• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Very Fortunate Ms. Fortune thread

Alright this has bothered me for so long. In the Canon info thread it says Ms. Fortune does age and will most likely die of old age. So if Lorenzo used the life gem to stop aging then why does Ms Fortune age?

If you think about every problem Ms Fortune comes across could be solved by stretching her limbs a little longer.

Alright this has bothered me for so long. In the Canon info thread it says Ms. Fortune does age and will most likely die of old age. So if Lorenzo used the life gem to stop aging then why does Ms Fortune age?
Whatever Lorenzo does with the gem is probably way different than what Fortune does with it.
I mean I really doubt he licks it every day, it's probably some sort of ritual or something.

Reactions: Magma442
Whatever Lorenzo does with the gem is probably way different than what Fortune does with it.
I mean I really doubt he licks it every day, it's probably some sort of ritual or something.

Wait licks it I thought she was the life gem how could she....OHHHHH

She's a cat. Cat's clean themselves.

You think Fortune could get high off catnip?
That'd be fucking radical
I'm sad that I can't find that one 'Ask Ms. Fortune' where she does gets high off catnip.
It's just been lost forever in the internet somewhere, thanks to the closure of said blog.
Please help me find it.
tumblr_nplsdu94d71qj5jqso1_540.gif

This is the closest I could find to anything catnip related with Ms. Fortune.

Attachments

• tumblr_lw30iurfXw1r83xxwo1_1280.png
    tumblr_lw30iurfXw1r83xxwo1_1280.png
    182.7 KB · Views: 10,180
Reactions: majorgalaxy
I had to paws to eat dinner. You got me beat though. Congratulations.

This is relevant:

Last edited:
Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
I recall Ms. Fortune dedicated the rest of her life to avenging the Fish Bone gang by wiping out the Medici's in there entirety, but so far in the story hadn't made much progress.
But in Peacocks story at the end she basically says "I think i'm going to kill all the Medici's now" and walks right up the the Medici penthouse.
This leads me to believe that Ms. Fortune has a selective mentality of an actual cat, and couldn't attack Lorenzo because each time she "attacked" she just meowed and scratched at the Medici Tower front doors.

Reactions: Magma442
Now for a realllllly super serious lore question:
BdplnLn.jpg
What would you call Fortune's leg apparel?

What if Fortune is still wearing the same pair of pants she was wearing when she was murdered? The garment splits along the same lines as her scars. Or are they leg warmers? Some Canopy Kingdom fashion statement?

Im going to say what Alex Ahad says. It looks cool no real purpose honestly

I think it's the same pants since she never bothers to change out of the two square feet of tank top.

Another reason why I think she didnt change pants is because the camel toe with the ripped jeans is just as strong with the normal jeans.

WOW. I'm seeing a lot of questions here. Questions I can answer with my own game theory (so, not actual answers, but proposals and what-ifs).

I imagine she will still hurt every time she dismembers herself, since she heals over each time. How else would she stay together if her tissues weren't reattaching with each other? I don't imagine they'd heal all the way, though. Not even the bones, if the bones healed at all. However, she'd have much higher pain tolerance, and she'd be used to it. Elastic muscles would just feel super weird, but taking off her body parts will probably hurt.

Also, I don't believe she's still wearing her old pants. I believe she's wearing pants she personally modified. Speaking of which, she probably wears those kinds of pants to cover up a little more. If she wore normal pants, she wouldn't be able to use her leg-dismemberment attacks so much.

In my personal opinion, she'd actually look better in Daisy Dukes. With or without the other parts to her outfit.

ms__fortune__skullgirls_neo__character_sheet_by_sigfriedofgaea-d9i4j9f.jpg

This leads me to believe that Ms. Fortune has a selective mentality of an actual cat, and couldn't attack Lorenzo because each time she "attacked" she just meowed and scratched at the Medici Tower front doors.

As for Ms. Fortune's approach for revenge on the Medicis as opposed to Peacock's approach, though I have a bias toward Ms. Fortune (as she's my current obsession, thank you Shoudha!), Peacock is admittedly more powerful overall. She's a one-girl army, but she also has the assistance of her crew... Avery, Tommy Ten-Tons, Andy Anvil... you get the idea. I figure bullets aren't going to stop her, especially because she's a cyborg host who can literally rip holes in the fabric of space (though not time, mind you). Ms. Fortune, on the other hand, is all by herself, and though she may outlive all of the Medicis, and has super stretchy powers and immortality, they can always stop her with enough bullets. I mean, with all of that blood flowing through her body, she'd be more susceptible to this nifty little thing I learned about today... called hydrostatic shock, or hydraulic shock. Google it, I dare ya. It's very brutal. So, no... she doesn't have that selective cat memory, but any acts of revenge she's probably made so far have been just about as effective as "meow[ing] and scratch[ing] at Medici Tower's front doors."

Moving on...

Am I the only one here that is bothered by the fact that her head can talk, only on the grounds that it's flat-out unrealistic?

Am I also the only one here bothered by the fact that her tail is not only a different color from her hair (like her ears), but can also turn into a sharp sword?

Alright, I've got a couple more What-Ifs.

I had created a couple of alternate realities for Skullgirls. One of which already has some work posted on my dA page (you can see three of them in this post), called Skullgirls Neo. Anyway, I changed many events in different ways based off of a bunch of what-if questions bouncing around in my head.

I'd love to hear your answers here...

- What if Nadia's incessant pun-making came about after The Incident, as a coping mechanism to deal with the EXTREME TRAUMA she had endured?

I mean, seriously, how could she emerge mentally unscathed from such an experience?

- What if Nadia had a (somewhat) irrational fear of power-cutters, such as chainsaws? That could be what was used to dismember her initially...

- What if Yu-Wan had found and raised Nadia, when she was just an orphan on the streets... and Minette, as an egg dropped near his doorstep? The Fishbone Gang would come by the restaurant frequently, Nadia would become enthralled with them, listening to their short stories and tall tales about their heists and whatnot, and they'd let her tag along, teaching her how to fight and steal. Yu-Wan would probably disapprove, but that wouldn't stop Nadia...

- What if Nadia became a crime-fighter? Devoted to taking down the Medicis like a vigilante, rather than taking the front-door approach? Psychological warfare, anyone? Thwarting drug deals and arms trades, exposing frauds, alongside kicking serious ass?

ms__fortune__s_g__neo__random_outfits_poses_by_sigfriedofgaea-d9i4ja8.jpg

That's all I have for now... :)

Last edited:
Honestly if you want to learn her it takes dedication like every other character, simple combo bnb studying, some advice from a fortune player (there's lots here) and A LOT of training you can probably learn her.

You just cat go wrong with maining Fortune.

Not really this games pretty fair when it comes to characters. You're not going to get punished for playing a certain character over another one. Play who you want.

Reactions: Wenzel