• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

They really ought to release a newcommer now, not the one we are know Will be in it

Because Wind Waker is the best 3D Zelda ever.
Except for that part at the end with the triforce pieces.

You know, I hated it when Sonic fans wanted another character from their game in, (especially when that character wasn't Tails, and even more if that character was Shadow) but now I really want Protoman to get in despite there being absolutely no chance of it happening... Maybe as an alternate costume? Or as a clone that steals Pit's shield special?

To bring up Chrom again, he's obviously the most likely Awakening character, but I can't help but feel like he would be way too similar to Marth. And you know who can actually represent Fire Emblem as a series rather than just Awakening, and who could also could have some actually unique moves of her own without just being some guy with a sword? Anna. There's no way in hell according to SSB history, but I still want it to happen.
On Chrom again, I always found it odd that Fire Emblem characters always fought alone. Marth "Fights for his friends" despite his friends being nowhere to be found... It would be cool if Chrom's specials were all different members of your party as summons. Although the avatar might be a better pick for that move set.

Make a Chrom, Lucina Tag team! one with sword other with spear BAM variety and FE reps...

But if Chrom makes it I would like for him to use Sword/spear combo to make it different to the others FE reps...

I would KILL for the Avatar to make it, we need more magic users

I freaking TOLD YOU this would happen. I am sooo glad he's coming back since he's easily one of my favourite fighters. And with the new mechanics of Smash U? Bring it on! It's gonna be fun!

They really ought to release a newcommer now, not the one we are know Will be in it

They're not doing anything like that yet because in the unpcoming months, Nintendo already has a slew of popular releases coming out that don't need the help of smash to be popular. Nintendo's essentially spacing out high news worthy stuff because further down the line, it'll have more of an impact and draw more people in.

It's a smart move on Nintendo's part. It's not the most anticipated game right now.

Huh.. so Luigi was revealed, and now Toon Link is as well. So who's unlockable and who isn't? I thought Luigi was an okay example for the fact that he was usually one of the first unlockable characters in these games, but Toon Link was in the last three unlockables in Brawl. Ah, Nintendo, warping my thoughts since... well I guess August 7th.

I would KILL for the Avatar to make it, we need more magic users
But Avatar is literally every class. He would probably use a sword too.
And Anna has so many powers to use. Merchant, Regular sword, Levin Sword for lightning magic, an army of identical twins and time travelling powers. She would be way too cool.

But if Chrom makes it I would like for him to use Sword/spear combo to make it different to the others FE reps...
But the lord/great lord classes he'll probably have can't use spears...

Also, Mewtwo has a pretty good chance of coming back with the movie and his mega evolution.

It's a smart move on Nintendo's part. It's not the most anticipated game right now.
THIS
I hate how people are so demanding of newcomer characters and the game isn't going to be out or relevant for a very long time.

WE knew it was coming, but is it still sweet?
Hell to the fuck yes!
I was worried he'd be axed, but you just can't keep out Wind Waker and the stylized part of Zelda it covers!

I hope Toon Link has some unique moves this time. Yes, he was fun in Brawl, but I'd like it if he didn't just do everything regular Link does, only better.

Also, I'm starting to doubt that it'll happen at this point, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Wind Waker Ganon and Skyward Sword Zelda.

Also, d'aww at Peach helping Toon Link fix his hat. :3

Last edited:
I hope Toon Link has some unique moves this time. Yes, he was fun in Brawl, but I'd like it if he didn't just do everything regular Link does, only better.

Also, I'm starting to doubt that it'll happen at this point, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Wind Waker Ganon and Skyward Sword Zelda.

Also, d'aww at Peach helping Toon Link fix his hat. :3
Deku Leaf, Megaton Hammer, Wind Waker?
I hope we get some of those

Huh.. so Luigi was revealed, and now Toon Link is as well. So who's unlockable and who isn't? I thought Luigi was an okay example for the fact that he was usually one of the first unlockable characters in these games, but Toon Link was in the last three unlockables in Brawl. Ah, Nintendo, warping my thoughts since... well I guess August 7th.

Well you must also consider that the SmashDojo thing they had for brawl revealed characters the were also unlockable in the beginning. I think even Luigi was revealed in that manner, even Wolf and both of them are unlockable. So just because they're there, and being revealed doens't mean they're totally out of the running for being unlockable.

For all we know Mario's gonna be unlockable :P

So when's Ridley

Very mature.

Anyways, Who else thinks that we'll most likely just get a Skyward Sword coloured version of Twilight Princess Zelda? I'm only a little bit sad they can't use her adorable SS design (But she doesn't use magic, so her moveset would be very lacking I can imagine...) But, idea just came to me... What if...

Zelda's downb transformed her into SS Zelda?

But Avatar is literally every class. He would probably use a sword too.
And Anna has so many powers to use. Merchant, Regular sword, Levin Sword for lightning magic, an army of identical twins and time travelling powers. She would be way too cool.

But the lord/great lord classes he'll probably have can't use spears...
well Robin (which is the name they would prolly use for tactician in smash if they use them. uses sword and magic with a slightly more focus on magic, also it would be so hype if they had the lightning stab the main character does in the intro. also they could do a villian of fire emblem to have someone who's not sword. also the great lord class can use spears.

also they could do a villian of fire emblem to have someone who's not sword.
What villain could they use? Especially from Awakening, where there are like 5 villains.

also the great lord class can use spears.
I did not remember that. I respecced him to paladin asap, so I never really knew.

