• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Twitch Plays Pokemon

Broseidon Rex

POWER UP!
Reaction score
Steam
Will Drop For Diamonds
XBL
Broseidon Rex
Cerebella
Remember when you used to play videogames with siblings and you would fight over the controller to play? Now imagine doing this with 12k others trying to play pokemon. Simply type the control you want and watch hilarity ensue
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon
In nearly two days, they managed to beat Misty. Really wish Twitch saved chat history.

"I want off Mister Twitch's Wild Ride"
"DID WE BEAT MISTY YET?!?"
"DOWNS, Kill yourself"
"Is this what hell is like?"
"This is like a Spirit Bomb, we need to gather our strength"
"Holy Shit Yall made it to the house"
"USE DAT HELIX FOSSIL"

I dunno how I feel about this, even though I like the idea the stream has apparently been hammering the chat servers really really hard.

Twitch chat has been eating random messages left and right.

Reactions: Killabyte
tumblr_n157c81ynE1qkl76lo1_500.jpg

Hey now they finally got flareon

OH GOD THEY GOT FLAREON!! The trolling!

The butthurt from when Red got Eevee was so hilarious since people wanted Lapras last night

I just can't wait for the Safari Zone and how pissed the chat's gonna be there

Edit: BAHAHAHA! they just put Pidgeot in the Pc, it's gonna be hell to get it back out.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
And so they escape from team rocket hq forced to go through it again

Social Psychologists would have a field day with this.

Reactions: jam1220
Bout time someone made the know your meme entry

how have they even got this far is amazing in itself. this is aggravating to watch.
EDIT: question, what is the anarchy democracy meter about?
EDIT 2: FLAREON DOWN, I REPEAT FLAREON DOWN

Last edited:
]EDIT: question, what is the anarchy democracy meter about?

Anarchy means that each button that is said will happen (What the stream has been for the past 5 days) while democracy means that a period of time several inputs will be placed by the people in chat, the input that was stated the most wins and will activate.

With the picture below, the input system is in Anarchy until the it hits the dotted line, which will activate Democracy and place the dotted line towards anarchy and the cycle repeats.
Democracy Anarchy bar.png

Edit: Democracy is not gonna work at all in this since Start almost always wins...

Last edited:
Reactions: klaww
democracy takes all the fun out, also our false prophet has been destroyed

Waiting until they go back to the pc in an attempt to get the helix fossil back and someone manages to release pidgeot. The salt will be hilarious.

democracy takes all the fun out, also our false prophet has been destroyed
I like the fact that it exists simply because it's like red is violently switching from kind of being able to control himself to horrifying insanity, but in practice it just makes the stream really boring for a couple minutes until anarchy is reinstated.
I think the reason it's there is because there's no way anarchy can clear a puzzle, though.

Even Democracy really won't be able to work since people always forget or just ignore the stream delay and end up stepping on a piece that sends Red back to the beginning of the puzzle.... and repeat with ten second waits

THEY GOT THE HELIX FOSSIL BACK OUT. THE WAY HAS BEEN REFOUND!

Reactions: YoshimitsusEspeon
OH DEAR GOD WE AT GIOVANNI NOW!

Edit: NO BIRD JESUS, DON'T USE WHIRLWIND ON KANGASKHAN!
Both of them had one life point left, but twitch decided Whirlwind would've been the right move...

im so heated, now we have an excuse to go back to democracy, which is a sin to our lord helix fossil

I haven't been participating but ducking in to check up every now and then.

I found it absolutely hilarious that they are flailing around Celdaon then could barely hold my stomach inside when I heard they actually lost to Giovani.

I haven't been participating but ducking in to check up every now and then.

I found it absolutely hilarious that they are flailing around Celdaon then could barely hold my stomach inside when I heard they actually lost to Giovani.
it was the curse of flareon

I want the xy tiers to be established now so that I can build an NU team based around a flareon with the name "False Prophet."

Reactions: Arcana
Democracy mode is the stupidest idea and makes the whole thing moot in my opinion.... Didn't know that existed. How not fun.

That was the best, it really was. Entertaining things happen often enough that it doesn't become too monotonous. Just need to remove democracy mode and this would be perfect.

Reactions: Arcana