• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

PS4 Unable to Cross Play with PS3

Deadacid

Reaction score
Beowulf Robo Fortune
Just bought this cuz my friend has it on PS3 (I'm on PS4) and we've been trying to play each other all day, but neither of us gets invites from the other and we don't see each other in the unranked room list. I thought this game was suppose to have cross play? What gives?

I think you can't give invites between consoles but you can make an unranked room and have him find it, idk.

Fumako is pretty much correct.

PSN doesn't come with support for invites between PS3 and PS4, and writing our own cross-platform invite system wasn't feasible. GG Xrd has the same issue.

The best you can do for now is to create an unranked room in a different region (say, Africa) and find your friend that way.

The situation will be somewhat improved when we implement lobbies sometime after the Vita version is released, since then you'll be able to make lobbies with specific names, which will make it easier to locate your friends.

tl;dr - It still supports cross-play, it's just not as user friendly as it could be (given more time, resources, etc)

Yeah we've been trying to do that, but we aren't able to find each other.

Alright I guess we'll keep trying, maybe cross play isn't available yet because Vita ver. Isn't out yet?

Yeah we've been trying to do that, but we aren't able to find each other.

Oh. Well then I don't know!

The room has to be public, and you have to do a search for the room in the same Region that it was created, and then you should be able to see it.

CodeRedBlue and I had a match successfully the other day with him on PS4 and myself on PS3. As stated above, one of you will need to make a public room to find each other. The PS3 will NOT show if the PS4 user is online (as a heads up) nor will they receive invitation messages or vice versa.

It's best to organize the room using the PSN messaging (I recommend not using this since I personally enter in characters really slowly with the controller so that may be the same for you), use IM service, PMs on here or something to help you organize the room better.