• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Europe The UK and Ireland Skullgirls thread

TiredOcean

3S Scrub
Reaction score
Steam
TiredOcean
Valentine Filia
Hey guys,
I didn't see a thread for us in the "British Isles" scene as of yet, so I decided to take the plunge and set one up. So if you're from the UK or Ireland, come over here and matchmake and whatnot. I won't be that active a member, as I've got tons of school stuff right now, but I hope some of the usual suspects (Mr. Peck and Chep are the ones I can remember) can contribute and help this community grow.

Links and stuff:
  • Here's the EU PC Skullbats thread. Sign up and make your country proud!
  • For those of us living near London, The Heart of Gaming is a brand-new arcade in West London, open from 4pm to midnight, that has a dedicated console room for games such as Skullgirls. The prices are fantastic: the priciest single day pass is £10 on a Saturday. A fair amount of PS3 set-ups in the console room have Skullgirls already installed, but do check before going and organising a meetup there - better safe than sorry. (I'm not sure about the Xbox setups but they tend to be hogged by the SF, KoF and MvC players anyway.)
  • If you want some info to be added here, just post or PM me!

YES
YES
A SKULLGIRLS THREAD FOR THE BRITISH
I AM HAPPY

Fellow Brit reporting in. Would love to play SG locally with my kindred, but the only reliable place seems to be that gig in London mentioned in the OP. Currently situated in the North East, making it impractical to take a 3 hour train just to play some games. But who knows, might pop down if there is an event going on.

I wonder why I haven't been to this thread before. I would really like to play against some people locally. I used to play in Skull-bats Europe on the PS3 but due to being at Uni which doesn't allow connection to stuff like PSN, I haven't really been able to keep up.

Oh thank god I thought this was posted ages ago. Yes I am from England, London to be more specific I would love to vs people locally and improve my skills am a scrub but I've been training with some of the best players I know and I want to become really good so I can help raise Skullgirls popularity :)

I'll definitely try to come if there is an event going on that I can go to. Oh and feel free to add me

Where in the country are you from, @Cybermanworf? I'm in Brighton and have converted a few friends from my local FGC to SG. We very occasionally make pilgrimages to the HoG but it's usually for SF or the anime night. The guy's house we normally stay with is not an SG player so we can't stay with him if we're just going for SG. If all goes well with getting us all up to a reasonable standard, I would love to throw a tournament down here! How many of you play in EU Skullbats?

Last edited:
Where in the country are you from, @Cybermanworf? I'm in Brighton and have converted a few friends from my local FGC to SG. We very occasionally make pilgrimages to the HoG but it's usually for SF or the anime night and the guy's house we normally stay with is not an SG player so we can't stay with him. If all goes well with getting us all up to a reasonable standard, I would love to throw a tournament down here! How many of you play in EU Skullbats?

Normally I live in a place called Worksop which is in Nottingham. I say normally because that is where I am from but I am also a Uni student so when I head back sometime in September I will be going back to Sunderland. Hope that clears up that question @stealthygeist.

I'm originally from Chesterfield but am at uni in Brighton, so I know where Worksop is- you go out via Staveley & then Barlborough IIRC. If I was home this summer I would totes meet up but I have to stay down here as I am doing resit exams. There is def an FGC in Sheffield but they are mainly SF- or at least, they were the last time I was there which was several years ago now.

Also who's that in your icon?

Also since @Alex12898 seems to also be from the North East maybe you could arrange something with him?

My avatar icon is character called Takatora Kureshima from one of the Kamen Rider series which I have recently gotten into. He has been my favourite character in this series and I am keeping the avatar of him until the current shows runs ends, then I will probably go to something else. Also on the subject of avatar icons, nice Tokyo Ghoul avatar Stealthy, just been reading that series and it's so good.

Partially back on topic, It would be cool to meet @stealthygeist since normally we don't live that far away but yeah Brighton is quite far, which is a shame.

Also @Alex12898 where in the north east do you live, I go to the Sunderland Uni, so you might be somewhere close to where I live.

Ah I know where that is, I haven't been there but it shouldn't be that difficult getting there.

Hey guys,
  • For those of us living near London, The Heart of Gaming is a brand-new arcade in West London, open from 4pm to midnight, that has a dedicated console room for games such as Skullgirls. The prices are fantastic: the priciest single day pass is £10 on a Saturday. A fair amount of PS3 set-ups in the console room have Skullgirls already installed, but do check before going and organising a meetup there - better safe than sorry. (I'm not sure about the Xbox setups but they tend to be hogged by the SF, KoF and MvC players anyway.)

I made a thread to see if anyone in the UK would support the idea of a meetup at the HOG. There's someone I have on steam that goes there frequently, and he can check the systems for us.

Here's the thread if you're interested: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/uk-skullgirls-meetup-heart-of-gaming.5157/

I am now in Sunderland again so I might be able to meet up with some of you guys a bit more easier.