• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Tutorial: Extracting Voice Clips

Cellsai

BEEP BOOP BAN
Reaction score
Website
askminette.tumblr.com
Valentine Cerebella
For this tutorial, first you must make sure you have downloaded Skullmod and Dragon UnPACKer.
  1. Open Skullmod.
  2. Go into wherever you installed Skullgirls. It should be something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skullgirls Beta\data01". Find the file called 'characters-win.gfs' and drag it into Skullmod. Click 'Unpack'
  3. This should create a folder called 'characters-win' in the same folder as the *.gfs file. Go into that folder and you'll find a bunch of *.snd-wav files.
  4. Open Dragon UnPACKer. Click 'File' and select 'HyperRipper'.
  5. In HyperRipper, select the 'Formats' tab. It'll bring up a window with lots of file types. Click 'All/None' at the bottom so all the file types are selected.
  6. Next select the 'Search' tab. In the Source, click the '...' button and find the *.snd-wav file you want to use.
  7. Click 'Search' and all the individual *.wav files should start to appear in the list. When it's done, click "OK" to close HyperRipper.
  8. Back in Dragon UnPACKer you should have a full list of *.wav files. Select all of these (left click to select the first one, then scroll to the bottom the list, hold shift and left click the last one), then right click and "Extract files to...", "Without Conversion". Save the files wherever you want on your PC.
Optional:
So now you've got a file with a few hundred sound clips which you can listen to at your leisure. If you want to combine them all into a single sequential audio file for some reason you'll need to download Audacity and add a plugin to it.
  1. Once you've got Audacity installed, go here and download the latest version of AppendImport.ny. Make sure you're getting the latest version as the older one also listed on the page will not work. After it's downloaded simply drag the *.ny file into your audacity\plugins folder.
  2. Open Audacity. Select the 'Generate' tab at the top of the screen and click "Append Import..."
  3. This brings up a small window. In the "Import Folder" box paste in the full address of the folder where you saved all your *.wav files in step 8. It'll be something like "C:\Users\Cellsai\Desktop\Bella files". Click OK when you're done.
  4. Give it a couple of seconds and then the Audacidty timeline should fill up with a blue audio pattern. Go up to 'File' and click 'Export Audio' and save it whereever you want in whatever format you want. It'll then ask you to add some meta tags to it, but you can skip this if you want.
  5. Finished!

Last edited:
Please let me know if there's any mistakes or confusing parts to this. I might come back and add pictures later to make it easier to follow.

Thanks for this tutorial and do you know where the announcer's audio are located in?

Thanks for this tutorial and do you know where the announcer's audio are located in?
Yup.

They're in Skullgirls Beta\data01\characters-win\temp\hitspark_alt1.snd-wav and \hitspark.snd-wav

Reactions: Aden
Thanks again. ^^

This is the kind of extra i'd want the game to have (a sound test mode or maybe an extra product, like the Digital Art Compendium)

So... @Mike_Z , i know the development of Skullgirls is complete and all but any chance of getting the sounds in a more "official" way?

any chance of getting the sounds in a more "official" way?
I mean, I don't think I'd mind just releasing a dump of all the WAVs, but that's the option that's the least work for us.

Reactions: gluemchen
I'd love it! If there's no licensing trouble doing it, that is.

Cellsai - Thank you very much! (^_^) This'll help a lot with the vids I'm working on.

Mike Z - I'd pay for an Audio Library DLC.