• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I thought the reason it was an instant fake was the fact that it literally lists the top 3 of every other guy's want list: Dixie, Ridley, and Mewtwo.

So if anyone was curious towards the mentality of Little Mac players,
tumblr_nd7pe2TgMp1qe2qqzo1_r1_400.gif

Throw out the entire Jolt Haymaker column and put some smash attacks if near an opponent, but otherwise, yep.

Reactions: Crayolan
I think we all know how I would feel towards Splatoon DLC for Smash BUT IT AIN'T HAPPENING BECAUSE IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Plus Dixie and Mewtwo? My eyes rolled, hard.

I wish there were less bad Mac players.
I enjoy using him but way too many people abuse him.
Just last night I tried to play him legit, guess what happened?
A Kirby stole the Haymaker and abused the ever loving fuck out of it.

I think we all know how I would feel towards Splatoon DLC for Smash BUT IT AIN'T HAPPENING BECAUSE IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Plus Dixie and Mewtwo? My eyes rolled, hard.
You might want to see a doctor, that kind of rolling isn't healthy.

It's the same situation as Meta's Tornado in Brawl. Everyone thinks they're good after that.

Here's something, it's a crazy theory but don't laugh just yet

What if Smash World was just a beta name for Smash Run and they didn't bother to take it out of the game files?

Here's something, it's a crazy theory but don't laugh just yet

What if Smash World was just a beta name for Smash Run and they didn't bother to take it out of the game files?
That sounds silly. Possible, but silly.

It was more likely going to try to be in the 3DS version, but they decided to hold off on that Global Smash power ranking thing until the Wii U version. Makes the most sense to me.

It boggles my mind how much people hold onto the tower of smash leak.
You should have at least half known it was fake to begin with, but it's flat out debunked now! The great cave offensive stage ruined it!

Pro tip: As kirby, never copy little mac. Because you can guaranteed kirbycide him by inhaling, jumping off the ledge and spitting him out.

Reactions: DDB
I miss Taunt Parties. They were a nice palate cleanser.

Well of course I don't miss them.

How can you miss that which has never left?

Taunt parties are an abomination.

BURN IN HELL. THEY WERE FUN EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, YOU AREN'T MY REAL MOM. I LIKED DAD MORE ANYWAYS.
Better Tanner, I want you to reconsider your statement. You hurt your mother's feelings an awful.

BURN IN HELL. THEY WERE FUN EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, YOU AREN'T MY REAL MOM. I LIKED DAD MORE ANYWAYS.
well I'm still loved around here
and that's what's really important

Ruin, why? You're supposed to support your loving spouse.

I'm sorry, I just--

Forgive me mother, father. The Smash-blues struck over me, my own birth parents don't like Taunt Parties. It hurts.

It's okay dear, we understand.

So when's Daisy?

Once Dark Pit is removed.

The problem with taunt parties is more of a general problem that plagued Brawl's online, that problem being that Brawl's online fucking sucked hard.

It's like,
'Hey, I just finished playing a five-minute time against shit Ganon player from Mexico on Hyrule Temple, during which I pressed two buttons because the Ganon player side-b'd of the ledge twenty-eight time because he had potato skins connecting his Wii to his router, and his router was some form of cat, now let me sit here for an hour as three blue-haired pricks critique my max-speed and give me advice on how to walk up stairs. On Hyrule Temple'

In a world where Brawl's online wasn't pure trash, taunt parties maybe wouldn't have been that bad, and god damn it do I want to live in that world, but as it stands, taunt parties make me want to choke myself with my own fucking eyes.

Reactions: Rellek and Φ
So I'm thinking Peach is a pretty damned good counter-pick for Little Mac. I played a few matches with a group of people at my club earlier tonight and one of them mains him. He didn't really know how to deal with her floating above him and kicking him.

Yeah, pretty much.

Any air based character is a good pick against him and some other characters like Sonic.

Mac is really good in some matchups, but if you want to main him, you are gonna have a hard life without a really polished sub in your repertoire.

I like using Rest on unsuspecting Bowser players.

ROB's neutral air is really ambiguous, people underestimate how much the flame lingers. I kinda feel cheap for using it.

I probably woulda tried at least one uppercut, or Mac's comboable neutral air.

So I'm thinking Peach is a pretty damned good counter-pick for Little Mac. I played a few matches with a group of people at my club earlier tonight and one of them mains him. He didn't really know how to deal with her floating above him and kicking him.

Little Mac is interesting, as he seems to be a character with very polarizing match-ups.
He has some, where the opponent is almost better of SDing to save everyone some time.
(DDD, Ganon, ZSS)
And others that are 10-0 and un-winnable for Mac.
(Shiek, Jiggs, G&W, and apparently Peach)

I'm excited to see how his meta develops. I predict him being a character that is used as a secondary to cover bad match-ups, and being very rarely used as a main. But I guess we'll just have to see how the dice roll.

so Ganondorf with his customs feels really good
like why can't like
2232 Ganondorf be the standard (is Dark Fists Up-B 3 or not i forget atm)

Edit: nevermind
it's all 2s
2222 ganon for best ganon imo

Last edited:
G-Money's customs are easily my favourite of them all (not just the sword, either!). He and Palutena are basically the only reason I want custom specials to be tourney legal (Can you hear me, Keitaro!?).

Equips however are just stupid.

i'd be more okay with equips if they were more standardized
with only a few exclusives available for each character

I'm a fan of Iggy personally.
NOT THAT IT MATTERS, I don't play Koopalings.