• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Super Best Friends Thread

Favorite Zaibatsu Member?

• Matt

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Pat

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • Woolie

Votes: 37 32.7%
  • Liam

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Zach

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
One of the first things that Matt says is, "I really wanted to wait until Beowulf and Eliza are out because I love those characters but we couldn't delay it any longer."

Then Pat says, "Well we can do it again once Beowulf and Eliza are out."

Zaibatsu confirmed Beowulf fans and willing to do another Skullgirls episode once all the DLC Characters are out.

I was kind of hoping they would blow Pat's mind by showing off the in-game hitbox viewer.

I think Pat just didnt know how updated the game was.

for all he knew, it was the same the day it came out.

When's Mahvel?

YOU WANT THAT MARVEL HYPE, BUT WITHOUT ALL THE DICKS?!?!?!?!

SKUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: SanoBaron
I'm still watching but so far hearing Pat change his views on the game has been one of the highlights of my week. These guys have had nothing but good things to say, it almost brings a tear to my eye.

Almost, because crying is for sissies.

now come on. everyone should cry every once in a while.

I know Woolie is gonna cry once he hits a specific episode in W. :PUN: I can't wait.

Only in special circumstances Sanoblaze, otherwise you're being a wuss.

Anyway I didn't expect Woolie to be the one to be the most well versed in the lore. I did of course expect him to be the best player but it was a shocker to hear him know so much about the story. Liam too, I could tell that he knows a thing or two about what's going on. Also I'm glad to see that he likes to go solo with his characters.
It's viable, it's totally viable.

oh I'm not saying be a big babby all the time.

just, if you feel the need to cry because something speaks to you, even on a personal level, don't be afraid to let it out all over your face with the tears.

Skullgirls confirmed best western fighter 'cause Woolie said so.

it can't possibly beat Girlfight.

seriously, I want them to play that because me and a friend shit on it so much.

Well he might find out soon enough, he did say he was on board.

Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer - The Amazing Superfriends!

Reactions: juju_for_president
So their new themed month is Superhero Games? YES!

There are so many terrible ones out there, I can't wait to see what they've got!

The newer videos got me wondering: now I have never read Berserk, but I've seen a bit of it here and there and I gotta ask.

Is Akuma from Street Fighter based on Zodd? I've seen some pictures of him in human form and thought "that looks like Akuma!"

Is Akuma from Street Fighter based on Zodd? I've seen some pictures of him in human form and thought "that looks like Akuma!"
I think it's just a coincidence. There is definitely a resemblance, but outside of the nose and eyes it isn't much. I would'nt be surprised if it was though, since SF has taken a number of inspirations from other Manga (most notably Jojo).

I mean why not?

Rose is directly based on Lisa Lisa.

I think it's just a coincidence. There is definitely a resemblance, but outside of the nose and eyes it isn't much. I would'nt be surprised if it was though, since SF has taken a number of inspirations from other Manga (most notably Jojo).
Well Matt was saying his whole motivation is to "fight the strongest warriors" which is where I was reminded of that.

Also since we now have super hero month, I guess we can assume the next few Fisticuffs are gonna be MAHVEL and Injustice, right?

Huh, so the theme month this year is Super Heroes?
I'm totally fine with that, allows much more variety than Russlemania, which I liked, but got repetitive at times.

Does this mean the Zaibatsu will finally play Wonderful 101? If so, then I approve of this month.

Guys there's a conflict.
This Friday is Friday Night Fisticuffs, so they have to play a Fighting Game. However, it's also the 4th of July which makes them obligated to play a Captain America Game.
They only have two options, find a Captain America based fighting game or do two separate videos.

they can do two videos in one day for just such an occasion. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that.

I just kinda hope they arent gonna shit too much on DC if they do Injustice. I'm just a fan of both DC and Marvel so I just am never comfortable with people shitting on one or the other.

I hope they shit on both, just to piss people off.

According to the neogaf best friends thread, Pat's been really getting into practicing Big Band. So that's cool.
oh, we all know Pat will.

For fisticuffs in superhero month, I expect MvC2 & UMvC3 (maybe a double episode like samurai shodown?) and Injustice at least. Maybe MvC1 & Marvel Super Heroes since they were rereleased as well.

I also expect a beat 'em ups episode for the capcom Punisher game.

they actually can't do one of the punisher games because it was a digital only and after disney delisted games that punisher game was removed and now they can't play it unless they get a PS3 with an account that owns it.

they actually can't do one of the punisher games because it was a digital only and after disney delisted games that punisher game was removed and now they can't play it unless they get a PS3 with an account that owns it.
Or they could just you know, fucking download that shit off of the internet.

they actually said they can't on the podcast.

So why can't they just torrent it?

THE AMAZING SUPER FRIENDS - SPAWN THE ETERNAL

yeesh those warping ps1 3D graphics hurt my head.

also that intro hub world is totally reminding me of Quake's starting area.

it hurts much how little they know about DC...

Their lack of lore knowledge while playing Skullgirls didn't bother me in the slightest.

Reactions: juju_for_president
yeah, but DC has a lot more lore than Skullgirls. at least Woolie brought up Red Son. that's one of my favorite comics of all time.

I don't see how that invalidates my point.
That point being stop worrying about it and just watch the video.