• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Haha, you guys don't know how much I'd pay for pimp Toon Link, 10 years younger Peach, and superior villager costumes in Smash.

That fits almost TOO well.

I am soooooooo glad he made it in.

It does, but from Central US time if I recall.

So like, I'm getting it at 10pm digitally, lest the eShop doesn't die like it did with Animal Crossing.
Sweet! It'll be midnight for me. And yeah, hopefully we don't destroy the eShop that night.

Those costumes from the New 3DS trailer
I need them
Need them NOW
Especially 1950's Dad Bowser, Super Hipster Bros and King Pikachu

Oh yeah Miiverse also:

zlCfzSfhotABeWNli0

"Pic of the day. For the 3DS version, you can select alternate tracks for stages by holding down the R Button while you select the stage--the brown drop shadow that frames the stage image when you hold down the R Button indicates the alternate track is active. For the Living Room stage, the alternate track is the vocal version of the default track. Songs with vocals aren't the best match for battles, but the song was too good to leave out, so this is how we chose to include it."

zlCfzSfhqT8Q2azgQd

"Also, For the Boxing Ring, if you select the stage while holding down the L Button, you can play on the Smash Bros. version of the stage. If you hold down the Y Button, you can choose to play on the Punch Out! version. These variations are usually selected at random, but this method lets you select them manually."

Last edited:
Dat Samus colours.

Spanking. I wonder what it would look like as if it was... GREEN? HMMM, NINTENDO?

does that mean we've gotten like 3 different Foxes since the average lifespan of a wild fox is only like five years and like 12 in captivity

Streetsmash for evo 2015

Looks more like Tin Pin Slammer to me
Neku confirmed DLC
When's Twister -Smash Bros. Mix-
Pls Nintendo and/or Square

Reactions: klaww
83PVDJg.jpg

«In the 3DS version, your fighter gets outlined by your team color. So, how does this work in the Wii U version? Check out this screenshot. In this picture, the outlines may seem faint, but the color intensity is consistent. This means that the farther away and smaller your fighter appears on the screen, the clearer the colors will look.»

That's actually really smart. Sounds good.

Why'd you remove Lucas, huh, punk?
U just wanna fite me.

If that's the case I must ask you a question, dear Sakurai, a question that's been burning in my soul for almost a decade.
When's Little Ma-
WAIT, not that's not the one, that happened.
When's Ridley?

If that's the case I must ask you a question, dear Sakurai, a question that's been burning in my soul for almost a decade.
When's Little Ma-
WAIT, not that's not the one, that happened.
When's Ridley?

Here is my answer
8c6dd0b8abaac500637ee07efccea051-660x350.png

Have you ever made a game?

So I was playing the demo and in 2 minutes got 6 KO's on Mega Man as Mario.

I'd feel awesome if not for the fact that it was all cause of the Gust Bellows. That shit is OP.

And remember how everyone said they'd turn off the Namco Flag cause it seemed OP? It's so hilariously not worth it unless your opponent goes to make a sandwich mid match or he's on the other side of Bridge of Eldin.

SHIT, he's right.
Don't worry. If my son is being a bully feel free to smack him upside the head.

Don't worry. If my son is being a bully feel free to smack him upside the head.

Oh,
I needed permission?

No, I was just reminding you.

Also were you aware that your son is game designer Masahiro Sakurai because that's important to note.

I knew, but I said it was okay so long as his grades were good.

Man, David Hayter is such a boss, makes me sad he's not voicing Big Bo-
Ohh. Now I'm sad...
At least there's always Sma-
Ohh...

daily-en.jpg

"Pic of the day. This is the Orbital Gate stage. This is a Wii U version-exclusive stage reenacting Team Star Fox's defense of the Orbital Gate from an Aparoid missile attack."

Hey it's another Great Fox stage! Only flipped!
Not sure if the Aparoid ship next to it is a solid part of the stage too, but it probably is.

daily-en.jpg

"Pic of the day. This is the Orbital Gate stage. This is a Wii U version-exclusive stage reenacting Team Star Fox's defense of the Orbital Gate from an Aparoid missile attack."

Hey it's another Great Fox stage! Only flipped!
Not sure if the Aparoid ship next to it is a solid part of the stage too, but it probably is.

DUDE YOU FORGOT THE BEST PARTS

zlCfzSf4dmIcWCqqkZ

Missiles are launched towards the Orbital Gate! The force field shields the machinery for a while, and the missiles eventually get shot down by team Star Fox. Overall, this stage feels like a ride. It's pretty hectic, so hold on tight!

zlCfzSf4dp8qHQrVmU

The Arwings are passing through the gate! And the fighters hop on for a free ride!!

So fucking cool! The Wii U stages are looking so good!

Edit: And now imagine if Starfox Wii U looks this good. Like holy fuck.

I didn't forget, I just thought I'd give someone else the cha-okay fine I forgot to scroll down to see if there was more stuff.

Definitely a lot more going on in a Star Fox stage than I thought there would be, that's for sure. And I'm one of the few people who actually liked Assault, so I'm happy to see some more solid recognition aside from trophies (though there were bits and pieces of it in Lylat Cruise).

Riding on top of missiles reminds me of Contra.

I hope the Final Destination version of this stage is a missile.

Wow that stage is A LOT better than I initially thought it would be.