• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The team palette-matching thread

How important are matching colors

• 10 outta 10

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • 15 outta 10

Votes: 57 50.0%
  • 5 outta 2

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • I'm a loser who doesn't think matching colors is important even though it's everything

Votes: 15 13.2%

• Total voters

Zidiane

Doing my best
Reaction score
Steam
Zidiane
PSN
zidiane5
XBL
Zidiane
Cerebella
I never walk out of the house unless my shoelaces match the stitching of my underwear. And I do the same with my color palettes. Post your team colors here. Which teams have the best matching colors? Don't be restricted to simply the colors, themes can also match. Show screen shots of your team decked out, if possible (or a screen shot of each character on 3 woman teams).

I don't have steam so I can't take screen shots atm, but this is one of the several Eliza/Bella colors I'm using atm.
Can only use screen shots from the Palettes thread. These two colors actually work surprisingly well. I didn't think they would at first.
6c5d5s0.png
VbpBBBp.png

I can't get images

but sepia Big Band and b&w Peacock.
Most OP color combination.
I'll also use blue Filia and Shadow Fukua, I don't even like Sonic but it matches too well.

Reactions: zarkingphoton
I use Oliver parasoul and decapre fukua.

I like using the chocolate variations of my chars.
Chocolate Filia (palette 3)
Chocolate Parasoul (palette 6 and 13)
Dark Chocolate Fukua (palette 6)

Hehehe, they look so preeeettyyyy and gawgeous.

Valentine. Filia, Double. Costume 12, then 13, then Ice cream.

Can I rip the images from the Palettes of Skullgirls thread? Awesome.

imZVtCI5QVnQH.png
9eLX6b4.png

I actually usually love color-coding everything and take autistic levels of time for choosing color pallettes.... Except when I play skullgirls, it seems.
There, I just love to pick a random color and have a pleasant surprise if I know what inspired it, and if I don't or if it's a base color, well, it still looks awesome! :D

Although, When I'm already thinking about it, a Scanty-Filia-x-Kneesocks-Parasoul-x-ZONE-Squigly would be.... quite neat to look at.
....And as a Team they wouldn't be all that bad either. Maybe I'm onto something here.....

I'm an enthusiast of the purple+green colour combo. If I can't have that, I usually settle for just purple.
LSjGYZO.jpg
bKbfHMl.jpg
sgLrTs4.png
HYoObQS.png

I got a thing for red colors myself

1684dc0f143fb1de88634dd07ee064af.png
4c4d1b098927607fc93a71234cbb4ad8.png
89f20aa69c8561b306f19fa580d4308e.png
a48d4aaef313049b29c2041abda0a0fb.png

BAeAA7n.png
lvQkRHE.jpg
Milk Chan Palette for Obvious reasons and the Big Band one because its pretty and matches.

I see Muro is a fellow purplegreen bro
main team
team1_zps2c43fdf7.jpg

2nd
team2_zps59d0ce70.png

That bellaband match tho

3rd
team3_zpsf3efd814.jpg

i thought everyone knew Pallette match gives dmg boost...

when I pick my matching color tm pre set...then i go into a match w someone who has one of my characters of the same color....and the game switches my color so i aint matching no more..

fuuuuuuu.

Blinding your opponent is very important.

eWSDAfO.jpg

I just pick solo characters but when I do pick a team its a theme from a different game like team guilty gear or team KOF or just team yellow characters

Decapre Fukua, Shantae Filia, and Hsien-Ko Peacock.

I love this thread. Color coordination is the foundation of any successful team, whether designed to look as beautiful as possible, or as gross as possible. Most of my teams start out as fun color schemes, and maybe eventually move into testing someday.

Skullgirls Main Team.PNG

My primary team. Use this to test people's skill, or when shit starts getting serious.

Skullgirls Tertiary Team.PNG

My secondary team. Usually run with this one if I come across somebody who just can't deal with my main team.

Skullgirls Backup Team.PNG

My old primary team. Still break this one out from time to time when I feel like goofing off.

Skullgirls Auxillary Team.PNG

Thought this team looked promising for a while, then just gave up on it for some reason. With a better color scheme than I had before, I'm feeling good about bringing this team back for a few trial runs . . .

Reactions: Dime
Main
SG_palette_Val02.jpg
SG_palette_MF13.jpg
SG_palette_Cere03.jpg
(oh though I might change Bella to the USA color for matching service)

Counter-pick (in case I fail to use Ms. Fortune properly)
SG_palette_Val07.jpg
SG_palette_Doub06.jpg
SG_palette_Cere20.jpg

I might post more for ideas since I tend to change colors often.

I like using Eliza's Ragyo palette(#18) with Squigly's #16 palette
B29c8u4l.jpg

k.png

Okay so here's my stuff
23898dbab7.jpg
3d3056225f.jpg

a0cc5790ab.jpg

Anybody got any idea what Parasoul palette matches Eliza's 11th palette a.k.a. her Tharja color the most?

Anybody got any idea what Parasoul palette matches Eliza's 11th palette a.k.a. her Tharja color the most?
13 I guess, maybe 6.

Pink hair mafia.
AaZGyHy.png

I try to go red, black, and white when possible.
qhLD5Xd.png
I don't really know what I'm trying to go for, evil?
o8vQ9Io.png
I guess I just try to make it obvious who's playing.
Lcy6xTI.png

Man, Filia's palette selection suuucks.

Man, Filia's palette selection suuucks.
I think the same about Cerebella... then she got the Annie palette,

Main Team: Parasoul(#21), Eliza(#7), Filia(#21)
or
Parasoul(#21), Fukua(#17), Filia(#21)

9wChEdF.png
I mean... there was a Battletoads port on the genesis...

4f4e10b716.jpg
Why is Fortune so hard to match with everyone else?

It's why no one plays fortune.

Default palettes are the best color coordination if you ask me.

I use lk fortune (which is a default to me considering that's old fortune) and default big band.

SG_palette_MF04.jpg
OR
SG_palette_MF01.jpg
SG_palette_BB01.jpg

Color coordination is for nerds. Shots fired or something.

Last edited:
Prof. Xavier voice: To me, my X-Men!
NP30X5g.jpg

Jean Grey Parasoul, Cable Peacock, and Wolverine Beowulf for the future. One could include Magneto Filia because Magnus has been part of the team off and on. Using Sentinel Painwheel (12 + 19) would be just wrong.