• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Time to Boycott Indiana...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's completely unacceptable.

Hmmm if that law is passed and I would live in Indiana I would just use my new right to refuse doing any services for government whatsoever. Cause it's against my beliefs to help close minded people get what they want.

Reactions: Jimbob
For those that are unaware, there's a fundraiser still going on for the Indiana Youth Group:

Support LGBT Youth In Indiana

Most counties in Indiana do not have protection for LGBT people from discrimination. The recent changes to RFRA only protect LGBT folks in counties with those protections in place (Marion County where Indianapolis is DOES have those protections).

When Memories Pizza said they wouldn't serve pizza at a same-sex wedding, they were completely within their legal rights and still are. These expressions of intolerance and the ensuing fundraiser for hundreds of thousands of dollars send a terrible message to LGBT youth who already face more bullying, social pressure and higher rates of suicide.

Take a minute and, instead of trolling Memories on Yelp and being angry about it on Facebook and Twitter, donate $10; do something positive that will have a direct impact on LGBT youth in the state of Indiana.

I believe that we can and should out raise them 2x. All donations made will go to the Indiana Youth Group.

IYG has been around since 1987 providing safe spaces and support for LGBT youth. They were founded "in response to the dismal suicide, homeless, and dropout rates of self-identified gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender youth in Indianapolis. "

Executive Directory Mary Byrne is the direct beneficiary of this campaign.

$100,000 is their goal, and right now they've raised only $33,505. I've personally donated $30, and I encourage everyone to consider putting in what they can, or even just spreading the word.

Not directly related to the main topic, but gay marriage is now legal in the U.S.

I can't believe Obama released Stitch from Hawaii to free the gays

tumblr_nqkai8B0U61t1ceddo1_540.png

Macklemore did it, his sacrifices will not be in vain

Reactions: Ktulu
A hardware store owner in Tennessee put up a sign that read “NO Gays ALLOWED”. The sign was replaced with one that he feels is “more nicer” after he was supposedly advised that the previous sign’s wording was too blunt but the intent is apparently the same.

From what I understand, it’s not entirely settled if placing a sign like this in your front window and denying service to someone on the basis of their sexual orientation is legal in states like Tennessee and even Indiana where that’s not explicitly protected like race or religion.

whats with Christians and trying to hide bigotry and discrimination under "free speech, and freedom of religion"???

remember when white people did this stuff to try and refuse black patrons?

Best part is when christens say they are the one being persecuted.

You can't use your right to free speech to deny other people's rights.

Locked due to breaking the "no political threads/etc." rule under the OT rules.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.