• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Titanfall Thread

Spellbound

Hair-dasher
Reaction score
Steam
AZ_Spellbound
PSN
SoftShocks
Fukua Filia
The beta has been release and i truely love it so far. Face pace shooter with mechs is exactly what i wanted to get me back into the shooter community.
I also like to pretend my titan is an EVA =3
Anyways discuss Titanfall here.

I wish EA wasn't the publisher, since I'm now torn on wanting to get it when it comes out (which is my birthday, oddly enough).

Reactions: Dime and Spellbound
I wish EA wasn't the publisher, since I'm now torn on wanting to get it when it comes out (which is my birthday, oddly enough).
I would recommand it. Its like COD 4 but with....MECHSSSSSSSS

I've played the beta. THAT'S WHY I'M TORN D:

Yeah, i just played it tonight for about two hours and really enjoyed it, preordering on wednesday =D

My issue is with EA and having to use Origin, which is already a Steam knockoff. It's nowhere near visually appealing. They could've gone to another publisher and possibly gotten it on the Steamworks system. Now, that can't happen because EA.

Even though Steam > Origin; so they're kinda losing out in that regard.

Reactions: Spellbound
I'm torn as well, but mostly because it's a full $60 for a multiplayer only game. It's even more tragic since a single player titanfall campaign would be bad ass and we all know it.
Also:
It had to happen.

Reactions: Spellbound
^^^ it doesnt release until the 13th out here in au. And i am away till he 19th so i will probably have to wait till the 20th to play it.

But man was i not a happy camper when i heard ea was the publisher.

I really really hate ea's sign in stupidity. Its like i have to help them out after spending my money on their game. I REALLY REALLY hate it.

And now i hear that there is no single player campaign and yet the game is still full price and i still have to make an origins account and i still have to buy season passes... Yeah not liking this at all. I'm going to seriously try to boycott their products after titanfall releases.

I dont generally buy there games much anyways but... I feel like im being forced into titanfall since good games are so sparse for the next gen consoles.

I'm torn as well, but mostly because it's a full $60 for a multiplayer only game. It's even more tragic since a single player titanfall campaign would be bad ass and we all know it.
Also:
It had to happen hacks as always.

I do not agree with that...

Single player campaigns in similar games such as CoD and BF are mostly just BAD. They just spend a few million on a single player that is mostly just a rail shooter through expensive levels that they had to design for it.

I think its good that TF is saying "F*k single player, we all know that you dont really need that."

Single player campaigns in similar games such as CoD and BF are mostly just BAD. They just spend a few million on a single player that is mostly just a rail shooter through expensive levels that they had to design for it.
Yes, if they put no effort into it, it will suck. That goes without saying.

I think its good that TF is saying "F*k single player, we all know that you dont really need that."
You can do that, it's perfectly fine, you just need to realize that it changes the value of your game and have the business model reflect that.
If it was free to play (and EA didn't fuck it up) it would be fine. If it were $30-40 it would be fine too. $60 for something with no content other than the multiplayer is a bit too much. Especially because it doesn't really contain more content than your average call of duty multiplayer at launch.

I've been enjoying this game immensely. I play on XBO. PC is best choice(until Origin tells you to no). I wouldn't go near the 360 version...it got delayed til April and well, its probably going to be a severely gimped version...if you're REALLY hankering to use a gamepad...play on PC or get an XBO. The movement can get crazy, but I've seen couple folks rocking 360 pads with the PC version and doing well.

My favorite mode has to be LTS (Last Titan Standing), playing with friends. I like the Round based, gears-ish(big, hulking masses with somewhat confined play areas) feel to the mode. I love the movement options Pilots have. Sucks the campaign doesn't really tell you much at all...they should have added unlockable cutscenes that you can watch later to learn more about the world and characters...that simply is not explained. Which is sad. World is pretty interesting looking, by the maps anyway.