• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

The real cloud we needed.

200px-Mallow.gif

C'MON DAISY
I literally hate Daisy more than any other character in gaming history

I literally hate Daisy more than any other character in gaming history
No.

$1.3 bil on Wolf and/or K. Rool

We already have SE representation with Cloud
Get those mediocre RPG donut steels outta here

I pick medicore. At least that's better than SMRPG.

At this point I'm expecting all the early 2000's "never going to happen" at this point.

Geno for smash when?

I still don't understand why people are interconnecting Cloud with manga/anime characters. He originally came from FF7, a game. Right?

To be honest, it doesn't bother me anymore. But I suppose people see a giant sword and think "Anime", the hair, too.

I still don't understand why people are interconnecting Cloud with manga/anime characters. He originally came from FF7, a game. Right?
because people are desperate to feed the memes.

fuck Goku in Smash.

Reactions: Jutsei
A broken image? Must be Ridley.

I swear if they don't get Steve back...
I'll do nothing,but darn it if I wouldn't mind.

I agree, they should definitely get Steve Blum to play Cloud he's the only logical choice in my opinion.

Steve Burton started off as stale when he did him in Kingdom Hearts 2 and Advent Children, but after the Dissidia titles, I want him back as Cloud again.

Go to Skullheart for the calm, go to Smashfaqs for the chaos...

They're all simultaneously raging about Cloud and how he technically confirms every character ever made to be in Smash and I'm just kinda sitting in the background like "eh he's cool maybe this could mean Banjo and a Konami character, that'd be a good third party round out"

also I got the first two M&L games off VC today, bringing back a lot of memories. Fawful would be a cool smash character.

So they're mad that he confirms all our dreams can come true?
Seems legit.

So they're mad that he confirms all our dreams can come true?
Seems legit.
I'm not mad at it, but I sure as hell don't want a bunch of retarded "third parties" swarming into Smash and making this less Smash and more Deviantart/Fanfiction.net: The Game.

Also, I feel Cloud doesn't "confirm every character imaginable", he was a requested Square Enix character who has an upcoming game that either Sakurai wanted or Square Enix asked to be put in. Plus dat Amiidough

I know a bunch of people are worried that only super big icon characters (or previous characters) are coming to Smash, but eh... I don't know.

Cause the pre-ballot characters being such massive icons in the gaming community (Ryu and Cloud) kinda feel like different mindsets to the ballot characters. Like their a safe cop-out in terms of DLC, their popularity guarantees at least the money back. And the ballot is more analytical, trying to find the best character overall for this.

I'm not mad at it, but I sure as hell don't want a bunch of retarded "third parties" swarming into Smash and making this less Smash and more Deviantart/Fanfiction.net: The Game.

Also, I feel Cloud doesn't "confirm every character imaginable", he was a requested Square Enix character who has an upcoming game that either Sakurai wanted or Square Enix asked to be put in. Plus dat Amiidough

I'll send you to hell twice for the first paragraph. I still dream of shantae and shovel Knight making into the game!

I'll send you to hell twice for the first paragraph. I still dream of shantae and shovel Knight making into the game!
I don't.

Shovel Knight is still yet to release in Japan, has as far as I know only about 450,000 sales, third party, indie, etc.

Shantae makes more sense but her fanbase pisses me off to no end, as they seem to believe she's on a large pedestal and really "deserves" it. Shovel Knight has a vocal fanbase too, but somehow I feel they're much less... Annoying. Except when they're Etika's fans, shovel knight #1 my ass

Cloud is a shock, but he got in cause marketing. Now, the smash ballot could be used to decide which 3rd party icons to get. Like I voted for SMT's Demi-Fiend. They could see that, look at the reception to SMT X FE, and get the idea to put this popular char in to build some extra positive type and attention to SMT X FE, as Well as giving Atlus more marketing for it and P5.

I think thats partially how theyve been doing this tbh. Now what I said is an example and not likely to actually happen, but the ballet will help them determine which 3rd party icons are popular choices, so we could see Shovel Knight/ Shantae due to this still