• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Yeah, but really, it just comes down to PMing our friend codes to whoever we're fighting against, which isn't too bad.

EDIT: We would also need a definitive #BANNED list for stages if we're wanting to do this all legitimate-like.
I think I know the starters, but I'm going to need some help for the counter-picks. Any and all input is appreciated.

Last edited:
So what are you guys expecting in terms of secret stages we have yet to see?

For me I'm thinking we're missing:
-New Wind Waker HD stage
-New Gen 5 pokemon stage
-New Game & Watch stage, maybe based on a more specific game this time
-New Duck Hunt stage
-New Gyromite stage
-New Nintendoland stage, which also has transformations into Takamaru's Ninja Castle and Balloon Trip, which is where that music will play.
-Mute City (3DS)
-Magicant
-Dream Land 64
-Yoshi's Island 64

10 stages remaining (on top of the already confirmed secret stages like Pokemon Stadium 2 and Pac-Land) doesn't seem too unrealistic.

Returning stage wise,

64: Saffron City
Melee: Fountain of Dreams, Subcon
Brawl: The Summit

New stage wise,

New Earthbound/MOTHER stage or HD Magicant
DKC Tropical Freeze stage (Hey I can dream. We have a Snowmad trophy after all)
Aeropolis (F-Zero GX)
Nintendoland
Duck Hunt Stage
Gyromite Stage
Flat Zone 3
Endless Ocean Stage
Pinball Stage (Hey it could happen)

I want them all. I want to bathe in them. I want to sleep with them. I want to shove them up my bum.

dsc-0899_nwc3.jpg

Y̵͌͆ͩ̽̔̾͐O̷ͣ͗U̴̐̍ͭͩͥͧ̆͝ ̷ͮ̽̑C̨̉̍̂̐͛̏̌̕͝A̷̴ͪͦŅͬ̇͑̐Ņ̨̏̆͑̀̔ͦŌͬͯ̋͒̚̕͜T̂ͦͥͬ͑ ̸͌̇̿̈̔ͧ͟͟Ȇ́ͦ̒͒҉̕S̓̉ͯͨ̀͝C̷ͣ̐̄̑̽̊͆ͮ͢A̷͊̍̄͠P̊̔͢͞E̊̃̃̕͡ ̵̧̨̾̌̊ͣͯ̒͐̎T̵͐̆̑͂̄͂̋H̷͛̔̂ͬͭͤ͏Eͪ̀ ̛̀͛̒ͨ͆͋͜͟V̡̡̈́̍́̏̾̄ͬ̚O̷̊ͣĮ̵ͯ͆̀Ď̛̓͂͛̇.̨̧ͪ̆ͭ̓̊̉̏̊̀

Also these void jokes are stupid, stop looking up women's dresses.

Reactions: Jake Was Here
keep looking up there and you might just be

C O N S U M E D

Why is her head so much thinner? I hope that's just weird aspect ratio tomfoolery from someone's camera, because I really like the idea of Amiibos being 1:1 replicas of the in-game trophies.

No, it seems like Amiibos have declined a bit in quality since E3.

It's just cause these are the mass produced versions.
Of the course the hand-crafted display models are gonna look better than the actual product of which there are hundreds of thousands.

Which is why I'm getting a Samus one, no face to mess up.

Reactions: Jake Was Here
what if her shoulders are too small
or her visor is lopsided

what if her shoulders are too small
or her visor is lopsided

Then it's Metroid 1 Samus, no big deal.

But Metroid is his name, right?

Shh, of course it is sweety, Metroid will be here December 25 with all your presents, those kids at school are wrong and Jewish.

So does that mean Rosalina's amiibo will have stars in its dress?

The F U C K I N G Universe
I'll say it's the fucking universe, under her dress.
Fucking, the fucking univer-
Fucking the univ-
You know what I'll see myself out, I feel no longer worthy of being called a human being.

So like, aside from a few characters, Smash Wii U is seeming to be like, a replacement for Brawl in almost every way. Like, all of my favorite stages aside from Pirate Ship are confirmed. I'm guessing most of Brawl's soundtrack is coming back - lost series excluded. And if we do get Snake DLC (which is entirely possible, Sakurai could have heard Kojima's "Hey they can take him back if they ask!" comment and started to work on him which is a lot less work than bringing in Mewtwo cause of how Brawl --> Smash 4 is easy while Melee to Brawl to Smash 4 is hard) it'll really just make Brawl seem... not needed. Aside from hacking and SSE, that is.

People are going to find a way to hack the Wii U version, I don't think you'll need to worry about that.

I don't think that'll last long though. With the Wii's archaic online came archaic (near non-existent) means of stopping hacking. The Wii U has a whole ton listed in it's terms of use - bricking, blocking, etc etc. While Project M and similar stuff is "innocent", it opens the way for bad stuff too (lost sales by pirating, etc). Nintendo will actively try and stop any hacking. I heard that the people who hacked (or tried to) Mario Kart 8 had to go through a few Wii U's cause they kept bricking their systems.

I imagine one day it will, but not until the Wii U stops receiving updates. Only then will they be able to get in without worrying about new firmwire killing them.

And use the 3DS ones as target smash.

Well like the main reason I'm surprised is that Mario is such a like, protected IP. You wouldn't expect them to put another franchises song on the stage but it works SO WELL. Now that we know there'll be cross-franchise songs on stages, all we need is Punch Punch March and King Dedede's theme on the Punch Out Arena.

Then I'll be happy.