Well you must also consider that the SmashDojo thing they had for brawl revealed characters the were also unlockable in the beginning. I think even Luigi was revealed in that manner, even Wolf and both of them are unlockable. So just because they're there, and being revealed doens't mean they're totally out of the running for being unlockable.

For all we know Mario's gonna be unlockable :P
Didn't the smash dojo always have a "warning spoilers" thing though before you actually went on the unlockable characters page? And weren't the unlockable characters (besides Sonic and Snake I believe) shown after all the non-unlockable characters were shown off? Am I just imagining that?

Didn't the smash dojo always have a "warning spoilers" thing though before you actually went on the unlockable characters page? And weren't the unlockable characters (besides Sonic and Snake I believe) shown after all the non-unlockable characters were shown off? Am I just imagining that?

It has been some time since I have visited the site so forgive me if my memory is foggy. I do think there were spoilers actually. Except on Jigglypuff who was totally revealed but then was an unlockable... You are probably right about everything else though, yes.

So with the way reveals are going I'm guessing they're gonna bring back Jigglypuff next month cause of X/Y.

I'm just hoping we get another Zelda reveal in November.
Probably Ganondorf.

I'm going with Zelda on this one.

October might be the reveal of a Pokemon character since X & Y is coming out.

PRetty much, at this point we really can't predict how they're gonna show newcomers.
Because it's been three Nintendo Directs with no trailers.
Trailers will be sporadic, and veterans will be monthly, looks like

Anyways, Who else thinks that we'll most likely just get a Skyward Sword coloured version of Twilight Princess Zelda?

oh dear lord hopefully not... I loved Twilight's Zelda design, such a smexy brunette

Toon Link was almost a given, because WW HD... but seriously, I didn't wanted him back, he is just a Clone and not even a cool one like Falco or Ganondorf, oh well, that's more zelda rep thou

He's not even close to a clone XD Their attacks are distinguishably different in mechanics.

Btw, people keep throwing out the term "clone" a lot and I want to know what you guys think is a "clone"

I have to admit, I feel a lil smug now considering a large amount of people said Toon Link wouldn't be in cause he appears in the background of one stage.
Actually I'm not sure why so many people think developers can't just remove a background character if they're being played. Like really, "Will Big Band be in the background when he's fighting?" is one of the most frequent questions I remember during Salty. It's kind of weird to me.

I like Toon Link, but I can't say I'm excited for him right now. I mean there's nothing I can say about him that is significantly different from his Brawl version so far.

Reactions: Jutsei and Rellek
Btw, people keep throwing out the term "clone" a lot and I want to know what you guys think is a "clone"

Clone = One that copies or closely resembles another, as in appearance or function.

You know it seems like ever since Brawl came out the definition of clone got a lot wider.
I mean I feel like in Melee a good deal of people didn't consider Luigi a clone, yet in Brawl a lot of people think Wolf is a clone. Even though they are pretty much equally different not counting Final Smashes.

Brawl did a pretty good job at differentiating clones actually. I mean Toon Link is the most similar clone and he feels way different than Link. In a way I feel clone is sort of a harsh term actually, it's way worse sounding than it actually is.

You know it seems like ever since Brawl came out the definition of clone got a lot wider.
I mean I feel like in Melee a good deal of people didn't consider Luigi a clone, yet in Brawl a lot of people think Wolf is a clone. Even though they are pretty much equally different not counting Final Smashes.

Brawl did a pretty good job at differentiating clones actually. I mean Toon Link is the most similar clone and he feels way different than Link. In a way I feel clone is sort of a harsh term actually, it's way worse sounding than it actually is.
Well we haven't seen his Side-B yet, maybe that's different!
And for all we know, his up B could be different too, and his up tilt is now the spin slash.

Ladehz
fOYPa8C.jpg

I guess Peach really likes tags on clothes.

screen-4.jpg

Keep telling yourself that.

Exactly this. They definitely feel different and so there's different strokes for different folks. Anyways, the one "clone" that I can't stand people making an argument about is Wolf. He has 5 things in common with Fox: Upb, Sideb, Downb (And even those three function slightly different), Space animal, Landmaster and arguably bair. Those are literally the only things in common and people call him a clone. Blows my mind. It's like they've never even played them before.

Reactions: Gamesandgoodies
Double post, but suck it. I want to point something out on the site. In terms of the formatting of the page (at least from my view there's a grid of 5 squares across and however many down)

Anyways, point it, there's three empty grid slots which is the exact amount of space taken up by a newcomer tile (3x1). Soooo, my OCD is telling me that they might want to fill in that space with a nice reveal of a new character and since pokemon is coming out in a couple weeks and they haven't announced any newcomers since E3...

Maybe a new pokemon character? Thoughts?

Double post, but suck it. I want to point something out on the site. In terms of the formatting of the page (at least from my view there's a grid of 5 squares across and however many down)

Anyways, point it, there's three empty grid slots which is the exact amount of space taken up by a newcomer tile (3x1). Soooo, my OCD is telling me that they might want to fill in that space with a nice reveal of a new character and since pokemon is coming out in a couple weeks and they haven't announced any newcomers since E3...

Maybe a new pokemon character? Thoughts?

I just want to say BELIEVEE

I hope that tomorrow they throw us a teaser or some new gameplay at least!