any extra money from the time spent playing the game; once you buy it, the only additional money made for Nintendo will be DLC.

But I am forced to fight them.
The giant piles of money don't come from the extra characters, but rather the fact that they are Nintendo.

But I am forced to fight them.

Why do you care?
???

The giant piles of money don't come from the extra characters, but rather the fact that they are Nintendo.

So basically what you're saying is that this fact is entirely unrelated to any assertion or claim you're making okay then good to know.

Nevermind. *enters a rocket and flies off* *rocket hits the moon and blows up*

SUPER PAPER MARIO IS A GOOD GAME WITH THE BEST STORY/WRITING IN THE SERIES BUT KINDA BLAND GAMEPLAY OKAY GOODBYE.

I AGREE WITH THIS PERSON ON THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE.
IT WAS FINE, BUT NOT GREAT, THOUGH THE STORY AND CHARACTERS WERE FUN. IT HAD A FEW POORLY DESIGNED LEVELS, (CHAPTER TWO COMES TO MIND) AND THE GAMEPLAY WAS SUB-PAR, BUT OVERALL IT WAS AN ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE.

I AGREE WITH THIS PERSON ON THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE.
IT WAS FINE, BUT NOT GREAT, THOUGH THE STORY AND CHARACTERS WERE FUN. IT HAD A FEW POORLY DESIGNED LEVELS, (CHAPTER TWO COMES TO MIND) AND THE GAMEPLAY WAS SUB-PAR, BUT OVERALL IT WAS AN ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE.

I LIKE TO INTERPRET CHAPTER 2 AS AN ARTFUL COMMENTARY ON THE STATE OF THE RPG GENRE.
OR SOME KIND OF ARTISTIC STATEMENT.
IT DEFINITELY FELT TOO INTENTIONAL TO BE NOTHING.

I DO BELIEVE WE CAN ALL AGREE ON CHAPTER 3 BEING, AS THE KIDS WOULD CALL IT THESE DAYS, 'THE SHIT.'

OH YES, CHAPTER THREE OF SUPER PAPER MARIO RANKS AMONG MY FAVOURITE LEVELS IN RPGS.
IT IS A VERY FUNNY, LIGHTHEARTED ROMP AND HAS SOME OF THE BEST HUMOR IN THE SERIES.
TRULY, IT IS 'THE SHIT'.

AH YES THE ARTFUL COMMENTARY ON OTAKU CULTURE, TRULY ONE OF THE BEST LEVELS IN THE GAME.
VERY ARTISTIC.
TOTALLY THE SHIT.

AH YES THE ARTFUL COMMENTARY ON OTAKU CULTURE, TRULY ONE OF THE BEST LEVELS IN THE GAME.
VERY ARTISTIC.
TOTALLY THE SHIT.

I WAS MORE SPEAKING ON THE ART STYLE OF THE LEVEL, THOUGH THE QUIZ AT THE DOOR GAVE ME QUITE A FEW CHUCKLES. I COULD TAKE OR LEAVE THE OTAKU JOKES, THOUGH I FELT THAT THEY DIDN'T HARM THE LEVEL AND BROUGHT QUITE A FEW JOKES.
I AM ALSO FOUND OF SAMMERS KINGDOM, AS I ENJOY THE FEELING OF HOPELESSNESS AND DREAD, AS WELL AS THE UPPING OF THE STAKES.
THE ACTUAL 100 PERSON FIGHTING THING IS MEH, BUT I STILL LIKED THE LEVEL.

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A FIGHT TO YOU SIR JUTSEI? IF YOU WANNA FIGHT THEN PLEASE EXIT STAGE LEFT. WE'RE CULTURED GENTLEMEN, ABOVE THAT SILLY HAPSLAP NATURE I DO SAY.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Urgh, Dark Pit...he and Lucina are wastes of character slots.

Someone post an explanation of why this is bullshit, I'm not in the mood to do it myself.

Wastes of bonus character slots.

This is more accurate (though I'd personally disagree with Lucina, simply because of how popular she is).

I WAS MORE SPEAKING ON THE ART STYLE OF THE LEVEL, THOUGH THE QUIZ AT THE DOOR GAVE ME QUITE A FEW CHUCKLES. I COULD TAKE OR LEAVE THE OTAKU JOKES, THOUGH I FELT THAT THEY DIDN'T HARM THE LEVEL AND BROUGHT QUITE A FEW JOKES.
I AM ALSO FOUND OF SAMMERS KINGDOM, AS I ENJOY THE FEELING OF HOPELESSNESS AND DREAD, AS WELL AS THE UPPING OF THE STAKES.
THE ACTUAL 100 PERSON FIGHTING THING IS MEH, BUT I STILL LIKED THE LEVEL.

I WAS REFERRING MORE TO THE PARODY OF DATING SIMS AND IN ALL LIKELIHOOD IF YOU DID NOT FEEL CALLED OUT THEN THE GAME WAS NOT MEANING TO MOCK YOU IN PARTICULAR, BUT I DO SEE A VERY BITING COMMENTARY IN THE LEVEL, BUT I'M GLAD WE CAN AT LEAST COME TO SOME SORT OF CONSENSUS.

THE SAMMER GUY KINGDOM LEVEL WAS MY FAVORITE, IT EVOKED SUCH AN EMOTION IN ME THAT I WOULD NOT EXPERIENCE AGAIN UNTIL JOURNEY.

ART.
JESUS CHRIST JUST LOOK AT THE ARTISANAL ARTISTRY, WHY IT PRACTICALLY BRINGS AN ART TO MY ART.

You know, all I'm going to do is point to my username and leave it at that to let you guys know my stance on he game. :I

It's also confirmed that the Poke trio now has their own Final Smashes:
B2YIxqiIEAAQGJy.jpg:large

Reactions: juju_for_president
So uh

their final smashes are pretty lame

Squirtle just has two huge water explosions
Ivysaur heals a bunch and auto-charges his Solar Beam
Charizard just does three "shotgun" fireblasts

Still nice to have, but they're not so good compared to the official ones.

Reactions: musica
their final smashes are meh, but nobody plays PM for Final smashes soooo

P6 Shulk was a sissy. He wasn't feeling it like the rest.

new ledgeguarding mechanics are nice, but they will take a while to get used to, I thought I was just getting outside of tether range but then I realized that you can only tether twice, I like it

well they sure don't seem to have a problem referencing that TRASH anime as opposed to adhering to the GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIOUS game canon

well they sure don't seem to have a problem referencing that TRASH anime as opposed to adhering to the GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIOUS game canon

At this point I can't tell if you're being facetious or serious, the lines have become too blurred.

Reactions: 8-Bit Templar