• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Theoretical character changes and their applications.

#GiveBellaAnAirdash

Man that's actually what that would be, imagine doing cHP jMP jHP(Cancelled) jLP jMP

Man that's actually what that would be, imagine doing cHP jMP jHP(Cancelled) jLP jMP
I got worse : on lights and mediums, corner :
C.hp j.hp j.hp, glide cancel to stop falling, otg j.hk c.mk stuff

Reactions: gllt
@gllt @dragonos451 Well... glide has a 15 frame startup before you can input anything, and if runstops' 19f were added to that in the form of a glidestop like I mentioned, yes, it would be a 34 frame air dash. That's as many frames as the vs ground hitstun of a j.hp. I highly suspect and combos involving such a thing as Glidestop would need assists.

Last edited:
Not the one I proposed but you got a point

Please give Big Band an AK-47

Please give Big Band an AK-47
I see no reason why not.
guitar-cover.jpg

Reactions: FuLLBLeeD
One interesting change I think would be during pushblock, you automatically block high AND low, so that you don't have to manually do it by holding the other direction from where pushblock started as we do now. It'd surely make offense just the slightest bit weaker since less room for defensive error, but I also think it'd benefit Parasoul a lot so that now she could crouch block and PBGC Pillar without fear from overheads.

What would be the correct time? As far as I've experienced, Peacock can always react to Egret Dive with Argus, since Dive has recovery and doesn't absorb the laser, and reacting to Argus with Silent Scope usually gets me Bandwagon'd by Double. I'd actually be super-pleased if I've just been handling the move wrong.

If they are reacting with DHC, then it kind of goes into a different set of questions that's wholly dependent on their DHC options (not all peacock players play Double second) and your own DHC options, so that's really just another point all together. Generally, you just need to call the Egret when you suspect the Peacock is going to throw the Airplane, since that's the troublesome bomb that the Egret helps cover, but you have to call it at a specific timing to be effective. It's important to realize that you need to be careful with it, and it won't solve the matchup at all, but it can help slightly and it puts pressure on Peacock for a second to not throw out non-item drop projectiles.

One interesting change I think would be during pushblock, you automatically block high AND low, so that you don't have to manually do it by holding the other direction from where pushblock started as we do now.
I think the reasoning behind it being like it is now is so that you can't get a free reversal. I can PBGC standing into a reversal DP/super yeah, but my opponent can predict that and go for a low to beat it. You only have two options at a time, one of the blocks and and one reversal attempt, or all blocks. If you could block both directions from Push and then PBGC into whatever you wanted, I think maybe that's be too powerful. It would mean that the attacker, after you push, HAS to back off and relieve pressure, cause they have no chance to hit you before you reversal. They would be forced to sit there and wait to see what you do.

I want Parasoul to be able to jump at least twice.
I also want her f.HP to move her forward some.

Last edited:
what if Eliza had a double jump?

What if all of Parasoul's fire attacks destroyed projectiles

fund it

That idea is good too.

For Parasoul's f.HP, I was thinking it should move her forward like Dante's stinger in MVC3. Meaning when she recovers she would be much closer to the opponent then when she started. And maybe it would negate a fireball or 2.

Basically I just want her to fight fireball characters better somehow.

What if Filia had an 8 way airdash?

What if Filia had an 8 way airdash?
What would she gain out of that?

What would she gain out of that?
In BlazBlue, Bang Shishigami can perform 8-way dashes in FRKZ mode or with nails mounted. It meant he could do things like dash directly at you for the overhead / crossover (a la Filia), jump, dash d+f and jab low, jump and dash d+b to bait stuff, or just run out the clock by dashing u+b or u+f over your head. An 8-way dash is just more options and less commitment. And don't even get us started on what Mahvel does with it.

If you hit (or not even) someone with a move while air dashing toward the ground, the recovery of the move is canceled upon landing, letting you do another move right away. So basically you get stronger pressure than you get with just a horizontal dash.

Keep in mind that this thread does not care whether a character needs something or not. This is only about how you would change a character (or really anything in the game that involves gameplay) and why.

EDIT: Although I guess you can elaborate as to why the change would/wouldn't be needed but I figure that may end up in a long chain of "nuh uh" "uh huh" replies.

Last edited:
From a game play stance I think it would be cool if solo characters had a burst they could use once a match similar to Blazeblue. I've gotten feedback on why this is not a thing but I always thought it would be a neat experiment.

Reactions: dead
does Filia even need stronger pressure though?
Filia would be more fun with an 8-way airdash, but if she got it some things about the game and the other characters would probably have to change though.

Solos should get alpha counters. Or did they get that already without me noticing?

yah a dead angle would be cool way for them to get out of pressure

Reactions: Daemyx
yah a dead angle would be cool way for them to get out of pressure
I would enjoy that, thank you very much.
But why only for solos? It would be helpful if you don't run a dp assist or your alpha counter sucks.

Roman Cancelling for Solos to allow them the same safe offensive and defensive pressure at the cost of meter. Would let me PBGC into Devil Horns then RC into lvl 3 for 4 bars.

Roman Cancelling for Solos to allow them the same safe offensive and defensive pressure at the cost of meter. Would let me PBGC into Devil Horns then RC into lvl 3 for 4 bars.

Parasoul would get ALL the roman cancels, I love it :D

Reactions: Cadenza and gllt
Roman cancel your Egret Cancel so you can Egret Cancel and roman cancel it

Reactions: fenster
I want a reversal for val. Be it a DP, or a decent super that is not combo filler or a long range punish or a shitty lvl 3 with giant startup.
Just it. I just want to play Val and be able to deal with infinite pressure from lockdown assists and multihit moves in the corner without having an invincible assist.

How stupid would being able to cancel Big Bank's j.HK into cymbals on block/whiff be?

Reactions: drewski
How stupid fun would being able to cancel Big Bank's j.HK into cymbals on block/whiff be?
the zoning

How stupid fun would being able to cancel Big Bank's j.HK into cymbals on block/whiff be?
Stupid, meter expensive fun. Imagine spending five bars worth of roman cancels doing j.hk into cymbals over and over (you'd have to stick other buttons in ther for it to combo eventually, but still).

Make one of Double's luger shots go upwards at an angle towards the opposite corner.

Give Filia lots of recovery frames on everything.

Big Band: Air SSJ