• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Video Game Characters You LOVE

hm...favorites?k.
that guy from bizarre adventure,never takes off the hat.
megaman x
sonson
the chick who fights wit projectile baseballs.
the blonde goldsuit nemesis of hatman from bizarre adventure.
asura
ryu/ken
makoto
dudley
guile in every game he appears in
stryder
zero
painwheel
squiggly
big band
goku
donkey kong
falco

Nice to see some love for Planescape Tortment in here. You are good people.

Reactions: AxHell
Yeah, that's clearly southpawper, not Lisa.

- Irvine (FFVIII)
- Celes (FFVI)
- Syndra (League of Brain Retardeds)
- Hwoarang (Tekken 3 only)
- Valentine (Schoolgrills)

You can get it for 10 dollars on Good Old Games.Com and you have a very nice community that can help you if you have a problem with the game

Yeah, was definitely planning on getting it from GOG. Maybe I'll get around to picking it up over the Summer.

Gum from Jet Grind Radio
Gum's_tattoo.jpg

Reactions: Dagwood
My favorites...
<-Valentine(the concept of a ninja nurse still boggles me)
Donkey Kong (Always got a kick out of playing the original DKC)
Cammy from Street Fighter (Favorite main)
Akuma (Awesome in 3rd strike)
Koopa kids (always fun bosses to fight against)

Last edited:
Lei Fang - (Dead or Alive)
May - (Guilty Gear)
Frost, Khameleon - (Mortal Kombat)
Q-Bee, B. B. Hood - (Darkstalkers)
Double, Peacock, Squigly, Painwheel - (Skullgirls)
Akira, Zaki, Incho, Ran - (Rival School/Project Justice)
Eileen, Pai Chan, Aoi Umenokouji - (Virtua Fighter)

Last edited:
Here’s a fairly short list of the first 10 or so that came to mind excluding SG characters. I’m actually kind of surprised someone already mentioned Kerghan. It seems like he doesn’t get nearly enough credit.

akuma-ragingstorm.gif
NSFW - Language
Story Spoilers
Mild Story Spoilers
Major Story Spoilers
Kerghan is one of the few well thought out omnicidal villains I’ve come across and while most of the dialogue options that lead to a peaceful resolution are interesting, I really enjoyed how straight forward Arronax was. I actually ended up liking Arronax quite a bit despite his annoying faux british accent.
I find of most of cast of the Guilty Gear series appealing for either their aesthetic or gameplay design if not both, but Baiken, Venom, Testament, and Potemkin stand out in particular.
I still liked his personality even after the game’s story started to fall completely apart around act 2 and I was pretty happy that he started to play a lot like Nero from DMC4 towards the end of act 1.
1z4xpwg.png

2zyabe9.jpg
He’s not exactly the most complex character around, but Dante has a certain charm that not many can match. I really didn’t miss Trish, Lady, old Vergil, or even Nero but Dante is what basically made Devil May Cry what it was before the reboot and there isn’t much reason to hold on to the the name after you take him out of the picture. I don’t think the new Dante is a horrible character but he has next to nothing in common with the original.
2l9mm1g.jpg
I think I've gotten too used to Max's current voice actor. Going back to any of the old games or cartoons feels really weird now and that kind of makes me sad.
141ruxf.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Muro
Painwheel - She is one of those characters that I want to wrap in a blanket, feed her soup, and tell her that everything is going to be okay.

Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2)
Samus Aran (Metroid)
Auron (Final Fantasy 10)
Solaire of Astora (Dark Souls)
Grigori (Dragon's Dogma)
Filia (Skullgirls)
Peacock (Skullgirls)
Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
Bill (Left 4 Dead)
Markal (Heroes of Might and Magic 5)
Engineer (Team Fortress 2)
Big Boss (Metal Gear)

Reactions: SkullMan
Schala from Chrono Trigger inspired me well the whole Antiquity plot honestly
Lili from Tekken I think she's awesome
Haruko FLCL she's animated like me
Stoopkid I understand not leaving the stoop
BlackStar cause he pushes people to pass their limits
The moon from Soul Eater I'm a man who likes to see how people react in situations not usual to their lives the moon promotes the madness in people i want to see that released

Wish I'd checked out Off--Topic sooner. This is a fun one: all video games. Considering I've played since Pong...

Someone's mention of Athena from AA got me thinking about the many characters from AA. I've never played an AA game, but have watched them all (including AAI2 & vs. Layton) on YouTube.
Phoenix, Maya, Edgeworth, Kay, Gumshoe, Athena & many more.

Thorpin, Sobel, Arimose and many other characters I've created for games (see signature).

Crash, Spyro, and other characters designed by my former character design teacher & head of a great forum called Animation Nation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Zembillas

Aigis, Teddie, Chie and other P3 & 4 characters. I'd never heard of Persona before P4A, but loved the characters in Story. Watched the P4 anime, playthroughs of both P3s, and am almost done watching P4G (waiting on videos from the guy posting). Aigis is my fav robot in all of entertainment.

Blazblue has some fun, interesting characters imo as well: Bang, Tager, Tao, etc.

Character I relate to: Madotsuki from Yume Nikki. I'm really into her dreams. And her choices
Character I look up to: Ishimaru from Danganronpa. He's the purest of heart, he looks intimidating but really he's rightful and friendly and emotional. Aww my baby
Characters I have a weird simpathy for: the Mafia Bears from Sam&Max aaaaaand Larry from Leisure Suit Larry. I'm so sorry

Reactions: Denizen
<-- Iffy from Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Love this character lots. On the outside, she is mature and has a no nonsense attitude, but underneath that tough exterior lies someone who cares deeply about her friends.