• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Painwheel Unable to call third char assist when charging cr.hk

Kyugetsuki

aspiring game dev-ish~
Reaction score
Steam
Kyugetsuki
Painwheel Unknown Unknown
As the title says, I'm unable to call the assist of the third character in my team when charging cr.hk. I can call the second assist when charging cr.hk and can call both assists while charging cr.hp so I don't see why I can't do this.

Edit: With the input list on, it seems it shows me pressing MP instead of showing the MK+HP.

More Edit: Calling any assists while charging cr.mp seems to not work either. Input lists says I'm pressing LK when using Macro 1 and HK when using Macro 2.

Should also note that I'm using a keyboard.

Last edited:
just tested it now and it is fine. are you playing on a keyboard?

ghosting? try to change the inputs to different buttons of your keyboard just to test

i had the same problem with cilia slide, just changed the inputs and it was fine

Nope doesn't work and my test cases posted in the opening post should prove that its not the keyboards fault. Specifically the cr.hp test case.

Oh nvm I think I know what you mean. Edit: NVM. Still doesnt work.

More Edit: With the input list on, it seems it shows me pressing MP instead of showing the MK+HP.

Will test again tomorrow with my other keyboard to see if it really is the keyboard's fault.

Last edited:
Default assist input is MP HK I believe.
If you're holding HK, you can't press MP + HK together to call an assist because you're already holding one of the necessary buttons.

If you want to do this, do MK + HP while holding HK.

If that doesn't work, it's ghosting.

Last edited:
Ok. Yeah it is ghosting. I switched it to MK HP around the problem went to my cr.hp. Thanks.

Ahh... Yeap quite a lot of keys issues...well I'm glad I have another keyboard.

Ahh... Yeap quite a lot of keys issues...well I'm glad I have another keyboard.

Unless your other keyboard is mechanical or has circuitry worth over $1000, it's probably going to have the same issue.

Ghosting is a problem that can't really be fixed if you don't have a keyboard that will rid of it entirely. "Gaming" and "anti-ghosting" membrane keyboards tend to move the ghosting off to other keys, away from WASD, QE, RFTG, etc, as those are the keys that are used most often. For Skullgirls, it won't help in the slightest.