• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Oh wow, that's great.

My palms ache from just looking at that.

You obviously haven't put in the hours with the N64 that I had.

That controller is my second favorite behind the GameCube. It's just so good.

Not only that, the modular nature of it was pretty revolutionary.

Like, you can hold it middle-and-left so you can use it as an N64 controller, or left-and-right as an upgraded SNES controller.

MAN HOLY SHIT I LOVE THIS

I wish I didn't break my N64 now, doesn't matter I don't even own Smash 64.

Just noticed the Club Nintendo logo. I really, REALLY hope they're not exclusive and really, REALLY hope they're brought over.

I mean, they're not region locked, but they'd be more expensive to import if they're CN exclusive.

Speaking as someone who grew up with it, the N64 controller sucks. There are maybe two games that you ever have to use the D-pad for so you always have to hold the middle and right handle, making it feel really really awkward.

I always called the left side "the ignored sibling".

Pretty sure there were a few more, just cannot, for the life of me, remember what they were.

Alright, so, what's your guys' favorite Star Fox songs? I need some lined up for my Music to Smash to videos (which coincidentally hit 250 days today!)

The SF64 Star Wolf theme and the music for the final level in Assault.

Alright, so, what's your guys' favorite Star Fox songs? I need some lined up for my Music to Smash to videos (which coincidentally hit 250 days today!)

Cape Claw, Drakor Boss Battle, Galleon Fight, and Krazoa Palace from Star Fox Adventures and Planet Sauria, Aparoid Homeworld and Asteroid Belt from Star Fox Assault. Hell ANYTHING from Star Fox Assault. Greatest Star Fox OST ever.

Reactions: Hemijack and Rellek
Nintendo of UK posted this with a caption contest. Might be one of my favorite Smash 4 pics.

BtKd7c2IgAA-hI_.png:large

Link be like
"oh fuck! oh fuck! oh fuck! oh fuck! oh fuck! oh fuck! oh fuck! oh fuck! oh fuck! oh fuck! oh fuck! oh fuck! oh fuck!

Last edited:
Reactions: musica
"Robin's opera scene accidentally interrupted by Link's greatest nemesis."

Reactions: musica
Ha! I totally called a Starfox update. Called that shit :P

And holy cow is it beautiful... I could marry the starfox series.

I'm pretty sure that's illegal
it's also morally wrong and jesus would cry

I hope, after Smash 4, Namco picks up Star Fox again. I did enjoy Assault and think it's the best choice to move on with in terms of direction.

NOT Command.

I hope, after Smash 4, Namco picks up Star Fox again. I did enjoy Assault and think it's the best choice to move on with in terms of direction.

NOT Command.
You know, command was supposed to be Starfox 2 in spirit? It just... you know... sucked. I would be happy if we got another game like Assault only with
1. More missions (10 is too little)
2. More choices (There is literally no choice in Assault. It is complete mission or die)
3. Less fanservice (Ties in with #4)
4. No Krystal (Sorry, she was a complete nuisance)
5. Even better multiplayer (Multiplayer was easily one of the BEST features of Assault)

You know, command was supposed to be Starfox 2 in spirit? It just... you know... sucked. I would be happy if we got another game like Assault only with
2. More choices (There is literally no choice in Assault. It is complete mission or die)
5. Even better multiplayer (Multiplayer was easily one of the BEST features of Assault)

I agree with all those points.

And no furry drama. That's what SFC was. It was literally a soap opera with each ending being dumber than the next with the exception of the F-Zero one.

Reactions: Lavama
I agree with all those points.

And no furry drama. That's what SFC was. It was literally a soap opera with each ending being dumber than the next with the exception of the F-Zero one.
F-Zero is the only Exception.

Reactions: Lavama

I'm sorry, I have no clue what you're talking about. Krystal barely did anything annoying or fanservice-y. No the promotional renders don't count. They don't affect the gameplay in any way at all.

Plus the last thing Nintendo needs to do is completely screw over continuity just to please the Krystal haters. Find a legit complaint, not a scapegoat.

Reactions: SpaceCadetKeon
I didn't mind Krystal as a character until Command.

Good god, she's the source of all the melodrama, with switching teams, and having a baby, and all that stuff.

let's get a game about James McCloud instead
except it's not the james McCloud from Star Fox
it's the James McCloud from F-zero
and instead of a space shooter
it's a racing game
what I mean to say is
Space Animals go home
when's F-zero

If Goodbye is still looking for Starfox music, I'd recommend the Fortuna theme, and by relation the Assault remake of it called "Break through the Ice". Area 6, Zoness, and Aquas as well are pretty great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hemijack and Shooon
Happy 300 pages guys!

Also:
Comic-com
Waiting for someone's tweet from someplace like the bathroom or in a vent

"Pic of the day. In general, there are completely different stages in the 3DS and Wii U version, but we made Wily Castle and the special boxing ring available for both versions! We didn't forget the Yellow Devil either. There may be some small differences in the stages, such as the 3DS stage appearing to be during daylight hours."
zlCfzSM5sPUuQzGp4V.jpg

Reactions: Hemijack
Man, I was expecting a unique Mega Man stage for 3DS. They've got so much to pull from! I'd be surprised if they gave him two stages, but a man can dream.

Also, it's really weird to see Wily's castle on a happy daytime backdrop.

Also, fuck the Yellow Devil.

And now I wonder if Pac-Man getting 2 unique stages was part of the Sora/Namco bromance while making the game or if Sonic will also get a unique 3DS stage.

Well that's a waste. I can understand doing that with the Boxing Ring, Punch-Out's kinda limited in material to use for a stage but Mega Man?! C'mon Sakurai, if you're going to cut corners like that, do it with franchises that don't have much to work with in the first place. I was expecting this treatment with Pikmin or Wii Fit, not Mega Man.

Last edited:
maybe the stage will utilize the 3DS' internal clock so that Wiley's stage can appear at both night and day at the same time?