• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Valentine Story question...

Kitsuziza

Reaction score
Steam
Illiad
Valentine Peacock
So the team I play is Peacock/Big Band/Valentine while I was playing Big Bands story to kill time A question popped in my head about Valentines story, I'm wondering if any one has answer also please correct me if I am misinformed.

So Valentine is a member of last hope, Sometime around what I'm assuming to be the beginning of Marie's reign the last hope confront Marie and were defeated. To Save herself Valentine swore allegiance to Marie and began to work with her and double. Now here's my question, did Valentine and Braindrain begin working on Painwheel before or after Valentine began to work with Marie? A lot of this has to do with how long Marie has been a Skullgirl in general but depending on the answer to this question some more questions are raised.

It's been established that Valentine is motivated by revenge, she wants to destroy the source of the Skullgirls power (thus why she took the power for her self in her story) but she's not necessarily evil. Which is why I find the idea of her and Braindrain working on Painwheel before the fall of last hope to be at odds with her character.

Now if it was after the fall of last hope (which is what I personally think) Could brain drain not just read Valentines mind to see that shes working with the Skullgirl? Not only that but how did Valentine manage to not only work with Marie but also find time to help Braindrain make Painwheel?

Now we know very little about Braindrains motivations but based on Big Bands story it could be said that he is in fact trying to destroy the Skullgirl. I'm not sure what Braindrain would do with the information that Valentine is working with Marie but I'm sure something would come of it (though we probably won't until he gets his own story or a canon story gets made).

What do you guys think? Did Valentine and Braindrain begin working on Painwheel before or after Valentine began to work with Marie?

Thinking about it logically, Valentine designed Painwheel with the intention of her being able to kill her if something went wrong while she was the Skullgirl. Thus, she would have had to have the intention of becoming the Skullgirl before or during the construction of Painwheel; thus, she had the motivation of the loss of the Last Hope before work on Painwheel began.
At least, that's the conclusion I reached.

Also, do we know that Brain Drain can read minds? We do know that he's a generic psychic, but that's not very specific; psychics have lots of generic powers, and not every psychic has every psychic power. I don't think it's been clearly outlined what he can do (Except for telepathy, which he's exhibited on Painwheel a couple times).

Well In the Indiegogo gameplay description it said that Braindrain might have the ability to control the characters on the other team. I know this is a game play mechanic and might not relate to abilities in the lore. I also know that Mind control does not necessarily mean the ability to read someones mind.

Honestly I figure if he can mind control you surely he can read your mind but you have a valid point.

In the opening scene of Valentine's story she states (in her mind) that Painwheel will "need to finish what she couldn't". This scene looks like its before she began working with Marie and Double since Last Hope are there dead and Val is being threatened.