• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Upstaged! OFFICIAL NEW Squigly 240 Undizzy Combo Thread

...-_- all I know is I support raw charged chords 100%. I do it all the time and Bella, para, painwheel, and big band hate me especially. You just gotta feel it...

you can make unsafe pokes safe with enough meter. its all about risk/reward.
Too bad you can't cancel a whiffed/blocked chord into super, eh?

Too bad you can't cancel a whiffed/blocked chord into super, eh?
That's why you do it from full screen &/or they're about to dash/throw projectile forward. Bella's are suckers for that command run lolll

Raw chord hits happen often enough that talking about combos beginning with it are valid.

Reactions: gllt and mcpeanuts
That's why you do it from full screen &/or they're about to dash/throw projectile forward. Bella's are suckers for that command run lolll
I know all that. I do that all the time.

The point is that it's one of the highest risk moves in the game due to its very large commitment, and only at certain distances and vs certain characters does it not get you killed if it's whiffed/blocked.

...-_- all I know is I support raw charged chords 100%. I do it all the time and Bella, para, painwheel, and big band hate me especially. You just gotta feel it...

Yeah, me to as long as you got them reads or make sure to only do it in matchups/at distances where characters cant do anything to punish it on block.

But doing it against a filia might not be the greatest idea if you have no meter and she does, or againsta pw with lvl 3.. Maybe. But yeah if you arent being punished for it then i agree with you wholeheartedly. If you are being punished for it at least 50% of the time on averga e then i wouldnt really agree with it. Especially since it leads to a 50% scaled combo, but a punish against would be a non scaled starter.

But yeah, being smart and having them reads makes any move better, safe or unsafe...after all if you never wiff a dp or get one blocked then they arent unsafe moves when YOU use them.

3hi new to the forums and loving squigly so far dont know if this was asked already but if so sorry I was wondering what were good ways to get in with squigly besides grave digger qnd J.HP

3hi new to the forums and loving squigly so far dont know if this was asked already but if so sorry I was wondering what were good ways to get in with squigly besides grave digger qnd J.HP
Welcome to the forums, Mike. Why yes, there are more ways to get in with Squigly--in fact, j.HP and Gravedigger are some of the poorer options for connecting with your opponent.

My usual plan with Squigly is mainly jumping around with j.LK (her best air normal, check the hitbox in training), using L and M Divekicks to try and harass OR intentionally whiff the L version and poke with c.LK or c.MK. You can also try to jump into them with j.MK into a fast fall j.HP whiff to go for a mixup. j.HP is actually comically punishable and shouldn't be used too frequently.

hi there. check out the tech thread for tips like that and welcomeeeee. But when it comes to squigs...divekick is pretty much the main option. if they're pushblocking a lot, then j.mk for a tricky start and divekick at an unexpected time (while in j.mk animation while they're blocking). It's something you gotta get used to :/

Thank u for the advice im really digging squigly and the bnbs helped alot lol now just trying to get stancels down perfectly lol

Reactions: Nuuance

Is j.hp really that punishable? In my experience, aside from a few exceptions it isn't all that dangerous so long as you aren't doing it so predictably that you are keeping beat with it (doing it at a constant interval) in which case almost all moves are punishable.

I use it sparingly vs Bella (including when she is assist) as she has some moves that pull you in and BB as he can punish anything that is predictably in the air, but in most cases it either trades or is unpunishable on hit. Vs some match ups like PW there is almost no reason to do it all the time until you can get into divekick pressure range as the only thing you have to watch out for is a thresher which if done badly whiffs (burning meter for free) or gets punished by a full combo. But unless you are doing it predictably enough that the PW is just waiting you out, the timing on it is strict.

I don't mean that you should only rely on j.hp, but I'm just not experiencing the ugly side of it that you commonly hear. Admittedly, I've still a ton to learn about Squigly, so I could be way off...

I'm not sure whether Emuchu means punishable on whiff or easy to stuff out. It isn't exactly punishable on block (can cancel it anytime even if it was -ve) and on whiff it is basically like whiffing any other slow move?

j.hp is punishable if it gets DP'd & such & actually it can be "dodged" and squigs attacked in recovery. I actually do that a lot on other squiglys. And it can be silver chorded extremely easy.

Usually I like to use it once and buffer into charge immediately upon landing. Whether they're in hit or blockstun, it frees you up so much.

That's not punishable though, that's being predicted.

j.HP is a fantastic tool if you aren't being pedictable/dumb.

j.LK is her best normal though, honorable mention to j.MP.

Reactions: gllt
What uses are there for j.mp?

The only time I really use it is to j.mp a rushdown like Filia into j.hp to get some space.

What uses are there for j.mp?

The only time I really use it is to j.mp a rushdown like Filia into j.hp to get some space.

use it for mixups plus assist.

i sometimes use it after a silverchord. jump straight up, double jump up forwards+call assist, use j.MP to double cross them up or stay on the same side depending on when you hit it. the trick is learnning the timing for the jumps so it doesnt combo and you get the 50/50 reset that is basically impossible to see. that timing will vary depending on your assist. it works a treat with BBs light DP thingy. the opp just has to pick a direction and cross their fingers basically.

honestly, any move that messes up your jump trajectory is cool. Between double jumps, dive kicks, and j.mp, you can really be unpredictable in your movement.

Okay so i have e been labbing it up and grinding with squigly and im having a hard time on BB any tips

Up back. A lot.

That's only slightly facetious. It's kinda dependent on how the BB player plays. In general though, you can jump back at full screen to dodge an Giant Steps and you'll be too far to get caught with an A Train or Brass Knuckles. If they try to jump forward, just j.HP after their cymbals. The game is just about being patient

Yeah cause that grab range is derp lolol

BB is another character who (to my knowledge) doesn't have a way out of daisy pusher on the ground, so I like using that also.
He can do HP beat extend into level 3 to dodge and beat it, doable but hardly convenient

Every character has some way to avoid a raw daisypusher on the ground if they're in a normal, some are just less practical than others.

I'm probably misunderstanding how daisypusher works, but can't he just jump out w/o seria sing like everyone else?

And with seria sing, isn't he just as locked in as everyone else?

I'm probably misunderstanding how daisypusher works, but can't he just jump out w/o seria sing like everyone else?

And with seria sing, isn't he just as locked in as everyone else?
You can't jump cancel normals on whiff. We're talking about using it in the middle of blockstrings and other times when Big Band is committed to something he can't jump cancel.

He can do HP beat extend into level 3 to dodge and beat it, doable but hardly convenient

Every character has some way to avoid a raw daisypusher on the ground if they're in a normal, some are just less practical than others.
Parasoul also doesn't I don't think. She can't use pillar to get out of it and all of her supers just get grabbed.

Parasoul also doesn't I don't think. She can't use pillar to get out of it and all of her supers just get grabbed.
Pillar>bikes beats it and gets her a combo, level 3 also works and is easier

I learned to use daisypusher forresets or if I drop a combo

Is j.hp really that punishable? In my experience, aside from a few exceptions it isn't all that dangerous so long as you aren't doing it so predictably that you are keeping beat with it (doing it at a constant interval) in which case almost all moves are punishable.
Spencer gets the gist of j.HP, in that it's a very useful normal unless you get pegged out of the thing. It isn't normally THAT punishable, and I still use it pretty frequently, but it falls apart a bit against players with SRK assists. I often fight players who throw around Updo and Pillar assists as a neutral tool, and they'll call it whenever you jump to try and get that untechable knockdown combo. As well, Bella can Excellabella on reaction, and Filia can Updo into Gregor, so it's an especially dangerous move to throw around depending on the matchup. Once you're aware of the risks, though, it's an important tool to keep around, and essential in the Parasoul and Peacock matchups. Just don't ever use it enough to get people looking for it, because it really is super-easy to stuff, oftentimes for a whole combo.
I'm not sure whether Emuchu means punishable on whiff or easy to stuff out. It isn't exactly punishable on block (can cancel it anytime even if it was -ve) and on whiff it is basically like whiffing any other slow move?
By "punishable" in this case, I meant easy to stuff out. If you connect with the thing, hit or block, the stun on the move is enough to keep you safe, but if you whiff it, the move takes up so much space on the screen that you're more likely to get pinged by neutral assists and the like. The issue is that in Skullgirls, a neutral zone poke getting stuffed by something usually leads to a hitconfirm combo, so I tend to recommend away from committed moves like j.HP unless you really need it.

