• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Valentine Scalpel beaten by air grab

Yummy Bubbles

Reaction score
Steam
Yummy_Bubbles
Big Band Valentine
I'm not sure if this is an issue or if I'm just confused about what happened. I was playing against a lovely miss sally kit ballard, and while we were hopping around me as cerebella, her as valentine, I jumped and tried to air grab, before it landed she used Scalpel, as soon as val released the scalpels, the air grab hit and cerebella was invincible through the super, BB who I'd called as an assist was still hit by the scalpels so I know that they came out. So I'm trying to figure out exactly what happened. I found the replay in beta and it still doesn't make a lot of sense. Any Ideas?

Grabs make you invincible. Everything about this is normal. You just got lucky.

Most supers are invincible on the same frame the first active frame comes out to prevent this sort of thing.
Air scalpels are not though.
<Extrapolation>
So if a grab connects on the frame the scalpels come out, I think priority goes Throw > Scalpels Hit but you're already invincible so whatever.
</Extrapolation>
This isn't the case with ground scapels however.
a43a4t.png
Untitlesfsfd.png

Last edited: