• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Upward Dash Damage Reduction?

Decisions

Reaction score
Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031346471/
Ms. Fortune Fukua
I noticed in training mode I was pulling in less damage during a combo if I did a short upward dash (blood spurt animation) in between my c.hp and j.mk, even though it was all still the same combo with no reset. My full combo did about 3465 without the dash and 3340 with it. So my question is why does the upward dash reduce damage on the subsequent hits?

You talking about Fiber uppercut? That adds an extra hit which scales the damage of whatever move you used to end your super. Besides you don't need to do fiber uppercut because cr.hp is already a launcher so its basically redundant. I'd recommend doing cr.lk s.mk s.HP QCFHPHP~down+LK s.LPLP s.MP s.MK s.HP QCFHPHPHP QCFPP as your combo if you're just starting out. Check out the combo thread otherwise.

I think he's talking about just delaying the normals so that you actually see the super jump animation. Though I could be completely wrong.

Post the notation for your combo so we can figure out whats going on.

What exactly is an "upward dash"? You can go up via Doublejumps, or horizontal with an Airdash. Neither of those happens by just holding up.

That combo of yours deals 3172 Damage, how did you land at 3400? Did you test in 1.3 Damage Ratio?
E: Nope, that's 4126. No idea where you have your damage numbers from.
E2: Wait, c.MK? c.MK c.MK is not a combo??
E3: Yeah those damage numbers don't make sense with c.MK (just one of them~) either
E4: Okay I landed at 3343 with s.LP c.MK c.HP j.MK(2) j.HP j.HK which at least is sorta close. But not the combo you posted. And the 3465 still doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
how about you take a screenshot of that animation

You 'always' do that bloodspurt, it's part of her Superjump animation. Only way to avoid doing it is by pressing buttons earlier. Doesn't matter for how long you hold up. (At least if I understand correctly what you're talking about..)

Got your 3340 with [s.LPx2 c.MP c.MK c.HP > j.MK(2) j.HP j.HK] now. Still no idea how you land at 3465.
I figure you dropped the combo somewhere or did different inputs, but trying out didn't help. Best thing I found was [s.LP c.MP c.MK > j.MK(2) j.HP j.HK] for 3437.
Definitely doesn't have to do anything with whether you press the j.MK earlier or late, though.

THIS is the animation I'm speaking about. If I cancel it early with the j.HKx2 I get 3465

Attachments

• bloodspurt animation.PNG
    bloodspurt animation.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 813
- How long you stay in the superjump doesn't affect your damage...
- I can't get 3465, but if you skip one of the s.LPs (so just s.LP->cr.MP->cr.MK->cr.HP /\ j.MK->HP->HK) you get 3437 because you don't have the extra damage scaling from another s.LP. So my guess is you're not actually comboing the LPs together...

I also did the combo and arrived at 3340. Record yourself doing this combo using Fraps or OBS and post it on youtube or something and show it arriving at 3365 please.

Also you can edit your posts to include new information instead of posting a new post each time : )

At the start of each combo:
First time: (Counter hit) 5.LP, 5.LP = 625 Damage.
Second time: 5.LP, 5.LP = 500 Damage.
It looks like you're getting a counter hit on the s.LP. You may have force CH on in the training options.
It has nothing to do with j.MK or the super jump.

You're using the dummy playback feature. I would guess that you have something recorded for Squigly. On your first attempt you jabbed Squig out of whatever it is you recorded, thus getting the counter hit. On your second attempt you jabbed quick enough that the recording didn't have time to make Squig perform her action, in that case missing out on the counter hit.