• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

There must be some kind of conspiracy...

Demifiend

Reaction score
PSN
Megaman
Big Band Filia Peacock
Recently, i was playing some damn good SRPG's, especially FE, then i checked the new Jontron video, and he has a little parody of the FE Gba supports, i was a little surprised, but nothing too bad, then once i finished with FE, i decided to repick recently my save of Ace Attorney Dual Destinies (awesome game), and i finished it, i only needed the DLC case, and then, i check DYKG (Did you know Gaming) talking about Amiibos, it was fine and all until the youtuber talked about Ace Attorney.

I decided to play Chrono Trigger, and i finally beat it, Projared talks about it, i did this thing, the next day someone famous (Either Youtube Users or general videogame news) appears with the exact same game that i'm playing, damn, could you believe that i was loving Live a Live (A squaresoft RPG, that only the most hardcore of the fans know), and that the only thing that can be considered "Famous" is a song called Megalomania, but even then, this happens.

For fuck's sake, this means that every game that i will play, even the darkest from the darkest depths of gaming, is guaranteed to have a video, and possibly increase a little the popularity of said game, and now i'm scared, how the fuck this happens?, is someone on the sky watching every game that i play?, is this just a simple coincidence of life?, i could understand if it was Minecraft, Fnaf or those kind of games, they are popular enough to have tons of videos (I don't play them either way).

I know that FE and CT are popular enough to guarantee videos, aswell AA, but Live a Live?, and i haven't even talked about X-Caliber 2097, game that i thought i was the only one who knew about it, and Gamegrumps talks about it, this is confusing, if someone talks about the Virtua Zero games and more in depth of the Bloody Roar fighting games, i don't know what will i say...

Uh... it was programmed into the game?

people like things so they make the videos of the things and everybody likes something and everything has somebody that likes it and youtube can be operated by a 5 year old

so the chances of you finding a video of whatever game is very high

people purposefully make videos of not well known or unpopular games too, so

edit:

and i haven't even talked about X-Caliber 2097, game that i thought i was the only one who knew about it

and i'm sure you're not serious about this
i mean, i haven't heard of it, but, every game has been heard of by at least two people outside the dev(s) that made said game

also, mind you, chrono trigger is popular, i was raised on SNES, i loved rpgs

didn't hear about that game until i was like, lol, 16?

so, it works in reverse too, sort of

In case you didn't know, Youtube recommends you videos based on what you'rve been recently/frequently watching. So watch videos related to rpg's, and sooner or later you'll have all sorts of rpg's in your related feed, even when it doesn't relate to what you're currently watching.

There's also the fact that your chances of stumbling upon something relevant to your interests increases the more time you spend looking up video games on youtube and whatnot.

All the games you mentioned are pretty well known too. Live A Live has gained a lot of notoriety in the age of the internet thanks to fan translations and whatnot. The fact that it has a Yoko Shimmomura soundtrack also leads a lot of people to it. Chrono Trigger is one of the most famous rpg's of all time, and Ace Attorney isn't exactly obscure either.

I have stumbled upon weird, cosmic coincidences (want a real mind blower? Think about the odds of your own birth) but I wouldn't say this is one of them.

Last edited: