• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Toonami Thread

Ohohohoho.....this episode was SO CLOSE to fridging Ashi and I was ready to press the I told you so button....

Well she still got taken hostage so predictable plot twist is predictable.

Also RIP Guardian....You will be missed.

Reactions: KZN02 and Dr.Sanity
Kinda sucks that the Guardian was disposed of off-screen, and I was sad (but expected) that Scaramouche would get offed for leading Aku on like that. Glad we got to see him in his body one last time though

upload_2017-5-13_23-33-18.png

I'm just....really disappointing the writing started taking a nosedive. Action scenes are still great but I feel like quite a bit of the season's time was wasted. I don't see how Jack is going to team up with the Scottsman in about 30 minutes, then get to the ast, then slay aku (AGAIN) without some super turbo rush rushing.

Ashi's revelation was pretty cool and we got a decent fighting scene, but then I realized I didnt really care. If Jack killed her it would have stank of the notorious bad writing trope of stuffing Women in Refrigerators, and if he didnt it sets up the drama for the next episode which is already struggling to close up these plot points. Just...bleugh. For a show all about keeping me on my toes, this feels super linear.

Akushi was cool as fuck though I'll give them that.

Reactions: Dr.Sanity
I'm just....really disappointing the writing started taking a nosedive. Action scenes are still great but I feel like quite a bit of the season's time was wasted. I don't see how Jack is going to team up with the Scottsman in about 30 minutes, then get to the ast, then slay aku (AGAIN) without some super turbo rush rushing.

Ashi's revelation was pretty cool and we got a decent fighting scene, but then I realized I didnt really care. If Jack killed her it would have stank of the notorious bad writing trope of stuffing Women in Refrigerators, and if he didnt it sets up the drama for the next episode which is already struggling to close up these plot points. Just...bleugh. For a show all about keeping me on my toes, this feels super linear.

Akushi was cool as fuck though I'll give them that.
he doesn't have to slay Aku in the past, he just has to get back to the past. That's what this series has been about.

I have a feeling they'll be able to pull it off. I mean, look at what Rick and Mitty did on it's season premiere, there was a ton of shit that went down and they still had time to spare.

he doesn't have to slay Aku in the past, he just has to get back to the past. That's what this series has been about.

I have a feeling they'll be able to pull it off. I mean, look at what Rick and Mitty did on it's season premiere, there was a ton of shit that went down and they still had time to spare.
But how is he going to do that now? Aku isnt stupid enough to try portal shenanigans again, and the Gaurdian (who was hyped up since season 4 about a decade ago which turned out to be a lol nope herring) is dead and the last hope for a portal is kapoof.

Actually lets recap. We need to meet up with the scottsman, Free Jack, regain the sword (AGAIN) Save Aishi, defeat Aku, get back to the past, kill aku (Double Kill!), and also find a way to not live forever. In about 30 minutes unless the next one is a one hour Series finale....but it wasn't advertised as such so :/

But how is he going to do that now? Aku isnt stupid enough to try portal shenanigans again, and the Gaurdian (who was hyped up since season 4 about a decade ago which turned out to be a lol nope herring) is dead and the last hope for a portal is kapoof.

Actually lets recap. We need to meet up with the scottsman, Free Jack, regain the sword (AGAIN) Save Aishi, defeat Aku, get back to the past, kill aku (Double Kill!), and also find a way to not live forever. In about 30 minutes unless the next one is a one hour Series finale....but it wasn't advertised as such so :/
We don't know that the Guardian is dead just yet.

We don't know that the Guardian is dead just yet.
If he isn't thats yet another thing that needs to be addressed in the series finale (which as stated above is already crammed with stuff to tidy up) but just like the Ashi conflict, if he was going to be here, they would have done it when they hyped up the last place he was.

If he shows up after all this I'd be shocked.

Last edited:
Samurai Jack didn't hype up that area, the fans and toonami did.

all of you saying we need to see Jack defeat Aku in the past, when we dont actually need to see that. all we need to know is that Jack makes it to the past.

I mean, they could always pull a directors cut of Terminator 2, and have the ending be an alternate future where Jack won.
we dont know.

but I trust them.

Aku's gonna die

but Jack's gonna die.

Ashi too.

It's gonna suck.

shouldn't community is not pleased be under f r e e at this point lol

Well.....Thats one way I guess... God I really wanna say Copout but I didnt even predict it.

EDIT: HA HA HA HA HA HA. INTO THE FRIDGE WITH YE!

FOOLISH SAMURAI.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Broseidon Rex
It was predictable, for the most part, but it was...serviceable. I'll admit I was super pessimistic about how this would end, but hey...it could have been far worst.

A longer season would have done this series some good though. I'll give the whole kabomb a 7.5/10

I honeslty did bust out laughing when Aishi died though. I actually thought they were gonna let her be for a minute there. What a way to go out....Guess time ripple corrections are slow AF.

It was predictable, for the most part, but it was...serviceable. I'll admit I was super pessimistic about how this would end, but hey...it could have been far worst.

A longer season would have done this series some good though. I'll give the whole kabomb a 7.5/10
The romance part would've felt better if we had like, 2-3 more episodes to give it space.

It did as much as it could with the episodes it had.

And in the end, I got what I wanted.
Pretty good ending.

Just kinda wish we'd get a confirmation if
The future timeline still exists, like the Days of Future Past.
But given that it appears EVERYONE died, I don't think it's worth still existing

I can accept this ending...kinda.
Shouldn't jack disappear too since ashi won't exist to send him back to the past?Time Travel Problems.

Its a sad ending, but at least its an ending.

Also its Gurren Lagann's ending.

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
I can accept this ending...kinda.
Shouldn't jack disappear too since ashi won't exist to send him back to the past?Time Travel Problems.
Stable time loops bro. Aku is the one who sent Jack to the past, which started the time ball. Jack lives throught he world he made. Ashi brings Jack back to his time and slays aku. This destroys AKu's reign, but doesnt prevent Jack from travelling back in the first place.

Its a sad ending, but at least its an ending.

Also its Gurren Lagann's ending.
I know. I was watching the ending with some friends and we all came to the same conclusion.

Genndy love references.

Also, I feel the need to post this here, since I was right.
d0e.jpg

Last edited:
Despite what I heard elsewhere, I found the ending satisfactory. That being said, I remembered a particular line from another cartoon that must have spoiled that episode.

Again, for every person saying it would have been impossible to end Samurai Jack in 22 minutes.
This is the same guy who did the first season of Clone Wars.
Yknow, the thing that had tons of story in just 5 minute episodes each?

I have been so used to Greg Baldwin at this point that i didn't even notice that it was actually Mako and not a redub

The image for Jotaro is so clearly cropped poorly a;slkdjf

it
doesn't look like a rehash of the first series at least?