Last edited:
@Nuuance Here's your charge during grave combo, but for crouchers. The cLP link is much tighter.. and I totally mashed the sMP link because I'm not good at that wonky restand yet. But yeah, I liked it, and I wanted it to work on crouching Filia. So here it is, if you don't mind.

Reactions: Luweewu
i just use Lk to confirm after a charge in that situation

@Nuuance Here's your charge during grave combo, but for crouchers. The cLP link is much tighter.. and I totally mashed the sMP link because I'm not good at that wonky restand yet. But yeah, I liked it, and I wanted it to work on crouching Filia. So here it is, if you don't mind.
s.hp > c.lp without charge is a 1-frame link

So start doing charged drag 'n' bite > s.lp links because that damage is excellent

Reactions: gllt
Do any of these still work or still do same damage?

Any of what? Like, all of the combos in this thread? This is already the new thread for post-240 Undizzy changes. Her combos haven't changed since then.

Everything in the OP (first post ever on this thread) work. All the stuff you need to know is there. Welcome to the forums btw.

I just a heavy weight combo for squigly who has that for me ?

I just a heavy weight combo for squigly who has that for me ?
Did you go through the first post? Most of Squigly's combos are universal. Here's what I'm using at the moment:

Midscreen:

c.LK c.MK s.HK
j.LP j.Gravedigger
s.HP~HP Silver Chord (Opt: xx Daisy Pusher)
s.HK
j.MK(2) j.HP(4)
j.LK j.MK(3) j.HK(4)
s.LP~LP c.MK c.HP(4) Arpeggio

(6743 x1.0 Damage, 0.5 Tension, switches sides)
(7604 x1.0 Damage w/ Daisy Pusher)

(With Charge)

c.LK c.MK s.HP~HP Stancel
c.MK s.HP~HP Silver Chord (Opt: xx Daisy Pusher)
c.MP s.HK
j.MK(2) j.HP(4)
j.LP j.MK(3) j.HK(4)

(6892 x1.0 Damage, 0.5 Tension)
(7838 x1.0 Damage w/ Daisy Pusher)

Corner:

c.LK c.MK s.HP~HP Tremolo (Lv.1 Only)
s.HP~HP Silver Chord
(jump over their head) j.Gravedigger
s.LP~LP s.HK
j.MK(2) j.HP(4)
j.LP j.MK(3) j.HK(4)
s.LK~LK c.MK c.HP(4) Arpeggio

(7001 x1.0 Damage, 0.6 Tension)

c.LK c.MK s.HP~HP Tremolo (Lv.1 Only)
s.HP~HP Silver Chord xx Daisy Pusher
(Begin charging as coffin hits floor) M Draugen Punch Seria
s.MP(2) s.HK
j.MK(2) j.HP(4)
j.LP j.MK(3) j.HK(4)

(7859 x1.0 Damage, 0.5 Tension)

All tested on Big Band. The corner Tremolo variant with the jump-over Gravedigger needed minor editing to work on Big Band, and maybe Double, but most of Squigly's combos are more-or-less universal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karlaaldana
As far as I've seen, the only edits you need to ever make are that certain characters crouching hitstun puts them beneath standing lp and mp or that for certain characters you have to alter the number of j.mk hits if you're doing jump loops.

As far as I've seen, the only edits you need to ever make are that certain characters crouching hitstun puts them beneath standing lp and mp or that for certain characters you have to alter the number of j.mk hits if you're doing jump loops.
Ooh, I remember one. For Cerebella, after Daisy Pusher, you need to move forward a little to connect s.HK. And I guess you have to know a bunch of Big-Band specific resets, since his size interferes with the usual crossup shenanigans.