• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza Weight of Anubis Bug

FXFGamer

Reaction score
Steam
Axixe
PSN
Hectarius
Eliza Cerebella Ms. Fortune
-- Albus will no longer throw the opponent backward past Eliza if they are close to her, as long as she is on the ground.

I was thinking on an almost unescapable set-up using Cerebella's Excerebella as an Assist and using Weight of Anubis. I was playing against a Parasoul. I did the following chain midscreen and close to the corner (not on the corner): c.LK, c.MK (x2), c.HP (x2), Delayed Assist, xx.Weight of Anubis (The delayed assist must be so delayed that Cerebella fails it because of the opponent falling right through it, but getting caught if double jumping.) If Parasoul is grabbed by Weight of Anubis, she will pass right through me. I didn't test this with other characters as I immediately ran to report the bug although I'll be bumping the post/editing it to report any other issues if any. It looks to me an opponent grabbed in the range of a succesful c.HP will be thrown through me. I'd like this to stay though, as I developed a combo that makes use of the opponent being thrown through me. I'd very well understand if this is changed.

Can you check you're on the right version? (Title screen build ID listed in the patch notes)
If you are:
Do you have a replay file?
Can you make a replay file? :^)

UPDATE: Works on everyone except Big Band. Some Characters require different timing compared to others (Painwheel as seen in the replay file and Miss Fortune). I think that what's causing this is the assist's tag out animation, as this is impossible to perfom without an assist. It doesn't matter if the team is Eliza + Cerebella + Miss Fortune or just Eliza + Cerebella. (This may be possible with other assists if they don't move themselves nor hit the enemy. I'll test this soon with Squigly's Center Stage.)

I can't update my game so I suppose I'm on the most recent version: 14316.
I'll attach the replay file as asked. In it it's possible to see how timing affects some characters, or doesn't, and that it is impossible to do it against Big Band. Here.

EDIT: Literally 3 seconds in practise mode with Eliza + Squigly (Center Stage Assist) to find out it also works. I suppose it's the assist's tag out animation that's causing this.

Last edited:
@Mike_Z - I suppose you kinda forgot about this bug (which I'm okay with cuz I don't want this to be changed)... Using "@" so you get an alert to look into the updated info.

Oh, okay, I got it to happen. Yeah, basically it's because the assist overlaps Eliza, and they get placed in between the two and pushed behind Eliza. Not a lot I can do...

Oh great! c: Seems like I got the best of both worlds! Opponent still goes through Eliza if I want it too! If I don't, I simply don't use the assist. Time to make better and safer alternatives!